Restaurant Recommendations: A Disneymoon

johnaalexis

Live Long and Prosper
Hi Guys!

Oct 3rd is (finally!) our wedding! My fiancé and I have been engaged for 5 years now and our wedding is officially booked and planned!

Oh and of course we are doing a Disneymoon!

We have a vacation tradition of eating 1 “Fancy”/“Upscale” meal during our trips and with this being our Disneymoon we want to keep with our tradition!

We are looking for recommendations as to were to eat for this dinner! I would prefer restaurants that are at Hotels or Disney Springs, simply because we want to do this meal our first night at Disney (Oct. 4th).

We are open to any and all suggestions!

I will say, we have considered Victoria & Alberts but when I personally look at menus, I don’t see a whole lot the peaks my interest. I’m sure it’s an amazing experience but I don’t want to pay a lot of money for a meal to pick at the food or not like it. (Sorry my palettes picky!)

Other than that... BRING ON THE SUGGESTIONS!

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding! My husband and I had a Disneymoon as well and we ate at California Grill and Yachtsmen for our “date nights” (free dining). I think both are solid options if you’re looking for something a bit more upscale. We also really enjoyed Ale and Compass two years ago on an anniversary trip. Whatever you pick will be special :)

Congrats! So exciting you are having a Disneymoon. My husband and I enjoy eating out and trying new places when we are in Disney. He is very adventurous and will eat anything and I'm a picky eater. He jokes that I live on chicken, mozzarella, and bread! We did Victoria & Albert's and really enjoyed it. They customized it so mine did not have any shell fish or red meat. We really enjoyed it and I was able to try some things I probably wouldn't otherwise (such as Ahi Tuna- I figured they would do it right). Overall, we really enjoyed the experience!

Outside of the parks we also enjoyed:
Cítricos- we had amazing service and left here very stuffed. The chicken was probably some of the best I've ever had (it was more memorable than V&A) and our server gave us some free ice cream for our anniversary.
Narcoossee's - I LOVE the dessert here, but the food just isn't as good as Citricos. Not sure if I had hyped it up too much, but I had the same dish October 2018 and December 2019 and it just wasn't as good the 2nd time.
Yachtsman Steakhouse - Amazing service again- I think my favorite part was the roasted garlic you get for the free bread. My husband and I didn't even get steak and loved the main courses!

Other notes:
I did not like the Boathouse. We went for lunch -- were rushed and my food was very greasy.
California Grill's menu doesn't appeal to me. We are DVC members so get very similar view from Top of the World Lounge
I think up next for us is Jiko- we just have to get back over to AKL- Jambo!

Last edited:
I think the atmosphere at the California Grill can't be beat, especially if you have a table by the window overlooking the Magic Kingdom. There are enough food options, even for picky eaters. On my list visit, the server was awful, but that was definitely an exception, since service is usually top notch.

Trails End is by far my favorite BBQ restaurant in Disney. It's a buffet at Wilderness Lodge and is reasonably priced.

DS: I would recommend Morimoto Asia (seriously one of the best meals I've ever had) or Jaleo (if it's open by then).

If you want to get really fancy you can do Capa at the Four Seasons.

Congrats!!! We just at at Topollinos' Terrace at the Riviera. Fancy and the food was great.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!