Restaurantosaurus - QS Dinner available starting Aug 18th- ADRs open June 12

Pointing it out ONCE is fine. Repeatedly saying "I don't like this restaurant" and "I would never choose this" and other things just really seemed excessive.

Not when its considered by some as the worst restaurant in the whole park. Even DFB only likes the theming and doesn't like the food and has it only above Pizzafari.

Not when its considered by some as the worst restaurant in the whole park. Even DFB only likes the theming and doesn't like the food and has it only above Pizzafari.

You can feel how you want to, and I can feel how I want. I feel that it was excessive. Even my dad - who was sitting across the living room in the beach house we've rented - heard it and said "Why are those guys even doing a review there if they hate it so much?"

Say it once - and maybe a second time at the end if you must - but every other sentence? I'm not stupid. I do not need every other sentence reminders that you hate that place. (I have eaten there plenty of times and it's always been fine - maybe because I have to order from the allergy menu?)

You can feel how you want to, and I can feel how I want.

You can feel and say anything you want. Doesn't mean you are not wrong....

Just to pull out a couple:
Say it once - and maybe a second time at the end if you must - but every other sentence?

They didn't and most of the review once inside the restaurant was praise for the experience and food.

I have eaten there plenty of times and it's always been fine
"Fine" is not a positive for a restaurant review anywhere. Your fine is backed up by most reviewers having it at the bottom of all AK Quick Service.

they (burgers) all seem too frou-frou
Those are fairly standard burgers in the US, including the egg topped one (McDonald's, Red Robin, Applebee's, and Burger King have even had it).

I'm not as high maintenance (as DIS cast members)

Corey (who was in the review) as an example had never been to parties, stayed All Star Resorts, and was (likely still is) a far cry from high maintenance. The only one that fits in that mold would be Pete (who you likely are thinking of). You are mistaking being an actual reviewer with a point of view and a high expectation for Disney service as being high maintenance.

Anyways I will move on from this at this point. I just wanted to stick up for the DIS team as I thought it was a very unfair view of them with skewed "facts".

Im still hoping this gets extended past Nov 10th...AK is my second fave park and it would be fun. We did a thing YEARS ago that was called "Picnic in the Park".You pre ordered as a Counter Service credit and picked up a cute picnic bag (reusable, I still have it) it was roast chicken,sides,bottled drinks,cookies and we took the train to Rafikis area where they had a picnic spot set up. Plates and utensils were in the bag. We LOVED it, but even castmembers had no idea about it...only 2 other families were eating in the reserved area. I recall you could get chicken or subs....its one of my fave memories at AK and NOBODY remembers it. I think this burger event will be a cool memory. Fingers crossed, my trip starts 11/17.

I remember it! We also still have that reusable bag-it IS so cute! There was a map with several eating spots. We ate by the Tree of Life, on a little path not far from Pizzafari.

Does anyone know what the hours will be for this? The cost seems fairly competitive with a QS meal. I'd be interested in reviews for that wedge salad. I'm usually not much of a burger person. A wedge salad leaves more room for ice cream (I am big on that!)

I remember it! We also still have that reusable bag-it IS so cute! There was a map with several eating spots. We ate by the Tree of Life, on a little path not far from Pizzafari.

Does anyone know what the hours will be for this? The cost seems fairly competitive with a QS meal. I'd be interested in reviews for that wedge salad. I'm usually not much of a burger person. A wedge salad leaves more room for ice cream (I am big on that!)
I have the bag, too! It was a fun offering!

My daughter and I ate there yesterday. Neither of us was in the mood for burgers, so we got the wedge salad. We both thought it was good with a tasty dressing. It had chicken, bleu cheese, avocado. I got the fries as my side. It wasn't a lot of fries but enough for me. They had several dipping sauces which I tried with the fries. The ice cream sundae was nice. It was 2 scoops of ice cream. The choices were vanilla, chocolate, strawberry, mint chocolate chip and some kind of berry sorbet. They had a lot of toppings for the ice cream, including hot fudge and caramel sauce. I thought it was a really good use of a qs meal credit.

@Disney_Alli posted this in another thread: http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2019/...erience-at-animal-kingdoms-restaurantosaurus/

My question is if they are adding bartenders I wonder if they expand to offer a drink with a QS credit meal? I read in one spot that they currently didn't but wonder if that is changing now that they have bartenders there?
This review looks like something that would be perfect for my family, so much so that I just added a second reservation for our trip. With my dinosaur loving 5 year old and burger and ice cream loving kids I think it will be a big hit. It helps to see they have a few non burger items and to see the allergy menu still allows me to enjoy some of the more adventurous burgers.

We ate here tonight. Food was really good for what I expected and a good amount of food.

The sit down aspect is nice as well.

If you are on the dining plan I think it's easily worth doing. We possibly will go a second time this trip as well.

It looks like ADRs might return soon! I check the Disney website everyday, and there have been no dates available past November 16 for a while. Today, the calendar shows blue dates through April 7. However, at least for my trip in January, there are no times available. But I'm hoping that changes soon! This meal looks like a crowd pleaser for my four kids.

It looks like ADRs might return soon! I check the Disney website everyday, and there have been no dates available past November 16 for a while. Today, the calendar shows blue dates through April 7. However, at least for my trip in January, there are no times available. But I'm hoping that changes soon! This meal looks like a crowd pleaser for my four kids.

I was so excited to see this. I have been hoping for my trip in December. Unfortunately, my calendar is still showing grey days after November 16. Maybe they will update soon!

I was so excited to see this. I have been hoping for my trip in December. Unfortunately, my calendar is still showing grey days after November 16. Maybe they will update soon!
Weird! It's still blue for me. I can click on any of the dates. It just says No Times Available. We shall see. Free the ADRs!

ETA: I can click on any 2019 date, but it only lists the hours of operation for that date. Any 2020 date gets "No times available."

Last edited:
It looks like this might be going to a sit down credit next year - am I seeing this correct?

Dining Plan Type
2019 Entitlements Required

Dinner
Disney Quick-Service Dining Plan1
Disney Dining Plan1
Disney Deluxe Dining Plan1

Dining Plan Type
2020 Entitlements Required

Dinner
Disney Quick-Service Dining PlanN/A
Disney Dining Plan1

So how do these restaurants that have a fixed price menu and a regular QS menu work? Since there are reservations for the fixed price menu, is there no longer a regular QS option? I noticed Pizzafari also has the QS menu and the fixed price reservations.

It looks like this might be going to a sit down credit next year - am I seeing this correct?

Dining Plan Type
2019 Entitlements Required

Dinner
Disney Quick-Service Dining Plan1
Disney Dining Plan1

Dining Plan Type
2020 Entitlements Required

Dinner
Disney Quick-Service Dining PlanN/A
Disney Dining Plan1

Do you have links to where you got this information? I can't figure out how one makes a reservation for this place. All I ever see on the website is the times the restaurant will be open.
But if goes to TS by the time I arrive in January, I guess all this is moot. A burger and ice cream, no matter how good, is not worth a $$ TS credit, and AK is full of interesting QS offerings and hearty mini-meal snack credits.

Do you have links to where you got this information? I can't figure out how one makes a reservation for this place. All I ever see on the website is the times the restaurant will be open.
But if goes to TS by the time I arrive in January, I guess all this is moot. A burger and ice cream, no matter how good, is not worth a $$ TS credit, and AK is full of interesting QS offerings and hearty mini-meal snack credits.
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/animal-kingdom/restaurantosaurus-burgers-and-sundaes/There are two listings for this place. The regaular restaurantosaurus just has hours and QS menu. The other one linked above has fixed pricing and reservations.

Ah! Got it. Ok, I'm going the first week of January, but can only book Burgers and Sundaes Jan 1-4. I made a reservation (yay!), and if you read the Guest Policies before you finalize the reservations (on phones you have to click to open the text), there is a line saying that it is a QS credit. Perhaps not starting Jan 5, but Jan 1-4, it's still QS.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter