Restaurantosaurus - QS Dinner available starting Aug 18th- ADRs open June 12

I’m a little confused and couldn’t seem to google the answer. Is it now a sit down restaurant? Is it permanent? MDE still lists the walk up menu and a bacon cheeseburger combo with a drink and brownie is 15.99.

This was one of our favourite places. Love the burgers and was one of the only places we could still find blue cheese on a toppings bar!

We are trying to get away from scheduled sit down restaurants on our next trip and our kids just don’t eat enough yet to justify a 15.00 price tag.

Dig In
Settle in for a dino-mite feast topped off with a build-your-own sundae bar!
Our paleontology grad students conspired together to open a fun burger place for everyone to enjoy! You’ll get to choose between gourmet burgers, a chicken sandwich, veggie burger and salad. Side dishes included French fries and onion rings with a house-made dipping sauce. For a sweet ending to your meal, check out the build-your-own sundae bar!
Dates
Starting August 18, 2019.
Price
  • $22.99 per adult – plus tax (gratuity not included or required)
  • $14.99 per child – plus tax (gratuity not included or required)
Please note: The Disney Dining Plan is available at this location.

That's a heckuva large price for a CS burger, fries, soda, and dessert...guess is delivers on DDP "value" again...

That's a heckuva large price for a CS burger, fries, soda, and dessert...guess is delivers on DDP "value" again...
And it also includes some"atmosphere" FWIW.

And in addition to savoring these burgers and treats, guests will be able to color with fun dinosaur stencils while cast members entertain them with games and stories of the paleontology students who created the restaurant.

I know gourmet can be added to anything but I think part of the expectation is a better burger with the more limited seating vs normal walk up QS.

Part of the reason I will be looking for reviews and since we are doing the DDP this time around (or first time) figure make the reservation for now and we can always cancel.

We have the QS plan and I think it sounds perfect for us. Yes, I hope it is better than average QS burgers, but even if not, my kids love those. I have a dinosaur obsessed 5 year old who will love the atmosphere and extras. Plus my kids always love build your own sundaes. I think this one is pretty clearly targeting young families and that’s ok. Just some more options out there. Not every meal has to be a fit for every group.

We are going in early September. Not sure when you are going but if it’s after that I can post a review.

I know gourmet can be added to anything but I think part of the expectation is a better burger with the more limited seating vs normal walk up QS.

Part of the reason I will be looking for reviews and since we are doing the DDP this time around (or first time) figure make the reservation for now and we can always cancel.

We are going from August 31st to September 10th (QS plan starts on September 2nd).

I think this one is pretty clearly targeting young families and that’s ok. Just some more options out there. Not every meal has to be a fit for every group.

I think the thought process was that the food quality should be increased from the level it's at. I am hoping for the quality of a local order at counter delivery to table quality burger you might get.

I am thinking we will do it regardless as its a quick trip from AKV where we are staying for the bulk of our trip.

We are going from August 31st to September 10th (QS plan starts on September 2nd).

I think the thought process was that the food quality should be increased from the level it's at. I am hoping for the quality of a local order at counter delivery to table quality burger you might get.

I am thinking we will do it regardless as its a quick trip from AKV where we are staying for the bulk of our trip.

Well I definitely agree with you in hoping it is an improved burger. But I am fairly certain my kids are going to love it either way so I would book it even if I knew it wasn’t. But that doesn’t mean I wouldn’t prefer it be better. Sounds like you will be going before me. Maybe I can get the review from you instead!

We are going September 7-14, but our reservation is near the end of our trip.

Well, we are on dining plan and made a reservation for next week. My son likes dinosaurs, so hopefully it's a good value for QS. It's value to me if he enjoys it and contributes to our magical experience at WDW. Been going since I was a child .....I'll post for others after we go :earsgirl:🍔

Well, we are on dining plan and made a reservation for next week. My son likes dinosaurs, so hopefully it's a good value for QS. It's value to me if he enjoys it and contributes to our magical experience at WDW. Been going since I was a child .....I'll post for others after we go :earsgirl:🍔

Seems to be a good value when you consider its one of the only sit down QS meals and the food is getting good reviews.

Is this over after Nov 10? There are no dates after that time?

Haven't heard but if it stays filled and there are good reviews of it you would think they keep it around.

There are also some links to reviews (by people who are not constantly reminding you that they hate the location and hate Disney burgers) on this thread: https://www.disboards.com/threads/ak-burgers-and-sundaes.3763610/

They are pretty fair it would seem with most restaurants. I mean what would you say about a $10-$15 frozen burger that is on a normal bun with a fake cheese slice? They normally talk about how there is better food at X or Y in comparison to those places they don't like (especially in AK or EP). I also think its important for them to call out their own preconceived notions so you understand where they are coming from and in this case actually shows how open minded they are when reviewing (they even talk about restaurants going up and down in the rankings on various shows).

Others like DFB are great for information but I don't exactly trust them on ratings since for me they don't come off as critical enough. If your rating system is 8 to 10 (like DFB and others) its harder to tell vs DIS which is more like 1 to 10 for a rating scale.

They are pretty fair it would seem with most restaurants. I mean what would you say about a $10-$15 frozen burger that is on a normal bun with a fake cheese slice? They normally talk about how there is better food at X or Y in comparison to those places they don't like (especially in AK or EP). I also think its important for them to call out their own preconceived notions so you understand where they are coming from and in this case actually shows how open minded they are when reviewing (they even talk about restaurants going up and down in the rankings on various shows).

Others like DFB are great for information but I don't exactly trust them on ratings since for me they don't come off as critical enough. If your rating system is 8 to 10 (like DFB and others) its harder to tell vs DIS which is more like 1 to 10 for a rating scale.

Pointing it out ONCE is fine. Repeatedly saying "I don't like this restaurant" and "I would never choose this" and other things just really seemed excessive.

I tend to ignore the DIS reviews as a whole simply because I'm not as high maintenance as many of them come across (only staying in suites, anything not signature is "not worth it" or "such a surprise" if they did like it, etc.). Plus they don't really deal with allergies. I don't use the DFB either as much for the same allergy reason (though they did show the allergy menu for this one).

There are a couple of bloggers I do put stock in their reviews because they DO deal with allergies AND their reviews have not noticably changed since the whole "hosting" phenomenon started.

But honestly the reviews are not why I'm debating if I want to keep it or not. It's the menu. Other than the All American (which looks to be a standard burger) they all seem too frou-frou for me. Corn chips on a burger? Ew. A nasty runny egg on one? Gross. And I never do mushrooms because they get slimy when cooked and make me gag. So it's a lot of money for a burger I could get anywhere and a couple of scoops of ice cream. I had hoped it would be the deluxe burger base and then you could select your own toppings for the burger - not these pre-made concoctions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter