Restaurants in the Park???

2boyshere

Mouseketeer
Hi,
We are visiting for first time with our 2 teenagers in a couple of weeks. Can someone recommend please some restaurants to make Priority seating at for lunches and/or dinners. We are WDW veterans and like (liked, just changed) Garden Grill, Crystal Palace etc.. I understand counter service will be crowded during these summer months. Thanks for your help.

In disneyland itself there is only one "restaurant" that you can make a PS for and that is Blue Bayou. DCA there is Airel's Grotto, The Vineyard Room, and I believe Wine Country Trattoria. Of course there is also DTD right there too, with numerous places to eat. Visit http://www.dlresortinfo.com/ for an idea of the menu's at each place.

Blue Bayou is the only one (in the parks) I have tried. It is great for atmosphere.

Disneyland doesn't have nearly as many dining options as WDW, but it's come a long ways. Many posters, including me, would recommend the Blue Bayou for the unique atmosphere. You can now also get PS for Carnation Cafe in DL. Plaza Inn, which is kinda similar to the Crystal Palace offers PS for a Princess Breakfast, but I don't think they offer PS for other meals. In addition to the DTD restaurants, which are essentially just outside of the entrance to DL and DCA, you might consider some of the restaurants at the hotels. Goofy's Kitchen, at the DLH, is a good buffet and a fun place, even if your kids think they have outgrown character meals. Everything is quite compact at the DL resort, so it won't feel like you are really leaving the park to eat at DTD, GCH, or even DLH. See the maps on the sticky threads to get an idea of distances, keeping in mind that while there are more rides at DL, it is quite a bit smaller physically than the Magic Kingdom.

Do try the link on the previous thread for menus and prices.

If you are also going to California Adventure try to check out Corn Dog Castle. They have to best corn dogs!!!

We are just back from DL and we ate at these restaurants:

-Blue Bayou: The setting is as if you are seated on the veranda of a New Orleans mansion at night, with lanterns hanging in the trees and the river out back (with the PoC boats floating by). It's really beautiful, and we enjoyed the food, too. I had andouille-stuffed mushrooms (yum!) and a pork chop with rootbeer-spiced apples (also yum). Other dishes (all were good) were fried calamari, vegetable gumbo, and crab cakes.

-Wine Country Trattoria in CA: Casual place with limited menu (3 kinds of lasagna, 3 sandwiches, 3 entree salads and a few desserts), but you can eat outside and that was nice. DH and his dad enjoyed the rustic lasagna they had, MIL liked her chicken panini (sandwich), DD liked her pasta (with butter and cheese). The only thing that looked appealing to me was the meatball sandwich, which was just OK.

-Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen (DTD): Awesome! The al fresco, upstairs seating was fantastic, and the food was delicious - none of us was disappointed. DH had crawfish springrolls, then a jambalaya pasta dish. He enjoyed both very much, but the springrolls were his favorite part of the meal. I had the drunken chicken (with a pineapple-rum glaze). The double-chocolate bread pudding was fantastic!

-Storyteller's Cafe in CG hotel: This buffet-style character breakfast (or you can order off the menu) was delicious and fun with Chip & Dale, Kenai & Coda, Turk and Meeko. A cozy atmosphere, too.

-Hook's Pointe in DL hotel: We thought this was just OK - the service was terrific, but the decor was lacking and none of the food the 4 adults ate was better than mediocre, sadly. DH and his mom both decided on a chicken and sausage papardelle (pasta) that was spicy but not tasty enough. I had a bland pork chop with mashed potatoes and baby carrots. Salads were good, particularly the one with sliced pear and blue cheese (I was told by MIL and FIL). No one (except DD(6)) was enticed by the small dessert selection. We wouldn't bother returning here.

-Goofy's Kitchen in DL hotel: Character breakfast. We didn't get much character interaction, and it seemed a bit dark in there for my taste, but the buffet selections were vast, varied and delicious, especially the chorizo breakfast pizza (with scrambled eggs and tomatoes).

-Riverbelle Terrace in DL: We had a fine breakfast here. It's pretty much counter service with indoor and outdoor seating. The 3 main choices are pancakes, the Mark Twain (scrambled eggs, breakfast potatoes, a biscuit and a choice of sausage or bacon - a large portion for $6.99) or the last choice which was basically the Mark Twain with pancakes added. It was very good and definitely worth the money, but it would have been nice if the beverage were included. 2 kids could definitely share here.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter