Results of the refresh method last week (May 22)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mlneryder

Earning My Ears
Just returned from the world and I wanted to share my experience with the refresh method to score additional fast passes.

Magic Kingdom - The easiest park to score additional fast passes after your original three. I was able to get same day for Splash Mountain, Space Mountain, Buzz, Haunted Mansion, Pirates, Jungle Cruise. Using refresh method over and over again, I was able to move the times up closer to the current time.

Animal Kingdom - I was able to score a Navi River Journey fast pass the same day, attempted the refresh method but could not get the time moved up. I attempted this around 2pm and the Fast pass was for 6pm.

Studios - Not much success with the top tier rides. But did see some times come up for Toy Story Mania. ToT was a no go, but it is operating at 1/2 capacity right now. Stars Tours was available as well as were most of the shows.

EPCOT - I was able to get same day for Soarin', no luck with Test Track or Frozen. I never used it but did see the Character Spot and Illuminations fast passes available for later in the day. All the 2nd tier attraction were available and often not even needed.

We had about the same experience last week as well. At MK, we were able to use about 10 FP+ and probably could have kept going, but we were tired! Studios and Epcot were kind of a bust as far as additional FP+. Last November, we were able to ride FoP at AK 3 times in one day with additional FP+. We were never able to get Rockin Roller Coaster this trip.

I tried at the Studios but could not get additional FP+ for Rockin Roller Coaster or ToT. Star Tours and sometimes Toy Story Mania were available. Animal Kingdom I got lucky with Navi, it showed up once and only once. Magic Kingdom we could have kept going as well except for 7 Dwarfs. We always choose 7 Dwarfs, Space Mountain, and the mine train as our original 3.

Around 5:30 on 5/3, I was able to pull an 8:05 for Frozen for 2. Got it on my first refresh. Tried to change it to earlier several times, no luck.

Someone else can hopefully link you to a topic that goes into detail about the refresh method, as I can't find it currently. But essentially you refresh the MDE to have different FP+ times show up. Just like when you refresh a webpage on the internet, you're doing the same thing here. You're refreshing the MDE to hopefully have different stuff show up. Most of the time you will have different stuff show up, but sometimes it takes several tries to get the popular rides to show up.

Can I ask - how many were in the party that you were attempting the refresh with?

2 people in my party. I was trying for 4 when my parents were there and it is much harder the more people you add.

Ive grabbed everything, even FOP a couple times, we the same day refresh trick. But Ive never seen SDD pop up and 7DMT is very rare.

I had similar results back in March. I was successful in moving times up many times and getting several additional FP with the exceptions of FOP and Test Track. Got Navi, Toy Story Mania, Soarin and several big attractions at MK. Persistence works!

I am not clear on the the refresh method. Can you explain it to me?

This was taken from the sticky regarding FP+.

Instructions for Checking Availability and Refreshing

You don't have to Cancel when checking availability, rebooking a new park, or when park hopping. Simply follow the instructions below.

From the app:
~ tap the "+"
~ select guests
~ select date and new park
~ continue beyond any warnings
~ you won't lose anything if just checking availability. After checking, back out of the window and your original FP+ remain.
~ when you confirm a FP+ for the new park, that's when any original FP+ are replaced.

Checking Availability for Same Park - Same Day
From the App
~ from a booked FP, choose "Modify”
*(Note: to check availability of a Tier 1 attraction, you must choose an existing Tier 1 to modify.)
~ scroll through selections to see availability
~ original FP remains intact if a new ride is not chosen
* The system does not show ride availability for time slots that are blocked by original FP Return Windows.

The REFRESH Method
When in the park, Modify FPs by using Refresh:
  • Choose a pre-booked FP and Select Modify
  • Select a time and read the selections that are available
  • Select a new time and again read the selections that are available
  • Continue until you choose a new FP

When searching for a new FP:
  • Select the “+,” date, and park
  • Select a time and read the available selections
  • Select a different time and read the available selections
  • Continue until you select a FP

Remember to grab a chosen ride’s available FP and then “Modify + Refresh” to find other available times.

Using the kiosks (yes, the kiosks, not refreshing the app) we were able to get TOT and RnR same day at DHS last October. I think it was early or mid afternoon. Toy Story Land rides were impossible, however.

We were there last week as well and had just about the same experience as the OP. We were a party of four. When we got to the point that DH wasn’t interested in riding any more and it was just three of us, much easier to get the mountains and even modify to earlier times. We rode more rides in MK using this method (our first time trying it out) than ever before. Couldn’t make it work for ToT, Frozen, or TT. Soarin’ popped up constantly.

DD and her BFF had lots of fun doing this and I let them take charge; less for me to do as the vacation planner of the family. We were just sorry we had never heard of this method (or thought of it ourselves) before this trip!

:sunny:

The 3 most difficult are FoP, SDD, and 7DMT. Difficult, however, not impossible. We pulled all 3 day of on the last two trips in January and March and even pulled a 7DMT on Christmas day. It just takes some patience.

Just returned from the world and I wanted to share my experience with the refresh method to score additional fast passes.

Magic Kingdom - The easiest park to score additional fast passes after your original three. I was able to get same day for Splash Mountain, Space Mountain, Buzz, Haunted Mansion, Pirates, Jungle Cruise. Using refresh method over and over again, I was able to move the times up closer to the current time.

Animal Kingdom - I was able to score a Navi River Journey fast pass the same day, attempted the refresh method but could not get the time moved up. I attempted this around 2pm and the Fast pass was for 6pm.

Studios - Not much success with the top tier rides. But did see some times come up for Toy Story Mania. ToT was a no go, but it is operating at 1/2 capacity right now. Stars Tours was available as well as were most of the shows.

EPCOT - I was able to get same day for Soarin', no luck with Test Track or Frozen. I never used it but did see the Character Spot and Illuminations fast passes available for later in the day. All the 2nd tier attraction were available and often not even needed.

Protip for refreshing - upgrade your phone if possible to an iPhone X or a Samsung whatever their premium phone is, because it refreshes ten times faster and made for a much more successful day than my old iPhone 7. MDE is meant to work with new operating systems and older ones lag and crash (aka “glitch” as many in these boards say).

Protip for refreshing - upgrade your phone if possible to an iPhone X or a Samsung whatever their premium phone is, because it refreshes ten times faster and made for a much more successful day than my old iPhone 7. MDE is meant to work with new operating systems and older ones lag and crash (aka “glitch” as many in these boards say).

I was using a Samsung Galaxy S7. Not the latest and greatest but it worked. I would say the app glitched at least a few times a day where I would have to restart it. The most common problem was when I would try to modify a fast pass and the app would only show me as the only one with the fast pass, not the other 3 members of my family.

I was using a Samsung Galaxy S7. Not the latest and greatest but it worked. I would say the app glitched at least a few times a day where I would have to restart it. The most common problem was when I would try to modify a fast pass and the app would only show me as the only one with the fast pass, not the other 3 members of my family.

Well in that case it sounds like you had a real glitch on your hands, I stand corrected!

The 3 most difficult are FoP, SDD, and 7DMT. Difficult, however, not impossible. We pulled all 3 day of on the last two trips in January and March and even pulled a 7DMT on Christmas day. It just takes some patience.

My big score was Navi River Journey, it appeared once and only once. Could not move the time up. Did not see FoP, SDD, or 7DMT at all but they were always in my original 3 fast passes for the day.. MK was the most successful park

My DD16 and her friend did everything on FP today in AK, plus two shows, sit down lunch at Rainforest Cafe, and multiple rides on EE and Dinosaur. We started with FPs for FOP, EE and Dinosaur and picked up the others along the way. Started at 9am and left after a light dinner at Flame Tree at 7.30pm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter