Results of the refresh method last week (May 22)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We just got back as well.
MK - could get just about any FP other than PP and 7DMT. Just ahve to keep looking. When you get the attraction you want, keep modifying to get teh time you want.
AK - could get anything but FoP or Navi. kept looking for Navi, but never found a FP.
EPCOT - could get anything we wanted. Had to keep checking for Frozen and TT, but they were available.
HS - Other than SDD, could get anything with refresh and modifying times.

My FP-fu is strong. The refresh method has been working very well for me, though the downside is that I'm glued to my phone for most of our park days.

My FP-fu is strong. The refresh method has been working very well for me, though the downside is that I'm glued to my phone for most of our park days.

True. I have an external battery charger that I bring in my backpack as i found with the park WiFi and frequently refreshing, the MDE really drained my phone battery.

Our family of 5 were at the parks last Monday/Tuesday. We had park hopper passes. We split up in the afternoon and were able to get sane day fast passes for FOP, SDD, Navi, TOT, Soaring and Space Mountain. We did EMM at MK so did not use refresh to get PP or SMDT. Refresh worked great

I always see where people say they dont like to be glued to their phones. I certainly get that but other than looking for specific harder to get FPs, you can usually find anything within 2-3 refreshes. Yes, FoP, SDD, and 7DMT will take some more time and work but, we generally just do it as we stand in line and unless its one of the 3 hard to find ones, it takes all of 5 minutes at the most.

I always see where people say they dont like to be glued to their phones. I certainly get that but other than looking for specific harder to get FPs, you can usually find anything within 2-3 refreshes. Yes, FoP, SDD, and 7DMT will take some more time and work but, we generally just do it as we stand in line and unless its one of the 3 hard to find ones, it takes all of 5 minutes at the most.
Depending on when you go, the size of your party etc. Your experience may not be EVERYONE'S experience. I love using refresh. I don't like being glued to my phone while doing it...even In the line.

I plainly said I certainly get that and was making a statement based on multiple trips over the past 2 years, even on Christmas day where I found it even easier to get additional FPs for anything due to the crowd mix, and in varying size groups. Usually it is 2-4 for us, but, on a few trips we have had 5 or more and just do splits and overlap. That generally works. There are absolutely zero methods that are full proof, but, based on personal experience and that of friends who live in or close to Orlando and go on a whim because of their APs, Refresh is about as close as you can come to creating flexibility with the least amount of work. That comes with a precaution of refresh only works really well with practice. We also in general have at least 2-3 people within the group who are really really experienced and good at it so for us it takes very little work. This is not representative of the majority or people who do not use it regularly. I was stating an opinion based on experience. No reason to get in such a wad and have to use caps to emphasize your point.

Adding to this post. We used refresh on Sunday at Epcot and we were able to ride every single ride, including 2 rides on Soarin. Today was not as lucky at HS. We got an extra RNR, AS2, and we did get our girls a SDD for 6:55 pm...it was raining then, but they waited until it reopened & went. We agree that it’s easier for smaller groups, so we let the kids do some without DH and I. Their one disappointment is that TOT was closed most of the day, and no FP+ ever came up.

Tomorrow we’re headed to MK. Hoping our refresh luck holds out and we get on mostly everything we want. There’s also EMH until 1 am, for our worst case scenario of riding close to closing. We do plan to take a mid-day break, as the heat is wearing us all out quickly!

This thread began in May regarding refreshing in mid-May.

Now that it’s almost the end of June leading into 4th of July week, closing to not be confusing to those heading to the parks soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!