Retirement Means I'm Going to Disney! The COVID Edition

We have the worst luck with Cavalcade of Progress. It always seems to break down when we ride it.

The chicken waffle does sound good. :)

We have the worst luck with Cavalcade of Progress. It always seems to break down when we ride it.

The chicken waffle does sound good. :)

Hmmm... never had CoP break down on us, but that could get annoying being stuck in one section over and over!

And yes, if anyone hasn't tried the chicken waffle sandwich, do so on your next trip! Some might say it's a little spicy, but that's why I love it- not just plain boring theme park food.

Epcot Day- Breakfast
Since Epcot didn't open until 11 I thought it would be the perfect day to eat a nice ts breakfast at another resort. Originally I had planned Boma, which for us is a must do for either breakfast or dinner, but since it was closed I picked another favorite- Kona at the Poly. I made it for 9:05 since I knew we'd have to drive over but I didn't want to have to wake up too early- we were on vacation! We woke up with no alarm, got ready, and drove over to the Poly. We were early (they let you check in 20 min. in advance) so we stopped by the front desk to see about pin trading. They told us that the store upstairs had a board. When we got their we encountered two very friendly CM's and no other customers, so we got to trade and chat a bit. We sat on the couches near O'hana and waited right up till 9:00 and then were alerted our table was ready. Kona did a nice job of spacing guests out and our service was great. I had made a cup coffee in the room and drank it on the way over so I could drink the juice with my meal- DH and I love this stuff. He ordered the macadamia nut pancakes and I ordered the Tonga toast- both were delicious as usual! The twist was he got sausage with his and I got bacon- usually it's the other way around.
IMG_5049.JPGIMG_5050.JPG

After filling our bellies we made it back to the car and to the YC, popped up to the room to brush teeth and grab our bags, visited our CM friend at A&C Market to pin trade, and were making the short walk to the International Gateway entrance to Epcot. We could see some of the construction for the new section in France that will house the Ratatouille ride.
IMG_5052.JPG

It was just before 11:00 and the park seemed so empty- it was cool to be able to walk through and really see everything. We strolled through the UK and Canada sections just admiring the scenery, though nothing was open yet, as we made our way to Future World.
IMG_5054.JPGIMG_5055.JPG

Our first stop was the Land Pavilion, and we were some of the first few guests to enter. We made our way down and discovered they had literally just started the rides, and we were the very first ones on Living With the Land! We got a whole boat to ourselves since there was no one behind us and the CM's weren't about to make us wait. A nice relaxing ride as always and Ilike that they've added some decorative elements.
IMG_5059.JPG

We got to ride Soarin' next, which was literally a walk on- that's never happened! We were walking down the concourse with one other couple in sight further down. When it was time to board we only waited a few minutes while the CM's got all guests into place then we were watching one of my favorite pre-ride videos and being seated. they have barriers up between sections, but there were smaller parties so we weren't even seated right next to anyone. I love this ride- the sights, the smells, and the feeling of flying without being scared or feeling sick!
Since we were right there and there was only a 10 minutes wait posted, which turned out to be more like 5, we headed to The Seas with Nemo next. This ride was cute, but since the rest of the aquarium area wasn't crowded like it usually is, and we knew we had time, we explored a bit.
The manatees were hanging out and were adorable. We found a hidden Mickey while checking out some fish.
IMG_5068.JPGIMG_5069.JPG

We found Crush too! There were so few guests that we could walk around and take turns getting close to all the sea creatures while still socially distancing. There were CM's around answering questions and pointing things out in each area.

IMG_5070.JPGIMG_5071.JPG

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter