• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Returning for our 2nd trip, what do we need to know?

Disneybridewifemama

DIS Veteran
we just booked a last minute trip to Aulani in 3 weeks! :yay:

Our first trip was in 2016 and it was so amazing. I’m wondering if there is anything that has changed that we need to know about?

I know the starlit hui is gone and replaced with a luau. But is there any other major changes?

Can I bring my reusable cup that I bought in 2016 and use it or do I have to buy a new one?

What characters are out to meet now? Shortly after our trip, Moana, Shellie Mae and Daisy began meet and greets. Are they still out for those? My daughter would love to meet Shellie Mae!!

not sure about shellie mae or daisy, but moana seems to be a permanent addition...I’ve seen some pics of maui that they had in one of the parks in asia...and I don’t think that should ever be allowed anywhere without a major redesign (seemed like it would give kids nightmares).

they have a fair bit of duffy merch (and all but stella lou as far as duffy’s friends...although stella lou will probably make it to aulani soon...but they’ll also probably add another one in tokyo disney soon too)

aulani doesn’t really change all that much, much like other disney resorts, the luau, and making moana permanent are probably the biggest things. the sheraton is done with construction now (don’t remember how much they were still doing in 2016)

they have a voyager conoe sailing thing you can book as well (of course with moana themed sails).

cups...not sure if they’ve ever changed them, or even bother trying to enforce anything...but they also have mickey shaped shave ice now as well.

not sure about shellie mae or daisy, but moana seems to be a permanent addition...I’ve seen some pics of maui that they had in one of the parks in asia...and I don’t think that should ever be allowed anywhere without a major redesign (seemed like it would give kids nightmares).

they have a fair bit of duffy merch (and all but stella lou as far as duffy’s friends...although stella lou will probably make it to aulani soon...but they’ll also probably add another one in tokyo disney soon too)

aulani doesn’t really change all that much, much like other disney resorts, the luau, and making moana permanent are probably the biggest things. the sheraton is done with construction now (don’t remember how much they were still doing in 2016)

they have a voyager conoe sailing thing you can book as well (of course with moana themed sails).

cups...not sure if they’ve ever changed them, or even bother trying to enforce anything...but they also have mickey shaped shave ice now as well.

Thank you so much! Mickey shaped shaved ice is something we are definitely looking forward to!

Is the voyager canoe thing an extra cost? Is it a kids club or a family thing?

One thing I’ve noticed that changed is that you can’t pre reserve kids club activities anymore (the free ones) they said the policy is effective after April 8th. So I’m very confused at how the kids club will work now? The cast member I spoke to didn’t speak very clear English so I couldn’t understand what he was saying the new procedure will be. Will I be forced to stand Inc that insane line in the morning? I somehow managed to avoid that line the entire week we were there in 2016 because she had her three free activities and 1 premium and the rest of the time was family time.

99% sure the voyager conoe bit is an extra charge, and has a vip option of sorts. Should be open to all (probably has a minimum age, and a minimum age to go without an adult)

Haven’t ever done the kids club bit (aunties), but I believe you can’t reserve anything before the morning of...so its something like wake up early and get to some kind of sign up sheet, or drop kids off...not sure which.

For the shave ice, as with all things mickey shaped it is more expensive...but since you do get more shave ice due to the ears...its somewhat justified. Its located in 1 of the 2 food shacks in the middle of the pool area.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter