Review of trip last week

SWofDisorder

Expatriate Fun
I went to DLP for girls only trip. It was my young friends first time to DLP. I know she had a great time with some issues being language. Each year I take on of our friends children to DLP. They are German and language is a problem because I don't speak German and their english is not enough to converse. But we tried.

We stayed offsite at Ibis with free breakfast offer. The room was nice and the train ride gets to the gate at DLP in steps, even closer than staying onsite.

Our first day was confusing to say the least. I bought an AP at the ticket counter but forgot to exchange my friends ticket voucher. Back to the line we went. I felt stupid! Lucky the lady controlling the EMH remembered us leaving as I told her please let us back in. We had asked a DLH family if we could join up with them for EMH.

Tickets in hand we entered the park and her eyes lit up! That is the magic taking someone who has never been. But first stop was to get my access pass at city hall, no line there and with blue card and doctor's letter it was not a problem. We

We then went to space mountain which we visited many times during the trip, at least 2 rides a day.
We went to the AP office right when they opened and that seemed to take about 45 minutes. They questioned my blue card, my doctor's letter, everything. I know it is there job but I sure was put through the paces. In the end I got my permanent access card and my AP.

The parks were cleaner, less smoking and nicer crowds. But it was hot and it was getting more crowded each day. My knee really hurt from climbing around Paris the day before and I learned you can not get paracetamol or any pain relief on Disney property or the train station. We went back to Ibis and I put my leg up and napped about 13:00. We went back to the park for more fun and stayed until 23:00 for the fireworks. My young friend kept asking" why we wait" I would say fireworks show but she didn't understand, until it happen. She loved it and I did too, it is so worth it to stay up for show.

Day Two: Who is that crazy woman stopping people and asking if they have pain tablets? Yes me. A lovely couple gave me a package because they were leaving. Blessing!

EMH now with my AP. More riding space mountain, then buzz lightyear. It is so worth getting up early, avoid the crowds and the heat. We finished up nearly all of MK and went to the Studios around 11 am. Again so very crowded but we went on crush twice and then Ratatouille. I was done. Back to the hotel for a nap and lunch. We went back to MK for the evening and stayed till about 22:00. We wanted to stay for the show again but time to leave.

We noticed by night the bathrooms really did smell pretty bad and wish they would clean them more often. At Belle Notte the CM was cleaning the outside but only wiping down one table leaving napkins and trash on the ground. But the food was fast and reasonable for Disney.

Day 3: Slept in a bit and skipped EMH. We brought our luggage with us to have more park time. Again more space mountain and then we did her highlights. BTM and buzz for me, then a jump to the Studios just to hit crush and rock in roller which she hated and so did I. It is very jerky and slammed our heads around.

Each day we went to Salon Mickey for a nice rest and cold water. The muffins and cookies were a nice treat. My friend now thinks everyone gets free drinks from Disney.

It was good trip, the crowds were getting to the point that I was uncomfortable but leaving in the afternoon solved most of the issue.

I now have an AP and plan to visit a few more times.

Last edited:
Sounds great, and lovely for your friend to experience the parks for the first time.

I always found space mountain to be more jerky than rock n rollercoaster. Is space mountain better now after the refurb?

Thanks for sharing :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!