Ride after 10:30 Fantasmic with 11pm close?

wareagle57

DIS Veteran
Is it possible to get to a ride after Fantasmic with an 11:00 close? I was hoping for a midnight closing for our week since that’s what the rest of spring break, but it’s 11 for the 2nd week in April.

I had planned on the 2nd Fantasmic for an easier viewing, but as we are ride focused, I don’t like the idea of spending the last hour of the night doing a show. I’m thinking not since it would be about a 5 minute window.

I have 2 F! Dinner packages booked for a second showing. I’m thinking of cancelling both and just tryin to do a FP for a first show one night. Is the FP viewing really that much worse? We are eating at BB, but I really only want the lunch menu and not sure I can switch it at this point.

I am not sure about the ride; I don’t think I’ve ever done the 2nd Fantasmic when the park closes at 11.

The FP viewing for the first show can be painful unless you invest a lot of time in getting your spot, which it sounds like you wouldn’t want to do.

I’d see if you can get a dining package for the first show - most bang for least amount of time investment. Have you considered the Hungry Bear package?

Fantastic is 22 min. You only need to be in line by 11pm so getting on Indy, Pirates, HM, Splash Mountain or Big Thunder should be very doable.

I am not sure about the ride; I don’t think I’ve ever done the 2nd Fantasmic when the park closes at 11.

The FP viewing for the first show can be painful unless you invest a lot of time in getting your spot, which it sounds like you wouldn’t want to do.

I’d see if you can get a dining package for the first show - most bang for least amount of time investment. Have you considered the Hungry Bear package?

Yeah, I’ve thought about HB but I don’t really like any of the food options there. I’m a bit of a picky eater which is why I really want the lunch BB over the dinner. Since we know we want to eat at BB anyway I figured that is the place we should use the F! Package. But maybe the cost would be the same if we just did a regular BB meal/ HB package vs a BB package.

Fantastic is 22 min. You only need to be in line by 11pm so getting on Indy, Pirates, HM, Splash Mountain or Big Thunder should be very doable.

Maybe it runs different night to night but YouTube videos seem to be at least 25 minutes. Still, if we had decent spots close to the front, would we really be able to make it to a line in 5-8 minutes with the crowds?

Maybe you could try and call to change your FP to the first show... it doesn’t hurt to to ask! I would definitely give it a shot before canceling anything...
I can really understand why you want to do the BB lunch package I really enjoyed it last summer (I am picky eater as well)

Anf yes, if it is full regular FP viewing can be painful! Especially if you want good viewing spots...
It also depends which rides you would like to do and then if that one ride will be worth the stress in the end...

Yeah, I’ve thought about HB but I don’t really like any of the food options there. I’m a bit of a picky eater which is why I really want the lunch BB over the dinner. Since we know we want to eat at BB anyway I figured that is the place we should use the F! Package. But maybe the cost would be the same if we just did a regular BB meal/ HB package vs a BB package.
You can sub in food from the regular menu, if that appeals to you more (it costs the same amount).

I do think you could possibly get from the viewing area to one of the nearby rides when the show is over, but I wouldn’t count on it 100%.

1. From the railings at Fantasmic, it takes at least 10 minutes to get out of the crush and onto a regular pathway and then battle your way to either Pirates, Haunted Mansion or Splash

2. Dont do the dining package, take your chance at a standby or Fastpass viewpoint, and try to position yourself so that you can see Fantasmic and have easy access to either Pirates, Haunted Mansion or Splash

3. Dont cancel, and go to your dining reservation. The server is the one who prints your Fantasmic ticket. Ask the server to give you a ticket for the first Fantasmic show.

4. Dont cancel the dining package, go to the second Fantasmic show, do you best to push through the crowd and try to get a ride but be prepared that you wont get there in time

Maybe it runs different night to night but YouTube videos seem to be at least 25 minutes. Still, if we had decent spots close to the front, would we really be able to make it to a line in 5-8 minutes with the crowds?
Maybe, but you’d have to be rather aggressive about it and realize that it just might not happen. It would be possible if you had spots at the back with an easy exit. Fwiw shops on Main St are open 1 hour after park close so if you’re not dedicated to one more ride that could be a way to still enjoy the park a bit more while also having a good Fantasmic experience.

Maybe, but you’d have to be rather aggressive about it and realize that it just might not happen. It would be possible if you had spots at the back with an easy exit. Fwiw shops on Main St are open 1 hour after park close so if you’re not dedicated to one more ride that could be a way to still enjoy the park a bit more while also having a good Fantasmic experience.
Along these lines, if I wanted to hit a ride after F!, and I had a dining res spot, I would purposely sit towards the back. That is not a bad thing as all views are good in the seated section. As the show is concluding, like the last 20-30 seconds, step back behind the rope (which is the back of the section, and is a walkway) and start heading towards your ride as you eyeball the end of F!. Head towards HM or Splash and walk with purpose. If you want to ride POTC or IJA, do the above but you need to leave at least 60 seconds before the end of F!.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter