Ride to catch some MK fireworks?

UrsulaTime

Mouseketeer
After reading lots of helpful information on these boards, I've decided to forego both OUAT and HEA on at least one of our two MK nights. (The child I'm going with wasn't too keen on the fireworks a couple years ago anyway.) I'm curious, though: I've read about some people seeing them while on BTMRR - can they be seen from the Magic Carpets, Dumbo, Astro Orbiter, or People Mover? I'd appreciate any thoughts. Thanks!

I've read about some people seeing them while on
BTMRR - can they be seen from the Magic Carpets, Dumbo, Astro Orbiter, or People Mover? I'd appreciate any thoughts. Thanks!

BTMRR-Yes
Magic Carpets-No
Dumbo-Yes
Astro Orbiter-Yes
People Mover-Yes

The situation is trying to TIME your ride so that it will coincide with the fireworks.
And, from all attractions, you will not see the entire show (of course) due to
timing of the ride, and buildings blocking at least some of the pyro.

Yes to all the above.

We once rode Magic Carpets and the CMs knew how to time it so that we were up high during finale. It was awesome. We've watched from Dumbo and I loved that, fairly unobstructed. Astro Orbiter, I mean you are going fast so not sure how much you can enjoy it and I wouldn't do People Mover because so much of the time is blocked so matter of timing. You can add 7DMT too, but again perfect timing since line is mostly covered.

We actually like to sit on the wall in front of Tiki between it and Carpets and enjoy them. Nice enough view, great with a snack.

Thank you both for replying!

Sounds like the fireworks can be seen from Magic Carpets only if the CMs keep the ride near its max height? Anyone else have experience with this??

If you can't tell, Magic Carpets was the one I was hoping might work out!:genie:

We were lucky enough to be riding BTMRR while the fireworks were going. Totally magical..my girls kept saying they felt like they were in a commercial.

HAhaha! That expression is priceless.

Time to take another look at my plans, and this time ask myself: "But will it make me feel like I'm in a Disney commercial?"

:thumbsup2

Some time ago in another thread, someone was saying that he and his kids loved seeing the fireworks from Astro Orbiter. It's high up, maybe worth a try.

Yes to all the above.

We once rode Magic Carpets and the CMs knew how to time it so that we were up high during finale. It was awesome. We've watched from Dumbo and I loved that, fairly unobstructed. Astro Orbiter, I mean you are going fast so not sure how much you can enjoy it and I wouldn't do People Mover because so much of the time is blocked so matter of timing. You can add 7DMT too, but again perfect timing since line is mostly covered.

We actually like to sit on the wall in front of Tiki between it and Carpets and enjoy them. Nice enough view, great with a snack.

Some time ago in another thread, someone was saying that he and his kids loved seeing the fireworks from Astro Orbiter. It's high up, maybe worth a try.

Interesting! I've never done Astro Orbiter. I guess I thought it was just like Magic Carpets and Dumbo but with less interesting (to me) theming.

It’s become a bit of a tradition for us that the night we don’t actually camp out to watch the fireworks, we get at least one ride in in Dumbo while the fireworks are going on. It’s decidedly pretty magical, makes you feel like you’re actually living a Disney commercial.

Interesting! I've never done Astro Orbiter. I guess I thought it was just like Magic Carpets and Dumbo but with less interesting (to me) theming.

It is very similar but it is faster and angled so you will find yourself sliding inward. It's a great .... although potentially blurry .... view. We usually skip it just because it's such a slow loader.

It is very similar but it is faster and angled so you will find yourself sliding inward. It's a great .... although potentially blurry .... view. We usually skip it just because it's such a slow loader.

The screams of joy/happiness and smiles on everyone’s faces in that ride video are overwhelming! :sad2:

:rotfl:

The screams of joy/happiness and smiles on everyone’s faces in that ride video are overwhelming! :sad2:

:rotfl:

Haha, :laughing: I had my computer on mute,
so I didn't hear any of the .... silent squeals.
I was just looking for a short POV video....

Last edited:
You can see the fireworks from a place other than the main drop?? Splash is already my favorite ride x1000.

The first main "circle-around" outside the mountain, just after you have boarded the log and ridden up the first short lift hill.

(You see the hutches and the birdhouses.)

Great, clear video. And aww, the kid reminds me of my cousin. Maybe I'll check out some more WDWpov.

We were lucky enough to be riding BTMRR while the fireworks were going. Totally magical..my girls kept saying they felt like they were in a commercial.

We just did this Sunday - timed it perfectly - I had tears in my eyes it was so magical.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter