Rider Switch changing (Started June 16th)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly that's the biggest question I had. I told my friends just to make FP for everyone who wants to ride that ride. That way, there isn't a problem later on. Worst that comes of it is that they would need to switch their FP to something the 2 year old can do instead of waiting in line.

That's what I've done too. Better safe than sorry until we know what's up.

So if I am reading this thread correctly (and forgive me if I got it wrong - I honestly didnt read every message on this thread), Rider Switch is now digital and you have to ride within an hour? Can I take both of my kids with me? We have a 6 month old but my 4 year old is 40" for the first time, so she can finally ride a lot of the "big kid rides" that my son normally got to ride twice when we swapped when she was small.

So if I am reading this thread correctly (and forgive me if I got it wrong - I honestly didnt read every message on this thread), Rider Switch is now digital and you have to ride within an hour? Can I take both of my kids with me? We have a 6 month old but my 4 year old is 40" for the first time, so she can finally ride a lot of the "big kid rides" that my son normally got to ride twice when we swapped when she was small.

That seems to be where we are at. This thread really got off course and I'm glad it's returning, but there was a rumor that this is what's going to officially start happening on Tuesday, with possibly everyone in the party also needing fastpasses.

possibly everyone in the party also needing fastpasses.
No; reports from those who have used the new digital Rider Swap today have confirmed that only the initial riders who had pre-booked FPs needed FP. The Swap Pass allowed the 2nd group of riders to enter through the FP line without needing a pre-booked FP.

The Swap Pass served as a FP for the Swap riders.

No; reports from those who have used the new digital Rider Swap today have confirmed that only the initial riders who had pre-booked FPs needed FP. The Swap Pass allowed the 2nd group of riders to enter through the FP line without needing a pre-booked FP.

Right. And I hope it stays that way. But reports have said otherwise starting on the 19th. No evidence to back them up though.

Last edited:

Thanks for confirming this!

I’m currently at Star Tours and they are using the new riders switch. My wife and son road and then they scan mine and my sons bands they basically gave us an hour and 10 minutes from the Entrance.

Thanks for your report. I have two questions for you, when you have time:

1) When did they add the RS entitlement? Did you all go to the FP queue and they added it then?

2) It sounds like your son rode twice (or maybe it was different sons?)? That is consistent with the "old way" and a reason we liked RS, so I just wanted to check to make sure I understood correctly.

Thanks!

I am also interested in confirmation if someone can still ride twice with this system.

If that's the case then effectively some (or possibly all depending on the size of the family) members of the family can affect have many more than just the 3 FP's that visitors are allowed. That certainly doesn't seem fair especially to families who don't have younger children.

If that's the case then effectively some (or possibly all depending on the size of the family) members of the family can affect have many more than just the 3 FP's that visitors are allowed. That certainly doesn't seem fair especially to families who don't have younger children.
Disney has allowed Rider Switch/Swap to operate in this manner for years. It is now digital versus paper Swap Passes.

Discussion and arguing based on Disney protocol led to this thread being closed: Rider Swap/Rider Switch/Child Swap: Digital System begins in late June and has led to Warnings in this News/Rumors thread.

Do we know that the rider swap entitlement *expires* after the 1 hour 10 minutes? Or is that possibly when the window *opens* for the swap entitlement

Disney is using the same system as DAS and that's how DAS works

Do we know that the rider swap entitlement *expires* after the 1 hour 10 minutes? Or is that possibly when the window *opens* for the swap entitlement

Disney is using the same system as DAS and that's how DAS works
This is the post that explained the Swap window for ST.

We both did fast pass but they didn’t check to see if we had a fast pass when we told them writer switch they just added a new fass pass that was an hour and 10 minutes. Although it was all for nothing because they’re fast pass line Scan wasn’t working so they werent even checking for fast passes

Another poster rode ST back to back from the initial to Swap ride so their window was open without needing to wait for any type of activation/opening and the FP touch points were working for @BrookieM2001

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!