RIP Thread

Curly Seckler died on Christmas day. He was 98 years old.

For those of y'all who don't know, he was a bluegrass legend, one of the original Foggy Mountain Boys.

According to WDW News Today Stacy Fulford who was Known as Mimi Kaboom in DHS passed away today

Sad day in the Tiggerdad household. This morning we lost Dixie, our Jack Russell. She's been with my wife and I for 17 years. From the very beginning.

Lot of great memories. Raised two children who constantly chased and pulled on her fur and tail. Not once did she ever bite them, despite numerous justified reasons.

Only thing we never agreed on:
That dog absolutely HATED a squirrel.

She'll be deeply missed.

Sad day in the Tiggerdad household. This morning we lost Dixie, our Jack Russell. She's been with my wife and I for 17 years. From the very beginning.

Lot of great memories. Raised two children who constantly chased and pulled on her fur and tail. Not once did she ever bite them, despite numerous justified reasons.

Only thing we never agreed on:
That dog absolutely HATED a squirrel.

She'll be deeply missed.
:(

Michael You and Your SAINTED wife have my deepest condolences. I recall you once mentioned that Dixie was the Christmas you gave each other your 1st Christmas after getting married. Hopefully the girls
are okay as well. I know from first hand experience how tough it is to lose the other kid that mom and dad had before they had me. Don't let them find out the way I did. I was literally just coming through the door after a camping trip with my Aunt and Uncle when my brother David announced " Rookie died We got a new dog" I cried for 3 weeks and woun't let go of her collar

Last edited:
@tiggerdad sorry to hear about your loss. We had Bernie for 17 years. It has been 3 years and I still think about him.

Michael,

Sorry to hear. It’s totally silly how they become an actual family member, but the do. Hopefully the girls are handeling it ok.

j

So sorry for the loss of Dixie. Always hard to lose a pet/member of the family. Hopefully she wasn't suffering from anything as that can be twice as hard.
I never even met her, but I'm getting teary eyed thinking about it. You'll always have the memories.

Dan Gurney passed away today :( He was a legend that created legends.

The auto racing industry has lost one of the greatest that ever was :(

'Whoa, Nelly!' Keith Jackson, Voice Of College Football, Dies At 89

Man, all the memories of listening to him call football over my life.

Carl Lindel Burns

I don't expect anyone to know him, but he was Donna's dad. The best description for him was a very intelligent "common man". He made it to 8th grade before his family moved to the "city" and left him to run the cattle farm by himself, but he was knowledgeable on most things and would carry on long conversations about politics and Cardinal baseball. He was 88 and was in decline after 2 strokes, but still very much engaged. It's sad when you lose a parent, but his death was made worse because of a simple oversight by the hospital he was taken to when he had his 2nd stroke, a small one, a few weeks ago. If you are a healthcare worker or know someone providing bedside care, please share what I posted on social media below.

To my fellow nurses and healthcare professionals:

The next time you are taking care of your patients, providing excellent care, assessing and treating, remember, first and foremost, to keep your patients safe.

My father-in-law died tonight after a cascade of events that started with one of "us" overlooking something very simple. This seemingly trivial oversight was the one thing Carl needed to not injure himself.

I'm not angry at the staff member. I'm sad and disappointed that someone in my profession didn't put their patient first and I'm distraught to think this is happening at every hospital across the country, everyday.

RIP Carl. This never should have happened.

j

Last edited:
Jim, very sorry for your loss. Our condolences and prayers to your wife and hers and your family

Jim my deepest condolences to you your wife Donna and her family I will keep you all in my thoughts and talks with GUS

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!