Rips in the Haunted Mansion paintings

MrConbon

Earning My Ears
I’m currently at Magic Kingdom and was surprised to see that when I went on Haunted Mansion, nearly all the paintings in the stretching gallery had some sort of crease or rip.

He most appaling was a giant tear down the middle of the tightroper. I supplied a pic of it so you could see what I mean.

Disney seriously needs to get their act together.

Attachments

• F92575E2-6616-4DB8-9BC8-18D3A030206C.jpeg
    F92575E2-6616-4DB8-9BC8-18D3A030206C.jpeg
    51.9 KB · Views: 606
Yeah...that's not cool, I wonder what happened! I hope they get it fixed soon...my guess is the parks are just too busy and they don't want to even take that one stretch room out of operation long enough to repair.

How does the room move, does the floor go down or the ceiling go up? Whenever I think I've got it figured out I get all diskombobulated and think I'm wrong....

I noticed a lot of chipped paint on my last trip, Especially on TSMM. I wonder if Disney is cutting back on quality control?

Yeah...that's not cool, I wonder what happened! I hope they get it fixed soon...my guess is the parks are just too busy and they don't want to even take that one stretch room out of operation long enough to repair.
I saw some pretty obvious wear and tear on the ride back in August 2014. A refurb happened not too long after that.

I think they just can’t win. Take the ride out of service, and people get angry. Run it into the ground to keep people happy, and it starts to look worn (which leads people to say Disney is “cheaping out” and doesn’t care anymore).

I saw some pretty obvious wear and tear on the ride back in August 2014. A refurb happened not too long after that.

I think they just can’t win. Take the ride out of service, and people get angry. Run it into the ground to keep people happy, and it starts to look worn (which leads people to say Disney is “cheaping out” and doesn’t care anymore).
They used to do minor repair & touch ups at night. I think that’s where cost cutting matters. They wait til they can take the ride out & do a full refurb. PLUS, they used to refurbs during non peak times, but they’ve admittedly intentionally created it so that there are no real slow times. I’ve been going to WDW for decades & there is a real feel of squeezing as much out the parks as they can without putting $ back in, IMO.

They used to do minor repair & touch ups at night. I think that’s where cost cutting matters. They wait til they can take the ride out & do a full refurb. PLUS, they used to refurbs during non peak times, but they’ve admittedly intentionally created it so that there are no real slow times. I’ve been going to WDW for decades & there is a real feel of squeezing as much out the parks as they can without putting $ back in, IMO.

Do you know for a fact that they no longer work on rides at night? That could be one reason for the more frequent breakdowns reported lately. Clearly, that kind of cost saving measure is counterproductive and short sighted.

Do you know for a fact that they no longer work on rides at night? That could be one reason for the more frequent breakdowns reported lately. Clearly, that kind of cost saving measure is counterproductive and short sighted.

I don't think they do anymore. Just from seeing like rides start operating a couple hours after park opening so they can "check the tracks." They used to have the rides ready to run in the morning. Stuff like that makes me think the night crews are no more.

I don’t. But when things remain unpainted & torn for mos, it seems they must not be.

Crews do maintenance overnight.

Then when CM's go in in the morning they have to do all the safety checks before the ride can open. If something is wrong then that's when you'll see a ride still down when the park opens. Sometimes the fix requires a little more time.

But if crews didn't come in at night to work on stuff, then nothing would ever get done since the park is open every day.

I'm sure there's no doubt Disney knows about the current rips in the painting and will indeed fix them, but my guess is their currently working on other stuff and that's not at the top of their agenda.

We will be there next Tuesday. Will be interesting to look to see if repairs have been done. Of course, we might end up in a different room that the one where this was seen.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!