READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.

And thanks to you! That explains why it wasn't quite working as I thought it should.
And thanks to you I looked more closely and FINALLY figured out what order they were being listed in! For the longest time I thought it was the people I've added most recently were at the top. Just happens to be that the last people I added were the 'Brown' family! :rotfl2:

We arrived at the parking toll booths at 6:11. Were parked at 6:16. Reached the tapstyles and entered the park at 6:29.

We’re all prepared for opening the app to time for 7:00. They opened boarding groups early. This was our first time in the park so we didn’t realize the announcement meant that groups were open so we waited until 7:00 anyway. Got group 86. Still should mean we ride this afternoon, so I’m fine. Going back to the room for breakfast and a nap.

So it worked just great for us. 86 was called about 1:15. We drove back to HS and got to the ride about 2:10. About a 45 minute wait before we got to the first attraction element. We loved it. Even my wife, who is not a Star Wars fan (except for The Mandalorian), loved it.

After being there yesterday with a successful ride with my family, I thought I'd share a few thoughts that either haven't been said or haven't been said recently.

-Two cast members told me separately that you want to tap in no later than 6:54. It can take the "system" up to 6 minutes to recognize that you're there. Most of the time it happens pretty instantly, but just to be sure - good info to know! :)

-If your maps app is telling you it's a 10 minute drive from your hotel, don't forget that when you look at it that morning it could suddenly say it's a 25 minute drive! The general flow of morning city traffic can add time to your drive, as well as accidents. (Especially on I4!) So give yourself extra time if driving from outside of the general Disney vicinity.

- It's early. Excitement is high. You're focused on the task af hand. But for the love of all that is good, DO NOT let this distract you from remembering to pee before you leave your point of origin. And remind any humans you are responsible for too. Or even ones you're not.

Last edited:
Oh and my last piece of advice: I totally get how doing it this way with the boarding groups is probably the best way to manage this ride for right now. And I get how the MDE app, fast passes, online food ordering, etc are all super convenient.
But my biggest take away from the day is look away from your phone!!! Don't be so focused on this boarding group stuff that you forget to look around at the park coming to life. Or look at the face of your child as they enter this place. Or even just look away from your phone enough that you don't run into other people!

Oh and my last piece of advice: I totally get how doing it this way with the boarding groups is probably the best way to manage this ride for right now. And I get how the MDE app, fast passes, online food ordering, etc are all super convenient.
But my biggest take away from the day is look away from your phone!!! Don't be so focused on this boarding group stuff that you forget to look around at the park coming to life. Or look at the face of your child as they enter this place. Or even just look away from your phone enough that you don't run into other people!

honestly, that is one of my concerns and something I will need to force myself to do - stop stressing about the app or want to take pictures of everything .... I need to just "be" in that moment when we first get in to the land

Actually, so much so I am hesitent to rope drop MFSR as I don't want to just be rushed into the land, etc.

honestly, that is one of my concerns and something I will need to force myself to do - stop stressing about the app or want to take pictures of everything .... I need to just "be" in that moment when we first get in to the land

Actually, so much so I am hesitent to rope drop MFSR as I don't want to just be rushed into the land, etc.
Think of it this way: There are already a TON of images of Galaxy's Edge on Google images. You can look at those anytime you want. But only YOU can capture and save your memory of the actual experience! And THAT is way more priceless than any snapshot, souvenir, etc.

Think of it this way: There are already a TON of images of Galaxy's Edge on Google images. You can look at those anytime you want. But only YOU can capture and save your memory of the actual experience! And THAT is way more priceless than any snapshot, souvenir, etc.

yeah, I think it is more capturing the look on my kids faces ... but I need to remember there will be time later in the day for pictures - just take in the moment

Actually, so much so I am hesitant to rope drop MFSR as I don't want to just be rushed into the land, etc.
This is an aspect of the BGs (as well as the fact that I now have a FP for MFSR) that I'm happy with. Knowing that we don't have to race to get in the line of either of those two rides at RD, we can instead join the race to MMRR and then when we DO enter SWGE, we can take time to enjoy the ambiance of the land itself for a while first before getting on the rides.

That makes sense. I hit the app when the announcement started, just in case, and got BG 16.
Mom and I did SR, RoR, and our FP SDD by 9

This is an aspect of the BGs (as well as the fact that I now have a FP for MFSR) that I'm happy with. Knowing that we don't have to race to get in the line of either of those two rides at RD, we can instead join the race to MMRR and then when we DO enter SWGE, we can take time to enjoy the ambiance of the land itself for a while first before getting on the rides.

yeah, I am going on Feb 17th, so two days before the FP for MFSR come on line so will likely still try for that - though do know it seems like waits for that get low towards park closing so that is our back up

and sorry for taking thread on a tangent

Our HS day is on a Sunday at the end of April. The park opened at 9am with emh starting at 8am. I’m guessing the BGs will become available at 9am to give non Disney resort guests a fair chance.

Any thoughts on that?

Also, I’ll be using the tips I’ve learned here to get a BG as soon as they become available.

Do you think it’s safe to get FPs for 9, 10 and 11am and book sci fi lunch at 11:30am? Or is that too risky - booking too much when we may get called for our BG?

Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter