Rise of the Resistance BOARDING GROUPS Superthread Part 1 *No Ride Spoilers Please* *PLEASE READ POSTS 1-4*

Status
Not open for further replies.
BG 23!! AT&T iPhone X.

Stood by the newsstand at the front gates. Kept checking connection speed was good initially by the train station but got worse as more people started hanging out there. So moved to the newsstand base on reports of ATT success in the esplanade. Had the strongest signal there & never dropped off.

Other family got BG 19 by the partners statue on Verizon. Don’t know the phone type EDIT this phone is a Samsung galaxy note 8

Last edited:
It seems like they held back some of the backup BG's today (?) since the Join Boarding Group option did go away for many of us for 1-2 minutes and then came back (and they are still available now). Everyday it is a little different as they tweak things.

Playing from home was grey till 8:06 then popped up red for backup groups for another minute or more. Strange.

Flying in sun will try mon morning for BG and every day for next 5 after lol.

To clarify, I don't need to purchase max pass prior to attempting to get a BG, correct? I can do that after I secure a BG?

*note: I'm not going til March so this might be useless info, but I'm super curious just in case this BG stuff is still going on in 6 weeks*
If you purchase MaxPass first there’s 2 benefits:
1) you can book a FastPass before park opening
2) you can be sure everything is linked up correctly before the boarding group battle begins

So I wouldn’t wait.

I just went in to try (from home) and it told me to update my app. iPhone. Make sure you’re using the latest version!

Reactions: EmJ
Got boarding group 26. Three of us with IPhones and my daughter got it first but the other two of us were in the process of getting one too. So luckily all 3 of us did get in. Came in with low expectations so we are all very happy.
After getting our BG we rode buzz came out and there were signs on the RotR fast pass machines saying Back Up groups still available, that was around 8:15 or so.

I think we're going to see a trend of all groups being gone within minutes of opening on MM/EMH days and backups sticking around for a bit on days without MM/EMH at least during weekdays. Will be interesting if this holds true for weekends as well.

Not who I am referring too. Or the people who frequent the boards or something similar.

After the cheering stops, you just have to walk around and see the guest faces that are still glued to their mobile devices hoping for a miracle. It is sad.

Then go see the lines and listen to the guests at a guest services booth or City Hall. Front line CMs I have spoken to have said how stressful this whole situation has made it for the guest and for them. The message and directions have not been clear enough.

They just want BGs to stop.

ME

Agree. When we were in the park Sunday, the lines at the guest Relations kiosks around the park were all SO long. We have to use those for obtaining DAS and basically gave up on that after our first DAS because there were just way too many people lined up to complain. I got to listen to a bunch of people ahead of me complain about it to the CMs and people behind us in line doing so amongst themselves. I've never seen lines that long on a normal day. It's usually 2-3 groups at a time in line maximum.

Hi everyone! We just got back from Disney last night, and was able to pull BG the two days we tried. My husband and I have Apple XS. He was able to pull them, with numbers 43 and 31. I am quick but my phone was not loading. We stood by the shops on the right hand side. Security lines were so fast, which was surprising. We didn’t stand in line longer than 10 minutes and that was due to large groups of people in front of us getting pictures taken. One thing I though was amazing is that there is a rider switch being offered.

Editing to say THANK YOU to all of you that posted advice/tips/tricks. Without you all sharing your experiences and how to get a BG, I am sure we wouldn’t have gotten one. I can’t tell you all thank you enough. I also removed what might be spoilers and posted to other thread 😊

Last edited:
To clarify, I don't need to purchase max pass prior to attempting to get a BG, correct? I can do that after I secure a BG?
I guess the idea behind getting it before is that this can rule out app problems such as improperly scanned tickets and thus people who are in the park but aren’t recognized by the system as being there (they wouldn’t get a Maxpass-FP either, and when you do this early enough it gives you time to go back to a cast member & troubleshoot) or your, for whatever reason, not being signed into your account. So, by the time the BG craziness starts, you would have already excluded a few things that could go wrong. But, yes, you’re right, technically you don’t HAVE to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!