Rise of the Resistance BOARDING GROUPS Superthread Part 1 *No Ride Spoilers Please* *PLEASE READ POSTS 1-4*

Status
Not open for further replies.
One theory is that they're still fine tuning the system. Another thing I thought is perhaps those in the "guaranteed" boarding groups get longer, and those in backup groups only get 1 hour. Maybe they want to keep those who might be waiting 12+ hours, in the park, as opposed to going home.

I think we'll obviously learn more in the coming days, but I still think given that it involves peoples' timing, it needs to be consistent. People have to know, especially if the ride is going down for periods of time, and the calling of groups can sometimes be inconsistent.

I was noticing that too. If it’s not down, could they have possibly run through all the boarding groups? If there were a lot left, I don’t know what would be the point of keeping people away to clear the line.

Definitely lots of groups left. People are camping in baatu waiting for their group to be called.

Reactions: EmJ

Thanks everyone for all the info! I’ll be checking in as we will be there in a month to see if much has changed. My kids are the biggest Star Wars fans and will need to figure out a way to ride while there. 🤞🏼

Really stalled out at 114 and tight groups - looks like done for the night and shutting down really early (usually 2 hours is last group call). --- still not bad for day 1 at 114 groups if this is the end tally.

Really stalled out at 114 and tight groups - looks like done for the night and shutting down really early (usually 2 hours is last group call). --- still not bad for day 1 at 114 groups if this is the end tally.
Yep it looks done. I think that ROTR at WDW needs a lot of overnight maintenance. I wonder if they needed time tonight to work on it before Day 2 begins?

I did not go near the masses at the Buzz & Splash machines. Did more than 20 people total actually get into a boarding group that way?

My daughter was about 20 back. By the time she got to the machine, I had already pulled 92 on my phone. Unless you are in the top 20 or so, it will too late. Phones seem to be a better bet.

People are reporting that the return time can be anywhere from 1 to 3 hours, so always double check!

This is a bit upsetting to me. We always make a lot of dining reservations for our trips, so I figured a 2 hour window would be plenty of time to eat if we got a notification close to a dining reservation. 1 hour is not a lot of time, and if you bail on a dining reservation you’ll be penalized. I hope they settle on a 2 hour (or more) window before my trip next month!

And thanks so much to everyone posting today, it was not only informative but also very exciting to read the play by play this morning!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!