Rise of the Resistance BOARDING GROUPS Superthread Part 1 *No Ride Spoilers Please* *PLEASE READ POSTS 1-4*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it would entail sending screenshots of the BG to the recipient. I'm not aware of any "official" way to do it.

It was implied to me by another guest today that you could officially transfer a boarding group but I didn’t ask specifics, and have no idea if they had any idea what they were talking about. If anyone here knows an “official” method, let me know.

My assumption prior to this comment was you’d transfer a screenshot, which should be very doable based on our ride experience today. All they need is the barcode to scan.

My assumption prior to this comment was you’d transfer a screenshot, which should be very doable based on our ride experience today. All they need is the barcode to scan.
You can definitely do this; I’ve known many people who have done this already.

I very much doubt there’s an official way to transfer them, as that could be monetized and Disney generally sticks with stuff being officially non-transferable.

You have 2 hours from when your boarding group is called, so even if you have an FP at the same time, you'll have plenty of time to do your FP ride and then join the boarding group...
Make sure to double check the BG return time! Some people are still posting that the return times vary between one or two hours -- so double check!

I just went in to try (from home) and it told me to update my app. iPhone. Make sure you’re using the latest version!
Has anyone noticed that this most recent update made any difference (positive) in their app performance regarding BGs?

I suspect that everyone playing from home has some sort of AP. I know that I do...
I wouldn't think so -- people have posted that they have APs, tickets, or nothing (because they haven't bought their tickets yet). For those who want to play along, but don't have tickets, don't worry -- just join in the fun/stress. You'll be allowed to go along to the point where the app asks you to link tickets, then back out.

Data nerds, unite!

I have to say that I’ve really enjoyed your enthusiasm on this thread; you’ve added a lot to the conversation and have a nice, balanced outlook. ☺
Hear, hear! Add my heartfelt appreciation to all the data nerds participating in this thread with their nice, balanced outlooks! We couldn't do this without you!

You just miss some “props” and the things to play the play app game. The preshows start after the merge. I’ve been down the fp/das line at dhs once since we had one of the first boarding groups called one of our days.
Did you happen to notice anything in WDW's DAS/FP line that might cause any issues for someone using a DAS? For those who've used the DAS/FP line here at DL, has anyone noticed anything that might be an issue? (No spoilers needed -- just general warnings if there is anything that might cause a problem, like the steepness of the ramps in MFSR, for example.)

I have no information in the recent years, but my understanding is that the number is closer to 70% locals at DLR. FWIW it is about 15% at WDW. If someone has better, more recent or more accurate information that would be great to hear!
:wizard:
The numbers I've heard repeatedly from TDA people is 60% locals/40% non, but those are very general estimates. Whatever the actual numbers, it is clear that, with tickets or APs, there are a lot of local guests at DLR on any given day.

Last edited:

FYI: For anyone still having problems unlinking tickets and APs from your app (if they won't be used for your BG), you can try calling the AP Hotline (714/781-7277) or the App Support Line (714/520-6222). The problem with unlinking tickets/APs from BGs is a known glitch, according to someone on IG, and IT is working on fixing the problem. If you call to get help, please be courteous with the CMs on the phone. This issue is not their fault!

Did you happen to notice anything in WDW's DAS/FP line that might cause any issues for someone using a DAS? For those who've used the DAS/FP line here at DL, has anyone noticed anything that might be an issue? (No spoilers needed -- just general warnings if there is anything that might cause a problem, like the steepness of the ramps in MFSR, for example.)
I think I answered this before, but there is minimal elevation change in the queue for both the regular and fp/das. You enter and exit the ride on the ground level.

I’d be very hesitant to do this, transfer a sceeen capture, as the BG bar code screen has the names & what I think are the associated last four of the AP or ticket number. Would not necessarily want just anyone to have that info, maybe ok for family or close friends only.

I think I answered this before, but there is minimal elevation change in the queue for both the regular and fp/das. You enter and exit the ride on the ground level.
Yes, you did answer that previously. I was wondering if there was anything else, like loud noises (especially unexpected loud noises) or bright lights or things like that which people might want to be prepared to expect. For example, in the IJA queue, anyone using DAS who is sensitive to dark and creepy atmosphere might want to be forewarned. The queue also can be very loud. Using DAS doesn't avoid any of that, so if sensitivity to that is a big issue, it would be better to have the information in advance. DAS issues can cover so many areas, so the more information people can have in advance (not spoilers, obviously), the easier it can be for them to plan their trips.
If anyone has used the DAS return line for ROTR at DL and feels that there was something in the line that might be an issue for others, please post!

I don’t know about the DAS queue at DL but one thing I noticed in the regular queue before the ride starts that I thought was a very nice and helpful touch - there are a few areas where people who need to can sit for a bit.

I don’t know about the DAS queue at DL but one thing I noticed in the regular queue before the ride starts that I thought was a very nice and helpful touch - there are a few areas where people who need to can sit for a bit.
I've read about that and agree that it is a nice touch. Given how often the ride could go down, it does help to know that there could be a place to rest for a few minutes.

i just read an article that said boarding groups are filling up at one minute. Is that true??????
that's insane. Basically a function of whether your phone is faster than mine.

i just read an article that said boarding groups are filling up at one minute. Is that true??????
that's insane. Basically a function of whether your phone is faster than mine.
Yes, it is true. Yes, it is insane - but probably so is any other process Disney might offer for a ride with much more demand than supply (e.g., 10 hour standby lines). No, it does not seem to be entirely a function of phone speed but that does seem to help.

:wizard:

How many people are sticking around that have a late bg return time?
I had a late boarding group at WDW. We left and went back to the hotel and headed back to the park when the BG was 15 spots away from ours. By the time we got back in the park and found the entrance to ROTR we had one more group until ours was called. I like that you can see the status of the boarding groups so you know you have time to go back to the hotel if your tired.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts