Rise of the Resistance BOARDING GROUPS Superthread Part 1 *No Ride Spoilers Please* *PLEASE READ POSTS 1-4*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Locals who come later would have 3 optiions.

1. Pick up a cancelled fastpass using Maxpass
2. Use the Single Rider line (which I am pretty sure RotR was designed to have, like MFSR
3. Get in the standby line

That is what late arriving locals do for other popular rides like RSR, Space Mountain, Indiana Jones, etc.

One day RoR will not be the bell of the ball; hard to imagine but it’s true. Example at WDW - before Mine Train opened for while Ariel has a huge wait. I remember when Dumbo was a huge deal and you had to hit it at rope drop. And Pooh has long lines - today it’s often walk on. Heck just today Disney adds Smuggler run to FP+ and all the sudden boom Slinky Dog ( the hardest FP at HS) becomes available. Look it’s an amazing ride and the BGs are at least consistent and do not reward anyone special. Day tickets have the same chance as VIPs and those staying at club level in WDW. It does require you to be there at park open but it is no mystery how it works.

Locals who come later would have 3 optiions.

1. Pick up a cancelled fastpass using Maxpass
2. Use the Single Rider line (which I am pretty sure RotR was designed to have, like MFSR
3. Get in the standby line

That is what late arriving locals do for other popular rides like RSR, Space Mountain, Indiana Jones, etc.

Rides like RSR, IDA, SM are different then ROTR. Those rides clock in at most 4 min (IJA)? They can cycle through a lot more riders in the time it takes for ROTR to complete one 'show'. This ride is low capacity in comparison to others in the park and park goers would still need to 'plan' their day around it.

If you're the ticket "owner" (person responsible for the tickets) you cannot delete them from the app but guest services can remove/make them able to be deleted. If you're not the "owner" you should have a delete ticket option in the My Tickets section of the DLR app. If all 3 people will be in the park it wouldn't hurt to just book a BG for all 3. If not you can scan the tickets for those who will be in the park onto a different Disneyland account.

I’m pretty sure I’m the ticket owner because we use my log in for the app. We have APs. We are going to Disneyland this weekend with my parents. I plan on adding them to my profile. My husband is only coming Saturday. Sunday is the day we are trying to get a BG for myself, two daughters, and my parents. Should I download the app on my dad’s phone and set him up with a login separate from mine and not link my husband’s AP since he won’t be with us when we try for ROTR????

People have stated this a lot about DLR being a 'locals' park. I wonder how true this is compared to the amount of locals to that park down the street or up in north of Hollywood being catered to more 'local'. There's a huge AP contingent, including myself who are frequent weekenders. But I'm fairly sure DLR gets its fair share of revenue from nonAP holders.

All this talk..

I’m not sure what else Disney can do to get the word out.

disney parks blog.
They have promoted the boarding groups for while.
They host “media” nights where all the instgramers and you tubers get to ask all the questions and then send out to their viewers..

it would be easy for Disney to not allow these folks to video in their parks, etc.. but they have found it helps them.

now as far and the boarding groups go.. if you just have a single day you do run the risk. Personally as a parent I’m not even going to tell my kids about this ride. Granted they are 8 and 4 so I do have some control. If your kids are older and they know about the ride then I would have that discussion before hand.

not too long ago,2017 we booked our first Disneyland vacation. Heck our first ever Disney vacation. My husband and I had never gone. Ever. And we booked for the days between Christmas and New Years. That’s how much we didn’t know.. lol

but I started googling, found this forum, found disneyland daily, and slowly began to read read read.

I will never understand those people who just show up! Heck most people do an insane amount of research these days before buying a crockpot off amazon!

I’m pretty sure I’m the ticket owner because we use my log in for the app. We have APs. We are going to Disneyland this weekend with my parents. I plan on adding them to my profile. My husband is only coming Saturday. Sunday is the day we are trying to get a BG for myself, two daughters, and my parents. Should I download the app on my dad’s phone and set him up with a login separate from mine and not link my husband’s AP since he won’t be with us when we try for ROTR????
If you cannot delete your husband’s AP on your account then I would set up an account, scan in all the tickets you want to get BGs for and log into it from as many phones as you can.

Rides like RSR, IDA, SM are different then ROTR. Those rides clock in at most 4 min (IJA)? They can cycle through a lot more riders in the time it takes for ROTR to complete one 'show'. This ride is low capacity in comparison to others in the park and park goers would still need to 'plan' their day around it.

Not really true.

Space Mtn: 1600 riders per hour
RSR: 1500 riders per hour
IJA: 1800 riders per hour

RoTR: hard to nail down an exact figure, but I've seen numbers ranging from 1250-2000 per hour

So, under normal operating mode, it's on par with the rest. This myth that it's a low capacity attraction needs to go away. It's only low capacity right now because it doesn't work properly yet.

But that's the thing about local AP holders if that's whom you're referring, we can always come back later, with a plan, and give it another shot.

Not who I am referring too. Or the people who frequent the boards or something similar.

After the cheering stops, you just have to walk around and see the guest faces that are still glued to their mobile devices hoping for a miracle. It is sad.

Then go see the lines and listen to the guests at a guest services booth or City Hall. Front line CMs I have spoken to have said how stressful this whole situation has made it for the guest and for them. The message and directions have not been clear enough.

They just want BGs to stop.

ME

Obviously the interest on the ride right now are through the roof. This will certainly decline over time, but the ride will be in the top 2-3 most popular rides in both DL & CA Adventure for years.

But I'm beginning to realize that the BG's is more a result of the fact the ride is so unbelievably unreliable, that a day doesn't go by that there isn't at least one significant breakdown. This is the problem. That reliability may not improve over time. It hasn't improved to any great degree in almost 2 months at WDW, or 1 week at DL. I see no way they can stop BG's unless that occurs.

Rocket Rods.

People have stated this a lot about DLR being a 'locals' park. I wonder how true this is compared to the amount of locals to that park down the street or up in north of Hollywood being catered to more 'local'. There's a huge AP contingent, including myself who are frequent weekenders. But I'm fairly sure DLR gets its fair share of revenue from nonAP holders.

All three of these parks are predominantly attended by locals, year round.

My family wants to try for RotR on an upcoming weekend. We have APs, and live about 45 minutes away from the park. We are trying to do a reality check on what time we'd actually need to be arriving at the parking structure in order to be *inside* DL before an 8:00am opening. We realize we need to factor in the time it takes just to get into the parking structure, wait for the tram, ride the tram, and scan at the turnstiles.

I realize mileage may vary, but what time do you think we'd need to be exiting the freeway (en route to the parking structure) in order to make this happen? We don't usually get there at rope drop, so I have no idea what the back up might be like. Any best guesses out there?

Here's my experience from this past Sunday. We also live approx. 45 minutes away and had never rope dropped before. (I actually specifically checked times as the morning went along so I could report back on the boarding groups thread.)

5:45 - woke up
6:11 - left home
6:57 - arrived at parking structure, which is already busy with cars (ended up parked on Level 5, Finding Nemo)
7:18 - got into security line (lines were long and at this point we were getting nervous and regretting not waking up at 5:30)
7:38 - boarded tram
The one time I forgot to check was when we got in line at the entrance. While the crowd wasn't awful at that point (tram guy had said they were back to DCA earlier), it was still busy and the lines seemed to be moving slowly. We had multiple groups in front of us who had to get their photos taken, or questions, etc. Again, we were really nervous at this point that we might just miss getting in by 8!
7:51 - scanned and in the park, whew! Got BG 74 and while we had a lot of delays, did finally ride. But it was definitely a little too close for comfort for us. Being opening weekend I have no idea how this compares to a usual Sunday, but next time we go and try for ROTR, we plan on leaving a little earlier just to be safe.

Pretty sure 115 is the last group today. Not too bad. I think DHS still beat them at 119.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200123-203748_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200123-203748_Chrome.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
We live 30 min away and got BG’s on Sat and Sunday. One benefit to leaving at zero-dark-thirty is that there isn’t much traffic!

Saturday (a DL EMH day): arrived Toy Story 6:10 am, in Esplanade at 6:40 am, gates opened to non-EMH guests at 6:45 am, and we were through the gates by 7:15.

On Sunday, we arrived to Toy Story at 6:45 am, gates opened at 7:15 am, and we were in the park around 7:30. We were nervous, but still fine.

So, parking/security/tram took about 30 min each time, and getting into the park took 20-30 min. I’d target a 5:30 departure, to allow a little wiggle room, and time to get in a good service spot and play with the app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!