Rise of the Resistance BOARDING GROUPS Superthread Part 1 *No Ride Spoilers Please* *PLEASE READ POSTS 1-4*

Status
Not open for further replies.
So where in the park does it seem that cell service is the best without going back through 75 pages? :) I have Verizon, and a Galaxy S8, will probably not use WIFI when there in March, any quick areas where speed seems to be better? I realize this is crowd dependent of course! Thanks!

So where in the park does it seem that cell service is the best without going back through 75 pages? :) I have Verizon, and a Galaxy S8, will probably not use WIFI when there in March, any quick areas where speed seems to be better? I realize this is crowd dependent of course! Thanks!
To my knowledge, no one has reported cell issues with Verizon. AT&T seems to be the problem child for some. I haven’t seen anything about Sprint.

Has there been much discussion about how to prioritize FastPass and ROTR Boarding Groups? I saw a snippet of a post where they said to immediately book a FP on maxpass when you scan in and then try for ROTR at park open, but I haven't seen much more than that. Thoughts? Speculations? We have 2 days in the parks and I want to be sure I'm headed with a plan! THANKS!

We have blue bayou fantasmic dining reservations @330. What happens if our boarding group is called near that reservation time? I can just see that happening etc.

Arrived at DL yesterday afternoon & wandered over to SWGE to chat with a couple of check-in CMs at RoTR re the BG process. For those with a BG, they suggested starting to head over approx 4-5 BG numbers before your BG if you want to be there when it is first called. After checkin, the line is approx 30 min before getting to the ride itself.

Will be trying for a BG today the first time, we shall see how it goes.

We have blue bayou fantasmic dining reservations @330. What happens if our boarding group is called near that reservation time? I can just see that happening etc.
Someone posted earlier they talked with the restaurant and were able to accommodate as needed around their BG time. I’d suggest monitoring the BGs being called to see whether there is potential for a conflict. With a 2-hour return window for most during the day, it may work out OK.

Someone posted earlier they talked with the restaurant and were able to accommodate as needed around their BG time. I’d suggest monitoring the BGs being called to see whether there is potential for a conflict. With a 2-hour return window for most during the day, it may work out OK.
Thank you. I do follow this board daily- but by the time I get home from the day as everyone knows there are a ton of updates to read through, I must have missed that one. Good to hear the restaurants sound accommodating. Exciting times.

You have 2 hours from when your boarding group is called, so even if you have an FP at the same time, you'll have plenty of time to do your FP ride and then join the boarding group. I would make your FP and then continue making them as you are allowed. Your BG shouldn't affect you too much. You can also follow along to see which BGs are being called. You'll get an idea of when yours will be called as it gets closer to your number.

We have Verizon and S10s and secured a BG at red rose Tavern and it sounded like many others did too. Good luck!!

Gates opened approx 7:25 am.

There seems to be no advantage for being in the park so early so I am wondering if you show up at 7:50 is there still lines outside and you might miss being in at 8 or if it makes sense to come a little later as long as you are in the park before the scheduled opening.

There seems to be no advantage for being in the park so early so I am wondering if you show up at 7:50 is there still lines outside and you might miss being in at 8 or if it makes sense to come a little later as long as you are in the park before the scheduled opening.
Hard to say. All depends on the crowds for the day

Most reports seem to be that you can roll up to the gate at 7:50 and still be in by 8. On busy days, security can be the bottleneck. And once you are in the park, it can take a minute or so for the system to update that you are actually in the park. And you might want to move to a different area of the park with less cell/data congestion.

I'd probably try and plan to be in line to enter the park by 7:30am just to keep the stress levels manageable. It's tough enough just trying to get a boarding pass. But I like to go early anyway.

To clarify, I don't need to purchase max pass prior to attempting to get a BG, correct? I can do that after I secure a BG?

*note: I'm not going til March so this might be useless info, but I'm super curious just in case this BG stuff is still going on in 6 weeks*

To clarify, I don't need to purchase max pass prior to attempting to get a BG, correct? I can do that after I secure a BG?

*note: I'm not going til March so this might be useless info, but I'm super curious just in case this BG stuff is still going on in 6 weeks*
Correct. You do not need max pass to get a BG. You can get it after you get a BG and it can be easily purchased from the app.

That is correct. You can get max pass before, after, or not at all and still get a BG.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!