Rise of the Resistance BOARDING GROUPS Superthread Part 1 *No Ride Spoilers Please* *PLEASE READ POSTS 1-4*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am confused...I’ve seen references to buttons being gray, blue, orange, and red. It would be so helpful if someone could post step by step (with screen shots) of what color button you are looking for depending on which way you are trying for a boarding group.

And on a related note, I don’t understand why there is more than one way to get a boarding group! Maybe I am just easily confused, lol.

I was following the WDW thread until the ride opened in DL, and have now been obsessively following this thread. Thank you to all who have helped and experienced the BG process! My trip isn't until mid-March and my anxiety level is so high (my family thinks I am crazy).

One thing that I don't think I've seen answered... I've watched a few of the videos out there of people attempting to get BGs, and sometimes the "Something went wrong" error message pops up. My questions:
- What is the correct thing to do when this happens? I see that you can either click the "x" or "refresh icon". I can't tell in the videos what people are doing to resolve this.
- Why is this error coming up? App glitch? Overloaded App? Maybe it's unknown, but it would be nice to know if it's something to do with my app not being current or user error.

I am confused...I’ve seen references to buttons being gray, blue, orange, and red. It would be so helpful if someone could post step by step (with screen shots) of what color button you are looking for depending on which way you are trying for a boarding group.

And on a related note, I don’t understand why there is more than one way to get a boarding group! Maybe I am just easily confused, lol.
Have you played along on the app when BGs go live? That’s probably the easiest way to see what people are talking about. You just click “find out more” under ROTR on the home page.

There are also quite a few videos on YouTube that show the process.

I was following the WDW thread until the ride opened in DL, and have now been obsessively following this thread. Thank you to all who have helped and experienced the BG process! My trip isn't until mid-March and my anxiety level is so high (my family thinks I am crazy).

One thing that I don't think I've seen answered... I've watched a few of the videos out there of people attempting to get BGs, and sometimes the "Something went wrong" error message pops up. My questions:
- What is the correct thing to do when this happens? I see that you can either click the "x" or "refresh icon". I can't tell in the videos what people are doing to resolve this.
- Why is this error coming up? App glitch? Overloaded App? Maybe it's unknown, but it would be nice to know if it's something to do with my app not being current or user error.
It’s usually not user error - make sure your app is updated, but otherwise, you’re at their mercy. Disney’s IT can be... sketchy.

I haven’t had this happen while trying for a BG, but usually you have to X out.

I have to say, the data at thrill-data.com is super interesting and I could look at it all day if I didn't have a real job to do...

Someone was saying that there has been no real improvement at DHS in the first 50 days. However, this chart definitely shows an upward trend in processing rates:

Yes, there are some low outliers where things went horribly sideways last week, but if you were to draw a trendline, typical groups per hour have nearly doubled since opening week. It's still a crapshoot as to if you're going to have a good, bad, or average day. But the good days definitely outnumber the bad in the last couple of weeks (10 days over 10g/h and 4 below).

Compare this with our West coast's first week in action:

We have not broken 10g/h yet, but we've only gone below 6 once and just barely. Our first week performance looks similar to DHS second week, just kissing 10 but not breaking it.

We shall watch these developments with great interest...

I have to say, the data at thrill-data.com is super interesting and I could look at it all day if I didn't have a real job to do...

Someone was saying that there has been no real improvement at DHS in the first 50 days. However, this chart definitely shows an upward trend in processing rates:
View attachment 467772

Yes, there are some low outliers where things went horribly sideways last week, but if you were to draw a trendline, typical groups per hour have nearly doubled since opening week. It's still a crapshoot as to if you're going to have a good, bad, or average day. But the good days definitely outnumber the bad in the last couple of weeks (10 days over 10g/h and 4 below).

Compare this with our West coast's first week in action:
View attachment 467775

We have not broken 10g/h yet, but we've only gone below 6 once and just barely. Our first week performance looks similar to DHS second week, just kissing 10 but not breaking it.

We shall watch these developments with great interest...
Data nerds, unite!

I have to say that I’ve really enjoyed your enthusiasm on this thread; you’ve added a lot to the conversation and have a nice, balanced outlook. ☺

Data nerds, unite!

I have to say that I’ve really enjoyed your enthusiasm on this thread; you’ve added a lot to the conversation and have a nice, balanced outlook. ☺

I am a data nerd too. Love looking at it and analyzing it. Guess it makes sense I am a reporting analyst (haha). I also love the chart showing the numbers for each day. I have ridden once on day 2, but feel so much more ready and prepared to try again!

Anyone have any experience with using xfinity mobile trying to get a bg? I've only seen people mention the big service providers, Verizon, Sprint, AT & T and T mobile.

Last edited:
Have you played along on the app when BGs go live? That’s probably the easiest way to see what people are talking about. You just click “find out more” under ROTR on the home page.

There are also quite a few videos on YouTube that show the process.
No, haven’t played along at home yet because I’m not a morning person (except at Disney of course) and I keep waking up too late. I will practice when I get closer to my visit.

Thanks so much for the YouTube suggestion, I don’t know why I didn’t think of that (duh). I think I understand now which buttons should be which color. (And I think some people are calling the same button red or orange depending on how they perceive it.)

No, haven’t played along at home yet because I’m not a morning person (except at Disney of course) and I keep waking up too late. I will practice when I get closer to my visit.

Thanks so much for the YouTube suggestion, I don’t know why I didn’t think of that (duh). I think I understand now which buttons should be which color. (And I think some people are calling the same button red or orange depending on how they perceive it.)
Glad you found something helpful - and yeah, I think red/orange are the same unless I’ve missed something!

How are people testing from home? Do you have an annual pass or something?

And don't you have to be inside the park to book a boarding group?
To be clear, you DO NOT have to have a ticket linked to your account to "play along" from home to see how the first several steps of trying to get a BG go. However, if you do not have tickets linked AND you have not scanned those tickets into DL for the day, you will not be able to complete the final step, booking an actual BG. You will be able to see if you would have gotten a real BG or a back up BG when playing from home (even without tickets) because the pop-up on the app to tell you that you are about to join a back up group comes before the final step where you would actually book a group.

Practicing from home can be helpful to see the steps and make it less stressful when you are actually there. It also lets you see how many other people's tickets you currently have linked to your account (you will see the list on the "Whoa, you can't book since you are not in the park" screen), in case you want to remove some of those people before your trip to save time of having to de-select them on the actual day you are booking.

You can practice twice a day actually because you can get up really early and practice on the WDW app, and then practice again a few hours later on the DLR app when they open (should anyone on these boards be really type A and think to do that...:rolleyes1:rolleyes1:rolleyes1).

How are people testing from home? Do you have an annual pass or something?

And don't you have to be inside the park to book a boarding group?

I don't have an AP and I've been able to try from home and get to the notice about not being in the park so I can't go any further.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!