Rise of the Resistance BOARDING GROUPS Superthread Part 1 *No Ride Spoilers Please* *PLEASE READ POSTS 1-4*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been seeing that light saber scene since last summer in the previews. I have a hard time seeing it as a spolier FWIW. Mods can decide.

In fact I would be really bummed if that scene was broken when I went on ROTR for the first time. Didn't know they could run the show without it so this post from @socaldisneylover actually prepared me better without being a spoiler (for me).

:wizard:

There are people on this board (like my husband and I) that have not seen any previews for the ride.

@socaldisneylover I think that’s definitely a spoiler. Please consider editing.

Fwiw, I definitely considered it a spoiler, had actually just been avoiding talking about that specific detail which did not work for us when I was viewing this thread and that popped up, so that was a bit of a bummer... we've never seen any advertising for the ride and my kids have been on the extreme end of avoiding any and all spoilers.

I have been seeing that (detail) since last summer in the previews. I have a hard time seeing it as a spolier FWIW. Mods can decide.

In fact I would be really bummed if that scene was broken when I went on ROTR for the first time. Didn't know they could run the show without it so this post from @socaldisneylover actually prepared me better without being a spoiler (for me).

That’s great for you, but not so great for the people who are actively avoiding all spoilers including previews.

Maybe if certain aspects are very important to discuss, you can do that in the spoiler thread instead?

It was SO GREAT to be able to do this attraction blind, having no idea what would happen, but still be able to prep with this thread. I would hate to see that ruined for others given that the thread is clearly labeled no spoilers.

I have a friend here in CO who is out there this weekend with his DW and DS13. He knows almost nothing about Disney but his DS13 loves Star Wars and they went specifically for SWGE and ROTR. I have been trying to coach him without overwhelming him on getting a BG, arriving early at DLR and all, to be inside the park at 8AM, etc. Today was his first day of three to get a BG. I was afraid for him that he would arrive late and/or just mess things up. :crazy2:

He just texted me that they got BG 28. :cool1:

Moral of the story? It is possible for someone with minimal knowledge on BGs but a few key pieces of advice to be successful. Saying this for everyone who is stressed out about getting a BG. Of course YMMV.

For some reason my PP got more "likes" than I think I have ever gotten! I think folks on this thread are nervous and this post was re-assuring.

I have not wanted to bother my friend while he was on this trip, so have refrained from asking him about the experience other than he got his BG on Friday. Today I heard back from him with a bunch of texts so now I know a lot more about his weekend.

First, his DLR dates were Friday-Sunday/today. A busy, kind of double-holiday weekend (Valentine's Day and Presidents Day). So YMMV.

Second, he and his DS13 were blown away by ROTR. He said all the hassle was worth it. Which is a lot coming from a non-Disney fan.

Third, Even though he is not a big Disney fan, he did believe me enough to arrive early at security 6:45AM. He did that Friday. That is the PP above. Saturday they had MM and I told him if he wanted to do MM he should try to arrive at 6:45AM at the very latest. For me I would shoot for 6:15-6:30 for MM but I thought was a stretch for him and his pregnant DW. Plus he was there Friday and could see things for himself before deciding on MM. He said they did not make it there until 7:10 yesterday (MM was at 7AM) and did not get inside DL until 8:15AM. :scared1: Not sure if he had planned to try for BGs again on Day 2 or not, but he was too late.

We are going in 3 more weekends for my first crack at ROTR (two mornings so two chances) and he told me it was crazy getting into the parks - and that my 6:45AM (to security) advice was spot on. He emphasized I needed to be there at 6:45AM myself! Now he is giving me advice LOL! :thumbsup2

That’s great for you, but not so great for the people who are actively avoiding all spoilers including previews.

Maybe if certain aspects are very important to discuss, you can do that in the spoiler thread instead?

It was SO GREAT to be able to do this attraction blind, having no idea what would happen, but still be able to prep with this thread. I would hate to see that ruined for others given that the thread is clearly labeled no spoilers.
Sorry! I edited my post responding to the PP by @socaldisneylover. :blush:

I will add that I make a distinction on spoilers that are not advertised and those that are. This has been all over the place online, on TV (IIR) and I also saw it at D23 Expo in August. But I had seen it way before that too like early in 2019.

But I totally understand where you are coming from and took appropriate action. :thumbsup2

What is this line split at the planter that everyone keeps talking about please

Some entry lines are located behind planters, so the planter doesn’t allow an actual line to form behind it. So the line next to the line behind the planter feeds both the lines. So two entry points for one line. Hopefully that makes sense.

Some entry lines are located behind planters, so the planter doesn’t allow an actual line to form behind it. So the line next to the line behind the planter feeds both the lines. So two entry points for one line. Hopefully that makes sense.
Are these in the middle of the gate area? I may have to Google satellite the esplanade.

Are these in the middle of the gate area? I may have to Google satellite the esplanade.
Yes. I believe it is lines 13 (on the right) and 18 (on the left) that have splits because of the planters.

I usually shoot for one of those unless the lines are really short.

ETA - this link may help if you change the background layer to satellite. But the trees obscure the planters. Well, the trees are in the planters!

http://wikimapia.org/#lang=en&lat=33.809212&lon=-117.918813&z=19

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!