Rise of the Resistance BOARDING GROUPS Superthread Part 1 *No Ride Spoilers Please* *PLEASE READ POSTS 1-4*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Well, it's been limping along with 10 groups in the last two hours. Hopefully it is going to get some traction soon. At the same time it has already beat two of the four past Sundays and is trending well above the abysmal average.

Last edited:

Looks like we're back on the dewback and loading at a good clip again (10 groups in the last half hour). If they can repeat this morning's performance they will have shown Sunday who is boss.

These pics might help. I took them in the early evening a few weeks ago though, so it doesn’t show the actual split but you can imagine people moving into those gates in front of the trees.

View attachment 474376View attachment 474377

this is how we made it into the park on time a few Sundays ago. We got so lucky that our “line” ended up splitting into two lines because of these planters!

as i’m walking around the parks and overhearing people discuss RotR, it really shows that a majority of the population has no clue how these BG work. “Ugh i do NOT want to get up that early” ... “why can’t we just show up?”
When I was walking around yesterday I heard a little girl ask her parents why they couldn't go on the new ride. Her mom said "I don't want to pay extra for a Boarding Group" :sad2:

When I was walking around yesterday I heard a little girl ask her parents why they couldn't go on the new ride. Her mom said "I don't want to pay extra for a Boarding Group" :sad2:

She was probably just lying to her kid. Sometimes it's the easiest way out of things when you don't want the hassle of explaining the truth. Honestly, I kinda lied about it to my kids...I told them we had to enter a contest and win in order to ride. Maybe that mom doesn't want to deal with the hassle of waking her kid up early and deal with all the stress.

as i’m walking around the parks and overhearing people discuss RotR, it really shows that a majority of the population has no clue how these BG work. “Ugh i do NOT want to get up that early” ... “why can’t we just show up?”

To me, that to me sounds like they do understand how the boarding groups work. My understanding is that you have to be in Disneyland Park at rope drop to claim a boarding pass because they all get claimed within about 15 minutes of the park opening. If I am wrong can someone please correct me on this, especially since I have a trip coming up soon.

She was probably just lying to her kid. Sometimes it's the easiest way out of things when you don't want the hassle of explaining the truth. Honestly, I kinda lied about it to my kids...I told them we had to enter a contest and win in order to ride. Maybe that mom doesn't want to deal with the hassle of waking her kid up early and deal with all the stress.
I knew of someone who told her kids that you had to have a special license to drive the “car cart” at the grocery store and she didn’t have one 🤣🤣 I stand by harmless but useful lies as a legitimate parenting strategy, lol.

I’m so bummed. The trip organizer for my trip this week (I’m a chaperone for DDs theatre group) doesn’t have us scheduled to get into the parks before park opening so I won’t have a chance at getting a boarding group unless things change. Oh well just means I have to plan another trip where we can do our own schedule 😜

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!