Rise of the Resistance experience *Ride Spoilers* (Photos on Pg. 5)

This isn't really a spoiler, but thought I'd post it here instead of the other thread just in case...

On the boarding groups thread, I've noticed a few mentions of the ride going down supposedly due to a patron having their phone out when they weren't supposed to, and dropping it on the track. That got me to thinking, however, that I don't recall ever being told to put phones away. (Though I think one storm trooper may have said something in character to a person recording. But he didn't tell them to put the phone away. If anything, I saw people in my own vehicle and the other near us with cameras out recording during the whole ride. Just curious if anyone had a different experience? I can believe someone may have accidentally dropped their phone, but doesn't seem like it was against the rules to have it out in the first place.

This isn't really a spoiler, but thought I'd post it here instead of the other thread just in case...

On the boarding groups thread, I've noticed a few mentions of the ride going down supposedly due to a patron having their phone out when they weren't supposed to, and dropping it on the track. That got me to thinking, however, that I don't recall ever being told to put phones away. (Though I think one storm trooper may have said something in character to a person recording. But he didn't tell them to put the phone away. If anything, I saw people in my own vehicle and the other near us with cameras out recording during the whole ride. Just curious if anyone had a different experience? I can believe someone may have accidentally dropped their phone, but doesn't seem like it was against the rules to have it out in the first place.
You are allowed to take photos and video. No announcement and as of today I’ve ridden 5 times between DHS and Disneyland and have never been told no photos/video.

Optimal is 1800/hr. DHS is running between 1200-1400/hr right now. Disneyland is only running at 700/hr as of this past weekend. Only one interrogation room on each side were in use at Disneyland Saturday morning.
That makes a lot of sense. As the system become more efficient and the CMs become more adept, then additional rooms can come on line and the throughput can go up.

Has anyone reported of any major animatronics or show rooms being skipped at Disneyland like they were at DHS last week? Just curious... I rode it twice at DHS (once on opening day and once the day after), looking forward to my Disneyland trip on Feb 1!

Has anyone reported of any major animatronics or show rooms being skipped at Disneyland like they were at DHS last week? Just curious... I rode it twice at DHS (once on opening day and once the day after), looking forward to my Disneyland trip on Feb 1!
When there is an animatronic malfunction, there’s a “Plan B” that runs. It’s similar to how the FoP Shaman gets subbed out for a video. So, an RotR rider would have to know the original version to recognize the Plan B version.

When we rode at Studios, Kylo was really jerky but because it was the only time we had ridden, we didn’t know something was wrong, we just thought it was really bad animation.

Did ROTR at Disney world this afternoon, it was pretty cool! My friend liked it too, but she is much more into the old star wars movies, and isn't a fan of Kylo Ren being the main villain.

Some don't want any hint of spoilers so unless someone has watched a video or something they wouldn't know if they had missed part of the ride. They were skipping parts at DHS yesterday but not everyone knew. They didn't do it all day-some got the full ride but they definitely did it because I saw comments on the DHS thread and twitter. The backup B-mode stuff doesn't seem to bother people (like when an animatronic isn't working) but skipping all the preshow and transport ship gets people mad. If someone doesn't want to watch video or read descriptions before riding they should watch a POV video right after riding to see if they got the full ride.

I did the ride yesterday at DW and took a lot of videos and pics. They don't care. I took pics on the ride too, but just held onto my phone, like I do on other rides

I'm curious if anyone else thinks about this like I do.
I kept trying to think of a way to describe it this weekend and I kept going back to saying it's a combination of POTC, HM and Star Tours.

It's got the size and scale that previously was found only in POTC.
It's broken up into multiple experiences like HM is (both are broken up similarly. Outside queue, then preshow / first ride element, then indoor queue with more show elements, then the final ride)
The Star Tours parallels are pretty obvious.

To say I was impressed would be an understatement. I never thought I'd enjoy something as much as my sentimental favorites.

I'm curious if anyone else thinks about this like I do.
I kept trying to think of a way to describe it this weekend and I kept going back to saying it's a combination of POTC, HM and Star Tours.

It's got the size and scale that previously was found only in POTC.
It's broken up into multiple experiences like HM is (both are broken up similarly. Outside queue, then preshow / first ride element, then indoor queue with more show elements, then the final ride)
The Star Tours parallels are pretty obvious.

To say I was impressed would be an understatement. I never thought I'd enjoy something as much as my sentimental favorites.
I feel like it's a mix between HM, with the preshow element. Then the transformers ride from Universal Studios Hollywood where you ride around. I think MFSR resembles star tours more than ROTR does.

My family was able to ride today. Seriously such an amazing attraction! I knew overall what to expect but hadn’t watched any ride-through videos. My husband and 8-year-old son had absolutely no expectations going into it.

I was really impressed by how immersive the whole experience was. My son was completely wrapped up in the whole experience. I think for a kid, this attraction just feels so much more real than anything else they’ve ever ridden. My son didn’t have any issues with being scared, but a girl who looked to be about 7 or 8 was bawling and terrified after we boarded the star destroyer. She kept asking her mom what was going to happen to us. I can imagine that for a child who is sensitive to scary scenes in movies etc. that this might be a frightening ride for them.

The castmembers really enhanced our experience as well. They were so in character, but I never felt like they were too imposing or scary. When we were in the room before the interrogation scene, I told my son that maybe the first order officers would let us off easy since we had a first order droid with us (he had just built on in the depot). The castmember turned to me and commented that there would be no favor gained by us since we were clearly resistance and no droid could help us. I loved how much they were interacting with the guests in totally spontaneous ways. It was great!

My littlest rode it once and due to the CMs being so in character, she started crying the second time while we were in line. I chalk it up to being overly tired and already scared of the storm troopers from the market. I exited and told a CM what had happened and we were given a FP for myself and my other two kids. The CMs were so nice and understanding. They stayed in character and told her next year she would be old enough to join the resistance. It was so amazing to just be able to walk directly into the first experience of the ride. My kids thought they were the luckiest kids ever being able to ride it twice in one day. They were even thanking my littlest for getting scared 😂 My husband was messing with the lighted buttons in the hallway and was told off by a CM. I really loved that the CMs stayed in character so well.

Last edited:
We rode today.... it was myself, my mom, and my dad. We were going to attempt to do rider swap, but my husband has a plane to catch and he was nervous about being late. My younger daughter is turning into a Star Wars freak like me, but unfortunately she is 1” too short. My older daughter and I were on the way to rider swap, but she was starting to get extremely anxious and I felt the best thing to do was to leave the line. She has a lot of problems when she doesn’t know what is going to happen... she gets very anxious. So I think I may show her some videos before we attempt to ride again.

My parents and I loved it. However, we have read grown men get off crying, and we definitely didn’t have that reaction. We loved how immersive it was, and I think my favorite part were the AT walkers. They were amazing. That being said, I’m glad it’s done and I don’t have to stress about the BG process anytime soon. I have a feeling I will grow to appreciate this ride the more times I ride.... I think I was so stressed about the BG process and then worrying it was going to break while we were on it, that I couldn’t completely relax. We’ve decided we are going to wait and ride once the almost four year old grows and now inch. She’s sooooo close. This way we can experience it as a family.

The drop is nothing. I get anxious just thinking about ToT or GOTG, even though I love those rides, and this little drop was just plain fun.

I think I was so stressed about the BG process and then worrying it was going to break while we were on it, that I couldn’t completely relax. We’ve decided we are going to wait and ride once the almost four year old grows and now inch. She’s sooooo close. This way we can experience it as a family.
Another reason why I'll wait a little bit to ride this ride. It doesn't run reliably. Maybe I'm just scarred from WDW. But we had an early boarding group and couldn't ride until 3 hours after we were called because it was down so much. Now today at DL it looks like it's been down for hours, despite running well other days.

Rode for the first time today. Wow... just WOW!!! I had a stupid grin on my face the entire time, it was just so far beyond my greatest expectations (having largely avoided any spoilers or information period about the ride). It was totally worth all the effort to get there and get a boarding group, although now if we try again in the future and don’t get a boarding group I will be super disappointed. There are many details, I can’t wait to ride again and try to take it all in again!

It’s funny to see how many people compare the drop to Pirates because to me it was 100% GotG.... both the lift up and the drop felt like Guardians, although much less intense and briefer (luckily for me because I can’t handle Guardians!).

My 5-year-old did great and the only part that got to him was that final drop sequence and the bit of motion simulator there. He was scared and clutching on to me for dear life, but luckily that part is brief and at the end. He loved it other than that and said it was FUN and also that he felt like he was in a movie. He also said he wants to ride again despite that little hiccup with the drop so we’ll see if that happens next time we get a chance to ride.

It’s funny to see how many people compare the drop to Pirates because to me it was 100% GotG.... both the lift up and the drop felt like Guardians, although much less intense and briefer (luckily for me because I can’t handle Guardians!).

I agree. Feels more GotG style to me too and probably just on the edge of what I can handle. I was one and done with Guardians. Fortunately Guardians only left me feeling sick for around 30 minutes or so afterwards, and even more fortunately for me the drop on Rise is brief enough that it doesn't trigger the brief but almost migraine-like headache and nausea that Guardians gave me. Still Rise is so good that I might have been willing to re-ride even if it gave me some of those sick feelings.

Rode for the first time today. Wow... just WOW!!! I had a stupid grin on my face the entire time, it was just so far beyond my greatest expectations (having largely avoided any spoilers or information period about the ride). It was totally worth all the effort to get there and get a boarding group, although now if we try again in the future and don’t get a boarding group I will be super disappointed. There are many details, I can’t wait to ride again and try to take it all in again!

My 5-year-old did great and the only part that got to him was that final drop sequence and the bit of motion simulator there. He was scared and clutching on to me for dear life, but luckily that part is brief and at the end. He loved it other than that and said it was FUN and also that he felt like he was in a movie. He also said he wants to ride again despite that little hiccup with the drop so we’ll see if that happens next time we get a chance to ride.
I also rode it yesterday. It was so fun and I was also grinning like a kid the whole time!

The drop is definitely reminiscent of GOTG, but much less intense. All 4 of my party said it was amazing and the best ride ever.

The lightsabre coming through the roof effect was inoperable on my side today. It was already there and unlit.
Interesting. When we rode opening day, the Kylo animatronic next to General Hux didn’t move - I assume he’s supposed to because Hux was moving. Beyond that, I didn’t know what to expect from the ride, so I’d have no way to know if we missed stuff.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter