Rise of the Resistance experience *Ride Spoilers* (Photos on Pg. 5)

I honestly don't know how people can be disappointed.

I was expecting a more fun ride like Radiator Springs Racers just as one example, as well as something slightly more bombastic that I'd never seen before like moving AT-AT walkers, just from all the raves I heard as well as feeling disappointed that I couldn't just hang out and explore and interact more - that would've been amazing! I had really high expectations I guess and then it just seemed like a larger scale fantasy land dark ride. Once I'd already been through and lowered my expectations I definitely enjoyed it more but ultimately I just have more fun with an actual ride or even music... listening to Rey or the other "characters" just bored me, even the interaction in MFSR feels more exciting to me, the in character cms were great though.

I've ridden about 5 times now. LOVED it every time! The scale and feeling of being part of the story is amazing. I'm still intimidated by the First Order minions after exiting the shuttle. There was just one issue on this morning's ride. The screen was pausing and jerky where the big guns are shooting. I know some have said it, but I honestly don't know how people can be disappointed.
My friend wasn't necessarily disappointed with the ride, she just thought there was so much and it was a little long. She loved all of the cool effects, the CM's, etc. But with so much happening, I will admit you can feel rushed. Plus she too is not a fan of Kylo Ren as a villain, so him being the main villain of the ride was a downer for her.

We're taking our two boys (12 and 9) to experience SWGE later this year and we want to get them excited so we're going to show them some preview videos. But obviously we don't want to give away too many surprises. So does this official Disney commercial contain too many ROTR spoilers? Will it diminish their enjoyment of the ride - or is it a good tease? Thanks in advance for your opinions.

Last edited:
We're taking our two boys (12 and 9) to experience SWGE later this year and we want to get them excited so we're going to show them some preview videos. But obviously we don't want to give away too many surprises. So does this official Disney commercial contain too many ROTR spoilers??:

Will it diminish their enjoyment of the ride - or is it a good tease? Thanks in advance for your opinions.
I’m super spoiler sensitive, but I think that’s too spoilery. anything that reveals the ride is probably okay, but to I wouldn’t want the preride spoiled.

We're taking our two boys (12 and 9) to experience SWGE later this year and we want to get them excited so we're going to show them some preview videos. But obviously we don't want to give away too many surprises. So does this official Disney commercial contain too many ROTR spoilers??:

Will it diminish their enjoyment of the ride - or is it a good tease? Thanks in advance for your opinions.
Honestly I avoided as much as I could in terms of spoilers and my son (5) saw nothing prior to riding. It was AMAZING. I highly recommended going in blind. If your boys like Star Wars that’s all they need to know. My son was blown away.

So we rode this morning and the light sabre portion was functioning on B mode.

The lightsabre coming through the roof effect was inoperable on my side today. It was already there and unlit.

They had a replacement panel there with no light sabre sticking through. If you didn't know to expect it, you wouldn't have missed it.

So we rode this morning and the light sabre portion was functioning on B mode.

They had a replacement panel there with no light sabre sticking through. If you didn't know to expect it, you wouldn't have missed it.
I was on in group 27 so around 10 am. Light saber not working as well as the big guns shooting were not moving forward and back. If you didn’t look for it or know about it you wouldn’t notice anything was not working.

I was on in group 27 so around 10 am. Light saber not working as well as the big guns shooting were not moving forward and back. If you didn’t look for it or know about it you wouldn’t notice anything was not working.

We were Group 14, but I had made us a 9:10 reservation at Carnation, so we had already ordered and were sipping our coffee when our group was called. We actually went into the pre-show at 10:17, and you're right the big guns were not going back and forth. I missed that part cause I was focused on not getting the light saber.

We had two of our friends with us, not huge SW fans, but like it enough to want to ride, and brave the craziness. I was disappointed for them, but they still thought it was amazing. One of them may have hollered an expletive when the drop happened! 😂

I guess I have been lucky to get everything working on the 6 times I rode this past month. The very first time I was on the ride it broke down right after BB-8 and Rey projection, so maybe I am not 6 for 6, but they did give us a fastness to get back on.

Oops. I put my daughter on my shoulders so she could see bb8 and rey. Within 5 seconds she gets really excited “I see myself!” And completely shattered the mirror illusion for anyone who heard her.

Just back from a 4 day trip. Rode 3 of the 4 days (BG5, 8, and 57). On the last day, we got through the room with Rey and then when the doors opened... there were still people (guests) outside the "transport." We got walked out and given ME passes at that point. We were able to come back about an hour later and go through what will eventually be the FP return area.

IT WAS AMAZING. I read nothing about it beforehand so I was completely surprised by the whole thing. I cannot wait to bring my husband and kids (13, 14, 15) back in June.

The only thing I thought was possibly not working was one of the large cannons not moving back and forth... but then I am not sure whether all of them do, all the time (I thought it might be randomized).

I think it's the most immersive thing and it's an "experience" more than an "attraction."

I did have to warn my youngest, who HATES ToT and refuses to ever go on it again, that there is a small drop. But he is still game to try it so that's good.

I have to compliment Disney with their design of this ride.
I am a paraplegic and cannot stand. I can get into most rides by either transferring sideways or getting on the ground and then getting into the vehicle.
The vehicles on this ride were really well designed. The side panel next to the seats in the front row slides back, allowing me to do easily transfer into the vehicle.
THANK YOU DISNEY!!!

Just thought I'd share my thoughts and experience since I think I am the only person to have ridden that was actually disappointed, ha! Of course it's amazing in so many ways, but it just doesn't quite work for me... one of my biggest disappointments though is I thought from what I saw on the front page and app of Disneyland that the AT-AT walkers moved and was dying to know how they managed that and how that would look, so when I saw statues I realized my expectations of the whole thing were not going to be met. Overall I felt like the experience reminded me of one of those Universal Studios rides I went on 20 years ago. I disliked having to just keep moving forward through everything... I said to my kids that it felt to me like going to the Exploratorium (which we love!) without being allowed to touch anything... 'look at all this amazing stuff, now keep moving along folks'.

I cannot imagine being a major Star Wars fan especially of the recent movies and not absolutely loving the whole experience, but I am not a Star Wars fan and while I can somewhat get into most characters from the first six movies I just felt especially not interested in the recent characters, except for maybe Finn, Kylo Ren especially just feels like a weak character to me, I would've felt much more intimidated and invested if it had been Darth Vader instead (the costume is creepier along with the sinister breathing and of course James Earl Jones sounds infinitely more imposing than Adam Driver).

I did not like standing in the transport, except of course it was nice to be able to walk around, but it was a bit like trying to get to the bathroom during heavy turbulence on an airplane... I love all the motion simulator rides, but I just did not enjoy that experience standing.

The Rey projection in person really looked like a projection, I was disappointed in that because I was expecting more of a hologram effect.

The First Order cast were all awesome, I wish there was more of that and more live interaction rather than just being passed from one animatronic/projection to another. In the back of the prison cell I pushed all the buttons and turned all the dials so at first I thought I caused the General to come out and that was pretty exciting but then since I was way back there I missed most of the cutting of the opening which looked amazing from what I did see, however on our second ride I was right by it when it happened and unfortunately that one we were in did not look anywhere near as impressive so I'm not sure if something was off with it (had a lot of other elements that were not working for our second ride) or it just actually looks better from further away.

All the twists and turns in the ride vehicles were very, very smooth, it wasn’t at all like Toy Story Midway Mania which I find very jerky and it wasn’t really like a ride experience at all like something like Luigi’s so it wasn’t an issue for my husband who gets nauseous from that, but I was also kind of disappointed by that because I guess I was expecting more of a ride element at some point, even the “drop” was more like going down in an fast elevator in a tall building to me (which actually does turn my stomach a bit, unlike frog hopper rides or guardians of the galaxy which I love and don’t bother me), even though the subtleness of it gets to me a tiny bit it’s definitely not enough to factor into any decision to ride or not, I really have a hard time imagining anyone would be bothered by any of the motion elements… I get carsick all the time and my husband can’t handle any spin rides including carousels and we were both fine on this.

After experiencing this ride it just made me all the more disappointed in Oga’s actually, RotR was more along the lines of what I was expecting from the Cantina with the whole atmosphere and CMs getting into character… my husband felt the same way only regarding Trader Sam’s and wishing Oga’s was more like that, heh.

Ultimately it’s definitely a ride I would put on my priority list for when I visit Disneyland but it was just not the amazing experience I was hoping for. I think I would rather have more of a real ride and have some elements of the ride as it is now as an interactive walk through experience you can enjoy at your leisure. I just felt too much like there was all this stuff I wanted to explore and interact and engage with that I had to just pass through because it’s a ‘ride’ but the ride element wasn’t enough of an actual fun ride to take away from the other stuff. I did dilly dally as much as possible to get the most enjoyment out of everything I could (I think? Those first order cms were intimidating, which was great!) which unfortunately at one point resulted in some other guests taking our spot in the front row of a vehicle (or maybe they really didn’t remember their color, but it seemed awfully suspicious)

My 24yo daughter who is also not a major Star Wars fan (we are more into Star Trek) went in December to the Disney World one and said it was her favorite ride ever and she absolutely loved it to the point that my rather ‘meh’ response to it has caused her to have a bit of an existential crisis!

I'm definitely a big fan of the Sequel Trilogy characters, especially Kylo Ren and I love Adam Driver, and I always am tickled when people say Darth Vader is more imposing/better costumed/etc. I find Vader's mask incredibly goofy and always have (love Kylo's mask design); sure, he showed no actual emotions until he turned in RoTJ, so people interpret him as a better villain (spoiler alert: the child of two of your heroes being a villain is wish-washy in the first place, by design).

Not trying to attack you here, just sharing my thoughts; to each his own. I loved the ride, maybe even more the second time I did it.

After reading this thread, I didn't notice any "B" mode aspects either time I rode, but who knows.

So much going on throughout-until you ride 10 or more times it might be hard to notice something not working unless it is one of the biggies like the light saber or the guns. It took me to the third ride through to see Finn below the At-At's because I was always looking up.

There was a video posted on Twitter of the space battle in the gun room glitching in stop animation style - not really a "B" mode and more of a straight up malfunction, but I guess add to the list of things you might see that can be off.

So much going on throughout-until you ride 10 or more times it might be hard to notice something not working unless it is one of the biggies like the light saber or the guns. It took me to the third ride through to see Finn below the At-At's because I was always looking up.

I didn't catch him until the second ride myself!

I noticed Finn below the At-At's, but my friend almost missed him. I had to point him out. There's just so much going on at once.

Finn was the one part of the ride I wasn’t impressed with. (on the car that goes to the left, the car that goes to the right he is fine)

I actually didn’t recognize him as Finn the first time, I thought it was an alien at first glance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter