Rise of The Resistance Opening?

I'm hearing something to the effect of Rise of the Resistance getting delayed. Essentially, the ride's still a mess that needs work, but they're holding off any announcement for fear of damaging bookings. Have you guys heard this at all? What do you guys think?
No. It's certainly possible, especially since they've had known issues, but I haven't seen any chatter about this. Expect it to open on time unless a very good source says otherwise.

I'm hearing something to the effect of Rise of the Resistance getting delayed. Essentially, the ride's still a mess that needs work, but they're holding off any announcement for fear of damaging bookings. Have you guys heard this at all? What do you guys think?

I understood it that they knew of the issues and we're dealing with them when they announced the opening dates. After the Rivers of Light fiasco I struggle to think they would announce those dates unless they felt confident they could meet it

Obviously anything is possible and perhaps new issues have come up, but this is first I am hearing if true

I understood it that they knew of the issues and we're dealing with them when they announced the opening dates. After the Rivers of Light fiasco I struggle to think they would announce those dates unless they felt confident they could meet it

Obviously anything is possible and perhaps new issues have come up, but this is first I am hearing if true
It could've been that they needed to increase confidence in the land after Disneyland's middling performance, so they announced opening dates to entice people to go.

Or just plain hubris.

It could've been that they needed to increase confidence in the land after Disneyland's middling performance, so they announced opening dates to entice people to go.

Or just plain hubris.

Certainly possible - though holiday time is usually already busy so would think they wouldn't need to press crowds for then and would have gone for a slower time ... But maybe trying to boot attendance before quarter end

Yep I’ve heard it’s still having issues beyond what was expected. I was just hoping who told me was wrong.

Yes and what I heard (not read).

The RF transmitters in the floor were not consistently able to maintain a connection with the ride vehicles. The floors at DL's version was already laid in place when this rumored issue raised it's ugly head. HS version didn't have the floor completed and the engineering teams are able to address more easily, hence the reason for the shift from HS surpassing DL.

Yes and what I heard (not read).

The RF transmitters in the floor were not consistently able to maintain a connection with the ride vehicles. The floors at DL's version was already laid in place when this rumored issue raised it's ugly head. HS version didn't have the floor completed and the engineering teams are able to address more easily, hence the reason for the shift from HS surpassing DL.

That is the issues I heard about but that was from a while ago before they announced the opening dates - so unless they thought they had it fixed and now something else has come up I would think any delay would be from a new problem

That is the issues I heard about but that was from a while ago before they announced the opening dates - so unless they thought they had it fixed and now something else has come up I would think any delay would be from a new problem

Not necessarily. Perhaps they got the timelines from the team to make the necessary fix(es) and injected it into a schedule to project an opening date, but now realize they are falling behind. Hopefully, the team added a heavy, heavy, heavy schedule buffer to account for troubleshooting and any necessary corrections.

So IF it's true, is it going to be like how Hagrid's was at Universal and break down all the time, and have a delayed opening each day so the engineers can work it

The source of the chatter of the RotR opening delay is:
https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/rise-of-the-resistance-thread.954046/page-49#post-8882162
Based on what I am reading in that thread, there is the possibility of a delay, but there is a lot of pressure to open in December. I don't have any insider knowledge, so just relaying what I read from this poster that seems to have someone that knows how construction is going.
I think the biggest mistake would be to open it before it's really ready.

Agreed. I would rather have them delay it than have the frustration of being down for hours.

So IF it's true, is it going to be like how Hagrid's was at Universal and break down all the time, and have a delayed opening each day so the engineers can work it
I think the biggest mistake would be to open it before it's really ready.
Agreed. I would rather have them delay it than have the frustration of being down for hours.

Reminds DH and me of Test Track. Opening was delayed for a year or more, and when it finally did open, our memory is that it was down as much as it was open.

I agree with a lot of the people on here. Once you release an opening date, there is no going back.
Yep. People will forgive a slip past an opening window, even an opening month. But they’ve announced a day, people are now planning heavily around it, missing the date would be a big issue.

Based on how HagRide has gone if I were Disney and there were any operational issues, I would have a reservation system just for the ride and cap it at no more than 1/2 capacity just to make sure that there is fluff time to work any issues while still having guests ride it. That way Disney isnt going back on the opening date but also allowing themselves room to work the problem. Also forces people to "only" get one ride for their visit so that everyone gets a chance to ride it.

Yeah, I'll echo sentiments about Hagride (love this abbreviation) - while it's certainly annoying that folks have been facing hours-long waits, and the ride has delayed openings and early closings, people still LOVE it. Seems like the operational issues aren't marring their experience, and I'd hope something similar would happen with RoTR.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter