Rise of the Resistance...ride discussion (spoilers)

What happens when it is in "B" mode?
I rode in December- and only remember 2 ride vehicles- Transport, and the main thing...

I think you should've said something like, "I'll tell you the location as long as you exterminate the rest of the group! I don't need anyone telling the Rebels I was the snitch!"

When we went, the First Order officer was asking the first person in the group what color they were standing on. We were on yellow/gold. He didn't ask us, but I whispered to my daughter to tell him it looks green to her. He also yelled at a kid for leaning on the wall instead of standing on the colored dot and facing forward. I pushed my daughter off the dot, but the officer didn't notice.

Things to do next time...

I’ve wondered this too! Could be fun to claim to be a spy for the First Order too...esp if you brought credentials with you.

I’ve wondered this too! Could be fun to claim to be a spy for the First Order too...esp if you brought credentials with you.
I'm also curious about this. I'll be Batuu-Bounding and I'd love to have some character interaction, both on & off the ride. I guess it's because I'm one of those childless millennials but I can never get any of the characters in SWGE to talk to me. When I rode ROTR (this was on opening day so idk if it's changed) before we entered the first room with the hologram, a CM was calling out things like "Anyone have any intel?". I wondered if that's something that'll be added once the Starcruiser hotel opens, like those guests will be given side quests or something (I have insanely high hopes for this hotel) or if I could come up with something clever to say there, or if they don't do that anymore.

Any tips for interacting with CMs in Batuu? Do they still do those secret phrases (they posted them online when SWGE first opened) that indicate if you're in the resistance ("Ignite the spark!")/first order ("for the order")?

I'm also curious about this. I'll be Batuu-Bounding and I'd love to have some character interaction, both on & off the ride. I guess it's because I'm one of those childless millennials but I can never get any of the characters in SWGE to talk to me. When I rode ROTR (this was on opening day so idk if it's changed) before we entered the first room with the hologram, a CM was calling out things like "Anyone have any intel?". I wondered if that's something that'll be added once the Starcruiser hotel opens, like those guests will be given side quests or something (I have insanely high hopes for this hotel) or if I could come up with something clever to say there, or if they don't do that anymore.

Any tips for interacting with CMs in Batuu? Do they still do those secret phrases (they posted them online when SWGE first opened) that indicate if you're in the resistance ("Ignite the spark!")/first order ("for the order")?
with Batuuans you can always ask them where they are from, they have to be from Galma, Peka or Surabat. They have a backstory at each of these locations. You can also ask them what they think of Oga, she's like the overlord of BSO so most will have a strong opinion about her,
I was live streaming the other day and the First Order Officer saw that and started talking to me about having my datapad out and he went to leave and I shouted "Ignite the Spark" he stopped dead in his tracks and yelled at me for a good five minutes, talking about the futile point of the Resistance and how foolish Ackbar was trying to skip lightspeed :D man, I loved that so much
Vi is always fun to encounter cause not a lot of people know about her, so I have had long conversations about keeping things on the down lo and helping the Resistance

with Batuuans you can always ask them where they are from, they have to be from Galma, Peka or Surabat. They have a backstory at each of these locations. You can also ask them what they think of Oga, she's like the overlord of BSO so most will have a strong opinion about her,
I was live streaming the other day and the First Order Officer saw that and started talking to me about having my datapad out and he went to leave and I shouted "Ignite the Spark" he stopped dead in his tracks and yelled at me for a good five minutes, talking about the futile point of the Resistance and how foolish Ackbar was trying to skip lightspeed :D man, I loved that so much
Vi is always fun to encounter cause not a lot of people know about her, so I have had long conversations about keeping things on the down lo and helping the Resistance
Thank you!

Rise of the Resistance is HUMORLESS - negating the JOY that usually accompanies Disney rides.

That’s not to say I wasn’t blown away by much of the staging and experiences, just that the narrative experience (and in particular with my interactions with the CMs) left me feeling rather rushed, bullied, and ultimately unsuccessful in my misdion to “Rise” against the First Order. And yes, I fully understand that those mean, commanding FO officers are playing up their role as they ensure you move along in a timely fashion. It’s just the feelings that I left the ride with were along the lines of fear, belittlement and defeat. That’s really something new for a Disney Parks experience.

Other rides which employ danger and peril (Indiana Jones, Star Tours) temper the danger with humor along the way and, ultimately, victory at the hands of the participants. With RotR, I was hurried into a transport by frantic Resistance CMs, yelled and even screamed at by FO CMs aboard the Star Destroyer, got repeatedly shot at and just barely escaped with my life only to return to where I started, having accomplished nothing but survival. Even the new Star Tours RoS scenes impart agency by putting you in the battle with the Final Order fleet to play A direct role in destroying several Star Destroyers. All you manage to accomplish in RotR is a prison break without imparting any meaningful damage to the First Order along the way. Had we been given the opportunity to do something actually heroic within the story (like stealing some important intel from the Star Destroyer), I might have felt differently about my role in the story and my sense accomplishment.

And if there was even a modicum of funny/humorous moments to temper all the threats and yelling (maybe a funny scene where Kylo belittles Hux or something satisfyingly dire happens to our FO CMs who’ve been yelling at us), it similarly might not have felt like all menace and doom and instead resulted in a more satisfying narrative experience.

Had our first ride today, and I’m pretty sure all effects were in working order. We enjoyed it and hope to ride again on Friday. I do want to thank @yulilin3 for recommending the book Black Spire Outpost. it was helpful in understanding the queue and making the details there more significant.

Rise of the Resistance is HUMORLESS - negating the JOY that usually accompanies Disney rides.

That’s not to say I wasn’t blown away by much of the staging and experiences, just that the narrative experience (and in particular with my interactions with the CMs) left me feeling rather rushed, bullied, and ultimately unsuccessful in my misdion to “Rise” against the First Order. And yes, I fully understand that those mean, commanding FO officers are playing up their role as they ensure you move along in a timely fashion. It’s just the feelings that I left the ride with were along the lines of fear, belittlement and defeat. That’s really something new for a Disney Parks experience.

Other rides which employ danger and peril (Indiana Jones, Star Tours) temper the danger with humor along the way and, ultimately, victory at the hands of the participants. With RotR, I was hurried into a transport by frantic Resistance CMs, yelled and even screamed at by FO CMs aboard the Star Destroyer, got repeatedly shot at and just barely escaped with my life only to return to where I started, having accomplished nothing but survival. Even the new Star Tours RoS scenes impart agency by putting you in the battle with the Final Order fleet to play A direct role in destroying several Star Destroyers. All you manage to accomplish in RotR is a prison break without imparting any meaningful damage to the First Order along the way. Had we been given the opportunity to do something actually heroic within the story (like stealing some important intel from the Star Destroyer), I might have felt differently about my role in the story and my sense accomplishment.

And if there was even a modicum of funny/humorous moments to temper all the threats and yelling (maybe a funny scene where Kylo belittles Hux or something satisfyingly dire happens to our FO CMs who’ve been yelling at us), it similarly might not have felt like all menace and doom and instead resulted in a more satisfying narrative experience.

While I love it, I do agree with this. I don’t think humor would improve it. But the first time I experienced it, I did wonder what the point is. We join the resistance, are immediately evacuated before ever doing a thing for the resistance, get captured, rescued, are returned to BSO, and dismissed without further instructions. Are we still part of the resistance? Are we not worth the effort? What is the plan? We just walk away from the transport without any further instructions. Now, the fact that RotR is immersive enough that these questions can even be asked show just how immersive and different it is. But as great as it is, there is room for improvement (aside from the frequent downtime issues).

While I love it, I do agree with this. I don’t think humor would improve it. But the first time I experienced it, I did wonder what the point is. We join the resistance, are immediately evacuated before ever doing a thing for the resistance, get captured, rescued, are returned to BSO, and dismissed without further instructions. Are we still part of the resistance? Are we not worth the effort? What is the plan? We just walk away from the transport without any further instructions. Now, the fact that RotR is immersive enough that these questions can even be asked show just how immersive and different it is. But as great as it is, there is room for improvement (aside from the frequent downtime issues).

Finn actually tells you at the end right before you disembark that you are in the Resistance now.

You success is that u didn't give away the location of the secret base. And yes, u are part of the Resistance.

Interesting thoughts - but I would say my whole group (my friends have not watched Star Wars movies in quite a while) had smiles and clapped at the end. So we ended the ride feeling exhilarated. Which works for me :)

Really glad they didn't make it a thrill ride inaccessible for non-coaster riders. It was nice to be able to go with my whole family. Much as I love FOP, it makes DH dizzy so he generally skips it.

This morning the part kylo stops you near end of ride and a tie fighter blows a hole causing him to dance basically wasn't working. Kind of a bummer, but not the worst thing to he down

This morning the part kylo stops you near end of ride and a tie fighter blows a hole causing him to dance basically wasn't working. Kind of a bummer, but not the worst thing to he down
Yes, that was down yesterday afternoon too when we rode. It was our first time, though, so we didn’t miss it.

You success is that u didn't give away the location of the secret base. And yes, u are part of the Resistance.

Interesting thoughts - but I would say my whole group (my friends have not watched Star Wars movies in quite a while) had smiles and clapped at the end. So we ended the ride feeling exhilarated. Which works for me :)

Really glad they didn't make it a thrill ride inaccessible for non-coaster riders. It was nice to be able to go with my whole family. Much as I love FOP, it makes DH dizzy so he generally skips it.

Yeah, there is the offhand remark from Finn- but still- if all this was actually real, we would not be going to the outpost before a debriefing at the very least. No way would we just wander off without rank, assigned job, or mission. Plus it was critical that we all evacuate...what happened to make that not true? The First Order fleet is still above BSO, which makes evacuating a good idea, or did I miss something?

Yeah, there is the offhand remark from Finn- but still- if all this was actually real, we would not be going to the outpost before a debriefing at the very least. No way would we just wander off without rank, assigned job, or mission. Plus it was critical that we all evacuate...what happened to make that not true? The First Order fleet is still above BSO, which makes evacuating a good idea, or did I miss something?
well when we evacuate the Star Destroyer, the Resistance is blowing it up, along with the rest of the ships as we eject
I love these in depth views people are taking, this is exactly what Star Wars is about :D

The more I think about the more I wish there was a debriefing. That would finish the experience perfectly and explain why we are free to wander around the outpost. I’ve only been on it twice so far but both times the end seems very abrupt. I think it was a missed opportunity...a Resistance officer could ask questions about any intel we may have gained during captivity, update us on the status of the battle, even give us a temporary mission til a plan is formed, and the mission could be one of several choices given to the cm’s- go back into the outpost to protect citizens from the First Order, or to subtly recruit more people, or to quietly spy on the First Order, or give Vi a message...

The more I think about the more I wish there was a debriefing. That would finish the experience perfectly and explain why we are free to wander around the outpost. I’ve only been on it twice so far but both times the end seems very abrupt. I think it was a missed opportunity...a Resistance officer could ask questions about any intel we may have gained during captivity, update us on the status of the battle, even give us a temporary mission til a plan is formed, and the mission could be one of several choices given to the cm’s- go back into the outpost to protect citizens from the First Order, or to subtly recruit more people, or to quietly spy on the First Order, or give Vi a message...
Even just pointing out the datapad Missions would be a cool tie in

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!