Rise of the Resistance...ride discussion (spoilers)

From our trip last week: our 5 year old son has some mild sensory issues and the fact that Rise of the Resistance “broke” when we first tried it, got him upset when we got on again. He worried it would break again and started to cry. Several cast members working the ride went above and beyond interacting with him to provide a great time on the ride. Asked us his name, got down on a knee to talk to him at his level, told him they were actually part of the Resistance, incorporated his name into a segment of the ride; that part where the doors slide open, the two cast members start asking “Finley (my son’s name)? We’re here to get you out!” My wife and I were very touched.

Last edited by a moderator:
From our trip last week: our 5 year old son has some mild sensory issues and the fact that Rise of the Resistance “broke” when we first tried it, got him upset when we got on again. He worried it would break again and started to cry. Several cast members working the ride went above and beyond interacting with him to provide a great time on the ride. Asked us his name, got down on a knee to talk to him at his level, told him they were actually part of the Resistance, incorporated his name into a segment of the ride; that part where the doors slide open, the two cast members start asking “Finley (my son’s name)? We’re here to get you out!” My wife and I were very touched.

I love when they do stuff like that. The CMs that handle the rescuing you seem to always do a good job. One of the times I rode it on my last trip it was being slow and we sat in the vehicle a few minutes before it started and the CMs in that room did great and stayed in character. They were doing things like "We're getting some jamming here getting you launched. is somebody here working for the first order?" and stuff like that to fill in the time under the ride vehicle left. I guess as often as it breaks down they probably have practice at it but it was cool it wasn't just dead air or them breaking character.

Got to finally ride this on 3/6 and 3/9 (arriving both times at park at 6:00, acquiring BG 24 and 75 (after force closing the app)) while, both times, standing first in line at SDD.

Can someone let me know what the known B-mode changes are?

I have read about the Kylo Ren animatronic not working and there being a tie fighter video screen but are there other common changes?

I ask because I swear the first time I rode it there was no lightsaber coming through the ceiling and no Finn animatronic in the one scene; but I could have just been to overwhelmed by the ride and just missed those.

Maybe there is already a list somewhere?

Got to finally ride this on 3/6 and 3/9 (arriving both times at park at 6:00, acquiring BG 24 and 75 (after force closing the app)) while, both times, standing first in line at SDD.

Can someone let me know what the known B-mode changes are?

I have read about the Kylo Ren animatronic not working and there being a tie fighter video screen but are there other common changes?

I ask because I swear the first time I rode it there was no lightsaber coming through the ceiling and no Finn animatronic in the one scene; but I could have just been to overwhelmed by the ride and just missed those.

Maybe there is already a list somewhere?

The only ones I know of are the last Kylo Ren and no lightsaber in the ceiling. Finn is very easy to miss no matter which side you go on- there’s actually two Finn’s, but you only see one. Sometimes the ship that evacuates you isn’t working and you just walk into the hanger- many are of the opinion they shouldn’t operate the attraction when that is the case.

The only ones I know of are the last Kylo Ren and no lightsaber in the ceiling. Finn is very easy to miss no matter which side you go on- there’s actually two Finn’s, but you only see one. Sometimes the ship that evacuates you isn’t working and you just walk into the hanger- many are of the opinion they shouldn’t operate the attraction when that is the case.

I've seen a few videos where the Kylo animatronic on the bridge with Hux doesn't turn around. When he's saying the lines about nowhere to run, he should turn toward the escaping vehicles and look at/address the "prisoners."

I love when they do stuff like that. The CMs that handle the rescuing you seem to always do a good job. One of the times I rode it on my last trip it was being slow and we sat in the vehicle a few minutes before it started and the CMs in that room did great and stayed in character. They were doing things like "We're getting some jamming here getting you launched. is somebody here working for the first order?" and stuff like that to fill in the time under the ride vehicle left. I guess as often as it breaks down they probably have practice at it but it was cool it wasn't just dead air or them breaking character.

The CM the busted us out of the cell was so bland I thought the ride had broken down. It was kind of "folks I need you to come this way" and took me a second to realize we were actually going to get on the vehicle and proceed.

editing to add: the CMs that put us in the cell were *so* good that it was a very obvious difference.

OMG, yes - it was him. I have seen references to TJ in the past but had never seen a picture (and we don't usually do ToT), so can't say I was intimately familiar with him/his popularity. Just googled and showed DW the pics to confirm and she was like "Yep, definitely him."

And then I remembered @Robo had posted a thread about him awhile back - https://www.disboards.com/threads/f...ite-cm-now-at-rise-of-the-resistance.3791306/

Wow, we lucked out with a great treat having him last Friday!
Wow! Imagine TJ and the actress playing the gorgeous Evil Queen from the other coast (DL) if they interact?

So the only time I've been lucky enough to experience this attraction was back in December, about a week and a half after it opened. I woke up at 3am, got to HS around 4:15, and we didn't actually get in the gate until 6:45. CMs at the gate told us not to rush, don't expect to get a boarding group until 7am when the park officially opens, etc. We tried as soon as we passed the scan posts, and my friend looked at me and said, "We're in." I was like, "Yeah, I know we're in, try to get in a boarding group!!!....OOOOOOH. We're IN?!" Boarding group 6. We stopped and got a coffee and then headed straight back.

If there were any kinks in the system that day, I didn't see any. The entire experience was amazing. I cannot wait to go back, and even though I'm not the biggest Star Wars fan, I just want to look at EVERYTHING. When we got pulled into the "color lines" by the First Order, I was standing in the front and was just so amazed with everything, I started to laugh. I'm a nervous giggler, what can I say? One of the officers came up to me, got about 6 inches from my face and "yelled" at me for laughing. He said, "I don't see any reason why you should be laughing right now. We'll fix that right up." The guy standing next to me was dying trying to hold in a laugh or a comment and the officer gave him a super stern look as he walked past. I only looked forward, trying to keep a straight face until we were being ushered by the next officer, who was warned by the first officer that myself and the guy next to me were troublemakers and to watch us extra closely.

Once the resistance had cut through the wall in the interrogation room, the CMs were rushing us into the "prisoner transports" but also trying to keep us in the story. Honestly, you just don't get this kind of interaction with any other ride.

I don't know if these CMs were so good like this because that's how they want their character to be, if that's what they are told to do... I'm just kind of wondering what it is like if you go there later in the day. I know CMs switch operational positions pretty often, but it makes me hope that everyone that experiences this attraction would get that FULL experience. Maybe it was just me, maybe it was because it was so early in the day, but I can tell you one thing.... I can't wait to go back.

@yulilin3

Since this is the spoiler thread I'll ask here.

You said full go for the entire ride of Rise, but 1party per vehicle.

Does that include the transport section too? Or will that just be a severely reduced number and make sure people spread out

@yulilin3

Since this is the spoiler thread I'll ask here.

You said full go for the entire ride of Rise, but 1party per vehicle.

Does that include the transport section too? Or will that just be a severely reduced number and make sure people spread out
she doesn't know. That's not her attraction so she just heard the general presentation on SWGE, she's now walking the land.
I would think the transport will be probably 4 parties, I think they can spread out like in each corner. She was told that the interrogations room will obviously just be 2 parties (one for each vehicle)

she doesn't know. That's not her attraction so she just heard the general presentation on SWGE, she's now walking the land.
I would think the transport will be probably 4 parties, I think they can spread out like in each corner. She was told that the interrogations room will obviously just be 2 parties (one for each vehicle)

That is defiinitely going to lower capacity especially with parties of 1 or 2.

It's why I was trying to warn people when they were excited its gonna be standby instead of VQ that I personally think it's going to make it worse.

Yeah that is one thing I've thought the whole time (and my visit to six flags confirmed it a lot). People think lowered attendencee at the parks is going to be amazing but when you add lowered attendence with reducing ride capacity by 50% or more the two kinda cancel each other out. There are a lot of people that think the lower attendence will make it where everybody that gets in can ride RotR but I just don't think that is going to be the case.

As a lone traveler, I apologize in advance for contributing to even slower lines in the physical distancing environment.

Having ridden once before with just two other people (I got the first boarding group and the ride opened right when the park did that day, and the three of us just happened to have been the only ones who had already made it to the back of the park yet) it's really cool not to have to worry about anyone sitting behind you so that you can take pictures without blocking anyone's view, etc. But it was really strange doing all the preshow stuff with just us. All of the guards were focused just on the three of us, so it was extra intense leading up to the interrogation especially. :P

Does anyone know if Rise of the Resistance will still have all the Pre-Shows?

Rey Hologram, Resistance Ship, Interrogation Room....

(Apologies for posting in the wrong place earlier...)

Thank you,

Last edited:
Many people have not ridden the ride, please do not mention aspects of the ride as many want to know nothing about it beforehand

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!