Rise of the Resistance solo easier to get on?

mikeishere

Mouseketeer
Will Rise of the Resistance always use boarding groups ? Also is it easier to get in a boarding group when just one of you solo?

Will Rise of the Resistance always use boarding groups ? Also is it easier to get in a boarding group when just one of you solo?

I haven’t done it yet personally but I would imagine going solo would give you better odds of securing a boarding pass in the lottery system than a family of 5.

I'm sure eventually it will switch to FP, but who knows when. I don't think group size matters much. We had no trouble getting a low boarding group for 2. It takes an extra second or two to add your group members but IMO it is more important to be fast overall on the app. With a larger group you can have more people trying for the BG!

I think the BG advantage is a coin toss - solo, you don't spend any time selecting family and friends, but you don't have extra helpers trying for the BG. The biggest factor is how the app is working. One day mine went pretty smoothly and the other my app was dragging (I think I had to close and reopen) but I still got in.

I was ”solo” in February while wife and daughter were running the Princess 10K. Arrived at the park early and managed to get my boarding pass (for group 7) almost immediately. Several couples near me who pushed their button at the same time all had passes behind me, all in the top 30.

I think it's easier. I imagine there is a set number of spots per boarding group, pretend it's 100. A solo person can fill any spot left in a BG, whereas groups would need to be smaller than the remaining spots left in a BG. I have no clue if it actually works like that, but I got BG 6 (first group was BG 3) and then BG 8 (first group was BG 8) on my two solo mornings in HS recently.

On my recent solo trip, I scored in the Rise of the Resistance lottery both mornings. The first morning I got group 5 (I believe they started with 1 that day) and the other morning I got Group 2 which was the first group called that day. People around me were getting numbers in the low 20s for the most part.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!