Ritz, Four Seasons, Waldorf or other luxury hotel

sdfabrizio

Earning My Ears
I've always stayed onsite with our 2 kids at either BCV, Poly, BWV & Wilderness- kinda like the Deluxe resorts/villas. Looking for a change with no kids in tow this time. Was looking for opinions on a few criteria for the aforementioned hotels or any other top hotels within the park boundaries. Not looking for a 1000 room monstropolis. Also, hoping to use Disney Rewards points(FS will accept) or Amex Fine Hotels program & Amex points somehow.
Would love to hear opinions on the flooding & also if I've missed anything, please chime in:
1) logistics to parks.
2) thoughts on value for the price
3) Food choices
4) overall feel of hotel for family vs couples stay.

Thanking all in advance

The Four Seasons has been the choice of some very discerning friends of mine. I have not yet had the opportunity, but I do hope to soon.

There is no comparison... Four Seasons all the way. Friends of ours, who both grew up incredibly wealthy, think they fly on their own private jet everywhere wealthy, stayed there earlier this year and loved it. They've stayed at some of the best hotels in the world, and loved the FS.

We've never stayed at the FS Orlando, but we've stayed at other FS properties, and it just doesn't get any better than their service and quality. It's good for families and couples. Their food is always excellent across the board. The Waldorf is just a glorified Hilton, and I think the Ritz has a less convenient location. I believe FS Orlando has a bus- and there's always Uber!

We stayed at the Waldorf for a couples only trip last May and I still think about it longingly. Like you, when we take the kids we normally stay at one od Disney's deluxe hotels. The Waldorf is truly a deluxe hotel. The staff was incredible and the facilities and rooms top notch. We are Hilton Honors members and were upgraded to a one bedroom Disney view suite so that helped too! While we didn't eat at the hotel while we were there, we did use their transportation to go over to the parks. I thought it was great. Nice coach bus and its on a schedule so you know when it will leave and when you will be back. If that doesn't work for you, as others have pointed out, there's always Uber!

I doubt you could go wrong with any of the hotels you named, they are all well known for their service.

I have stayed at the Four Seasons and loved it. We went for one night for my birthday. Paid about $450 for a room with two queens, we were upgraded to a nice room (Golden Oaks room). I actually don't recall the exact price but it was no less than that. We stayed at the hotel with our two teenagers and enjoyed the pool (this was the last week of July). They brought chocolate turtles filled with candy to our room for the kids, and chocolate birthday cake for me. They do pamper you and make you feel like a VIP.

If I were going to the park every day, I would stay elsewhere for the price. My kids like Gaylord Palms and it is more reasonably priced.

If you are going to have a resort only day, Four Seasons is the best!

This thread is almost 10 mos old ........ am sure OP is long past looking/booking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!