RIV Waitlist

You could book a split stay. Like the 12-15 at Riv and then the 15-19 at another resort with availability and then wait list that at Riv. But you might end up with a split stay. (could also book 12-16 at other resort and 16-19 at Riv and then wait list the 12-16 at Riv) I would do this, book a split and WL. Shorter (like 1-4 nights) WL have better chances to come through.

Thank you but the idea of a split stay just annoys me LOL
In September we had to move from a dedicated two bedroom to a lock off two bedroom the last night of our 9 night stay at the GFVs and that even annoyed me. I wasn't even traveling with a my dh/kids (although they are adults), it was just my mom and me.
If I was going to still book the RIV, I would do 12-15 at RIV 15-16 somewhere else and 16-19 back at the RIV but I will be so annoyed if it doesn't come through. I really didn't like having to know I had to move the last night of my trip. I'm not a split stayer.

I've had a late Feb waitlist since day 1. No luck. Hoping they release a few rooms between now and then.

Thank you but the idea of a split stay just annoys me LOL
In September we had to move from a dedicated two bedroom to a lock off two bedroom the last night of our 9 night stay at the GFVs and that even annoyed me. I wasn't even traveling with a my dh/kids (although they are adults), it was just my mom and me.
If I was going to still book the RIV, I would do 12-15 at RIV 15-16 somewhere else and 16-19 back at the RIV but I will be so annoyed if it doesn't come through. I really didn't like having to know I had to move the last night of my trip. I'm not a split stayer.
I am with you on that. I just, in Oct, had a 1BR BWV stand view for a week and then last minute we added on 2 more nights so we had to take SSR. Then, on the trip and a day before move day, we saw BWV 1BR P/G view opened up. So we grabbed it and I went to desk to ask if we could just stay in the stand view room and gift our P/G room as an upgrade for someone who booked stand view for those 2 nights. They told me no because, they said, stand view is more in demand and goes quickest so folks want that. They couldn't understand that it was just because point cost was lower but that the guests would be pleased to take my upgrade. Nope. Could not grasp it. So we had to take all our crap down to bell services and leave for a few hours. I even went down to the desk prior, at like 10:30am, and asked if they knew how long until our next room was ready (cause I would have just moved stuff into hall and then got new room # and gone directly there...no bell services). They said I HAD to check out first and then made clear that the resort was at capacity so it could be close to 4pm before room was ready. So, at 11am, we lug all our stuff down to bell services and start to walk to HS. We were not even outside when room ready text came. We had ADR at Oga's coming up so we had to keep going. But had I known I would have put stuff in hallway at 10:45 with DH and I'd have gone to desk to check out. Then take stuff directly to our room and head off to HS. We had to come back and call bell services and wait for them to bring our stuff and then pay tip. Very grating!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!