• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

River Country closed indefinately?

I don't want this to appear contraversial, but no great loss IMHO.

BB and TL knocks spots off of River Country - not our thing really - perhaps it's going to have a MAJOR overhaul.

Interesting thread Valerie - thanks! :)

It's a shame as I always fancied going to River Country, I do hope they decide to re-open.

River Country has never been open when we have gone in October so it'll not matter to us.

This is a shame. We have never visited RC as it was closed - but it was somewhere I would like to try...

Kaylee

........... they had problems last year when the bacteria levels became unacceptably high and they closed it, and possibly when attendance figures dropped so badly, they didn't feel in any hurry to re-open - I hope it's temporary. I have always loved the breadth of attractions/resorts etc that Disney has to offer, something for everyone, and like you Astrid and Kaylee, it was something we never got round to, but would probably have done in future.
I hope they do re-open in 2003.

We went once to RC and enjoyed the change of pace here. Was much more laid back than BB or TL. It is a shame that they have closed it. I hope they re-open it too.

What a shame:(

We loved going to River Country. Even though we stayed onsight, it was a great break from the hustle and bustle.
We used to go over for a break from the MK- chill out for a few hours, then come back really refreshed for the evening session. We'll really miss it, it's part of our family tradition

Janice:bounce: :bounce:

RC the obvious choice for Disney if it wants to cut down the water parks operation. It's never been open in the winter months anyway and always had problems with using the lagoon water and filtering it. I would think that the longer it's left closed the more likely it is that it will not reopen.

It's a shame that the louder, larger parks have taken over from this slower one but that seems to be what the majority of people want nowadays.

we were planning on doing this this time as we thought the laid back pace might suit Katie better than the bigger wilder parks.

I guess we'll have to stick to the swimming pool at the villa.

Bev

Ten years ago, TL was full every time that we wanted to go there so we went to River Country instead. We enjoyed it some fun slides and the water seemsed Ok then.

I don't know if TL gets so full now there is BB as well but it seems a shame to close RC. It was the 2 weeks after Easter when TL was full BTW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter