Rivers of Light Dining Package Lookout Thread - NOW ACCEPTING RESERVATIONS

I could not get a party of 6 for Oct 26 for a late breakfast so I broke it up into a party of 2 and a party of 4. Both are for 10:30. What do you think the chances are that they can sit us close together. We have never been to Tusker House before

Thanks
They have lots of large tables there, so pretty good chances.

Unfortunately, you'll have no way of knowing ahead of time. Just plan in advance on how you would split up, just in case.

Debating about skipping the package. We're a party of 10 and right now. I have two non pkg Tusker ADRS within 5 minutes of each other (party of 8 and party of 2). Hoping to be seated together or near each other if I stick with them. I get the impression not everyone in our group is going to want to see ROL + it looks like others have had a tough time getting the pkg for parties over 6 ... so now thinking maybe we'll skip the pkg.

Has anyone just settled for seeing the show standby?

I think this is a great time! It's what I'm hoping for next May. That way you can get to the park at RD and do a few rides, then have breakfast and do some FP rides after breakfast. You don't waste precious early park time at a sit down meal. Plus, lunch is put out around 11:00 so you will have breakfast buffet choices, followed by lunch buffet choices, all for the price of breakfast. It's a win-win!
We had a 10:15 ROL breakfast at Tusker House on Mother's day and it took a while to get seated. I think over 15 minutes. You might want to factor that in. Also, lunch items didn't start coming out until 11:30 while we were there.

Debating about skipping the package. We're a party of 10 and right now. I have two non pkg Tusker ADRS within 5 minutes of each other (party of 8 and party of 2). Hoping to be seated together or near each other if I stick with them. I get the impression not everyone in our group is going to want to see ROL + it looks like others have had a tough time getting the pkg for parties over 6 ... so now thinking maybe we'll skip the pkg.

Has anyone just settled for seeing the show standby?
When I reserved the ROL package for this past May trip, we had 7 people and I called Disney dining to book it. We wound up taking one off later who didn't come with us.
I have seen people reporting the standby lines starting an hour or so before the show, but there's no guarantee you would get in. It's up to you, but we decided the package was the way to go for us and I would definitely do it again. You could try for fastpasses if the dining package doesn't pan out.

Does anyone out there in Mouseland happen to have a ROL Package for Saturday, September 2? (Not asking for trading purposes.) We're planning our DAK day that Saturday, but there are absolutely no packages for a party of only 2 available at either restaurant, breakfast, lunch or dinner. But, there seems to be decent general seating availability and tons of availability (package and regular seating) on Sunday, September 3. I talked to the CM on the line, and she did confirm September 2 was listed as an "available" day for the package. So, I'm trying to decide if this means DAK will be packed that Saturday (and maybe should flip with Epcot) - or if it's more a matter of minimal to no availability on the packages.

I just wanted to update that I signed up for ADR finder on Touring Plans and it gave me a notice today and I was able to get a Tusker ROL breakfast for Oct 12 for all 6 of us!

I just wanted to update that I signed up for ADR finder on Touring Plans and it gave me a notice today and I was able to get a Tusker ROL breakfast for Oct 12 for all 6 of us!

How did you search for the ROL package? All I see listed is just for Tusker House, no ROL package.

I had simply put in a search for Tusker House just in case. When I got the text alert, I signed in and looked for the ROL package to see if it would come up that way and it did. I was surprised!

I see that the last month posted (October) has no packages on Monday, Wednesday, Friday - have there been any rumors about it staying that way or not? Considering changing our AK day to a S/T/Th/Su so we can take advantage....

Every year a group of my girl friends we plan a getaway for a girl long weekend. This year is Vegas, some shows, gambling, spa time, shopping and plenty of adult beverages... woo hoo...

So we got together for lunch to discuss what our options are, and where we want to stay, flights, and shows we might try to see.

So during the conversations, I reminded everyone that I wasn't 100% sure I would be able to go, but it wouldn't matter as I was booking my own room, and flight. So it didn't mess with anyone else plans. We are building a house, and our youngest daughter is having another baby and lives out of state... so I have a lot going on...

A few years ago I started doing this on our girls trips, just booking my own room, and I love it. So this is not the 1st time I have planned to do this. I am the type of person when I want to go to bed, I'm going to go to bed, I hate sharing a bathroom, and love having a king bed all to myself for a couple of nights. I am light sleeper, back and neck issue and sometimes I have to get up in the middle of the night and do stretch's, and really.... I just don't want to share... It's my time for me so if I am paying for it what's the dang big deal.

So after lunch we were all sitting around, catching up and chatting. One of the other ladies (lets call her K"), said it looks like we are sharing... I was like "what?" ... oh I said, I'm sorry, I'm not sure if I am even going, who told you we were sharing. So when she told me who told her (let use the initial "B"), I went straight to the source, and said why did you tell her that I am sharing with her, you know that I don't even know if I am going, yet... and if I do I am staying alone in the room that I am paying for. "B" said well to bad your going to have to share this trip, I said No! I'm not and that's that and ended the conversation.... I did speak to "K" and let her know that I was unsure if I was going and that it was not personal, and that did tell the everyone that my situation, she was fine with it and she completely understood.

There are a couple of other ladies that have since dropped out due to personal family stuff that they are not going to be able to go... So "K" has a room-mate.

The problem is that "B" is stirring the pot, basically running her mouth. She is a pot stirrer and loves drama.... I got a nasty email from "B" and I did not even respond back. Which only made her madder, that I won't play along. So apparently things have gotten out of hand with her trying to tell everyone who they are going to room and telling everyone what the trip itinerary is that she has decided on what's best for the group to point that several more ladies have dropped out. Normally we just get where we are going and decide then. This is the first time that "B" has been the point person for one of our trips...

After all this I just did a group email and bowed out and said I just can't make it right now.

So my question is would you be offended if someone in your group paid for their own room and did not want to share?

How do you sign up for the text alert

There is a Tusker House ROL package breakfast at 9:35 am for 4 people available now. Just got the text from Reservation Finder. I was able to get a Tusker House ROL at 10:35 earlier this morning. No Tusker House ROL breakfast times had been available at all during our week until now!

There is a Tusker House ROL package breakfast at 9:35 am for 4 people available now. Just got the text from Reservation Finder. I was able to get a Tusker House ROL at 10:35 earlier this morning. No Tusker House ROL breakfast times had been available at all during our week until now!

Thats the next I was asking about earlier in the thread how do you sign up for that text

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter