Rivers of Light Dining Package Lookout Thread - NOW ACCEPTING RESERVATIONS

ROL packages are up for January. But, none were available for breakfast at Tusker House. Is that the norm? Do they not offer the package for breakfast?

Looked again, and nothing available for a party of 5 for breakfast. I could do 4 at 9:50 and 1 at 9:20, but that's too far apart.

I'm not sure you can book a ROL package for dinner since it's so close to the show time. I remember reading somewhere that 3:30 is the latest ADR time for the packages.

I got an accidental dinner dinner package for ROL. I was supposed to have a 2:30 late lunch but I had a terrible headache at about one and I knew I was over heated and needed a break back at my room. I went to TH and asked in I could push my ADR back an hour or two. They said just come back when I felt better, but I may have to wait a while to be seated. I came back a little before 5:00 and I still only waited about 15 minutes to be seated. We were done eating by 6:00 because my son hates to linger in loud places and it was loud in there, plus we werent there for characters. We had dinner and had not trouble at all with time.

Besides getting a guaranteed viewing of ROL, is there any other benefit of getting the show packages?
The other benefit for me was that I didnt have to waste a precious FP for it. I also think that the Dining packages have slightly better viewing

ROL packages are up for January. But, none were available for breakfast at Tusker House. Is that the norm? Do they not offer the package for breakfast?

Looked again, and nothing available for a party of 5 for breakfast. I could do 4 at 9:50 and 1 at 9:20, but that's too far apart.
You may want to try looking for a party of 6. If you book a party of 4 and then a party of 1 there is a possibility that you will have 2 different tables in different parts of the restaurant. They will try to seat you together but it may not be possible.

I've had more success booking a table for 1 more than I want and then modifying it down to the right number.

You may want to try looking for a party of 6. If you book a party of 4 and then a party of 1 there is a possibility that you will have 2 different tables in different parts of the restaurant. They will try to seat you together but it may not be possible.

I've had more success booking a table for 1 more than I want and then modifying it down to the right number.

Nope, still nothing. Bummer!

How late in August is everyone getting them? Our 180 day was today and I tried to get a dinner one for April 18 but nothing was coming up.

I just checked again and was able to get one for April 18! Thanks so much for posting. There are none for dinner, which is surprising, but I was able to get a late lunch.

odds at checkin they would let us switch to dining package are 0% or worth askign?

You're more likely to get one by checking the Disney site many times each day. I've done that often and always ended up finding something before our trip. Do you have a Touring Plans membership? I find their dining reservation finder tool to work really well!

You're more likely to get one by checking the Disney site many times each day. I've done that often and always ended up finding something before our trip. Do you have a Touring Plans membership? I find their dining reservation finder tool to work really well!

I don't think their tool does the ROL package. If it does, tell me how! I looked earlier today.

I don't think their tool does the ROL package. If it does, tell me how! I looked earlier today.
Now that you say that I think you may be right. I was looking for a RoL once myself and couldn't use the tool. Tried looking for a 'normal' reservation then requesting the same time on the Disney site as a package but it didn't work out.

Hope you find something. Just keep trying and hopefully something turns up. Normally you'll start to see more around a month or less before your trip as people begin to let go of extra reservations as their plans firm up.

Now that you say that I think you may be right. I was looking for a RoL once myself and couldn't use the tool. Tried looking for a 'normal' reservation then requesting the same time on the Disney site as a package but it didn't work out.

Hope you find something. Just keep trying and hopefully something turns up. Normally you'll start to see more around a month or less before your trip as people begin to let go of extra reservations as their plans firm up.

I do have a split reservation. Hopefully they can put us together that day or at least near each other.

I do have a split reservation. Hopefully they can put us together that day or at least near each other.

Did you try looking for a booking for 6 or 7? You can always book that, go back in, and change the reservation top your property party number. I've done that before many times, I've booked for 5 and then went back and switched to 2

Did you try looking for a booking for 6 or 7? You can always book that, go back in, and change the reservation top your property party number. I've done that before many times, I've booked for 5 and then went back and switched to 2

Yup, I’ve checked every configuration.

So I got a 4:30 dinner reservation for Jan 2 and tickets for the ROL 2nd show. The Disney website only shows 1 show on that day, at 6:30. I see next week there is only 1 show but I know Jan 2 is a busier time. The park has a scheduled close time of 8, any educated guesses to what time the 2nd showtime would be.

I just checked again and was able to get one for April 18! Thanks so much for posting. There are none for dinner, which is surprising, but I was able to get a late lunch.

I think the issue with dinner is the meal has to be at least 3 hours before the show.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter