Rivers Of Light Dining package

Thanks for this info! I was able to book my dates without first cancelling original reservation at Tusker House, but will use this method in the future if I run into a snag!
The bigger issue is that there is no availability at Tusker House, not that there isn't and dining packages available. Once they opened December dining packages, I couldn't find any available for Tusker House, but it was because it was already fully booked. I cancelled my regular breakfast reservation (in the middle of the night so it wasn't immediately taken by someone else), it it showed right up on the dining package site. I rebooked it as a dining package breakfast at my original time. It was risky, but it paid off. I also did the same thing to convert my Garden Grill reservation into a CP dining package.

Booked my February dates! Thanks for the info!
I have friends traveling in June- watching for them. If anyone sees those dates open in the future, please give a shout!

Got my TH RoL package for 3rd week of April. Were no dinner times. Latest I could get was 3:25 lunch. Anyone snag a dinner time or not offered?

Also looks like MDE now lets you book and then cancels your old overlapping ADR (with a warning) at completion of new booking. No need to cancel in middle of night and rebook.

Just booked for mid April and 3:25 was the latest I saw available as well. Is dinner not offered or is it booked? If it’s booked I’ll keep checking back but I do not want to waste my time constantly checking for something that doesn’t exist:)

Got my TH RoL package for 3rd week of April. Were no dinner times. Latest I could get was 3:25 lunch. Anyone snag a dinner time or not offered?

Also looks like MDE now lets you book and then cancels your old overlapping ADR (with a warning) at completion of new booking. No need to cancel in middle of night and rebook.

This is only true if there are other times open around the time you already have. If there are no other times available, you need to cancel yours so that it shows back up in the system as available.

Just booked for mid April and 3:25 was the latest I saw available as well. Is dinner not offered or is it booked? If it’s booked I’ll keep checking back but I do not want to waste my time constantly checking for something that doesn’t exist:)

I can’t speak to past experience with this particular package but usually the dinner/show packages are like this, with no reservations after some point in the afternoon (often like 4:30). I also saw 3:25 as the latest for my January date, so we opted for lunch instead.

Over the summer it was offered for dinner, but only dinner option was 4pm. I don't recall the exact day that the booking opens, but it is less than 180.

Just as ADRS are 180days, and FP are 90, the dining packages also opens a standard number of days in advance (of the date you want). I just don't recall what that number was, but I know a CM told me what it was when I called. It was less than 170/more than 100 days in advance, if that helps. I though I put it in my notes, but I don't see it.

I was advised to book a 4pm Tusker House ADR (at 180 days), then call back later to have it converted over to the package when the package was released.

The CM did told me when I was supposed to call back for it. (but I recall she qualified her number a little, "Usually it is x days out, so try calling then.")

Having done it, I doubt we'll do it again. IMO, 4pm isn't really dinner time. I suppose it was handy to have the RoL priority seating, but Phew! on the price!

Last edited:

Thank you, everyone! I wouldn't have known the pkgs were available if it weren't for this thread.

I've got my Jan 30th Tusker House breakfast now. :thumbsup2 (Which, even though I know everyone else seems to prefer lunch/dinner, is exactly what we wanted.)

Thank you, everyone! I wouldn't have known the pkgs were available if it weren't for this thread.

I've got my Jan 30th Tusker House breakfast now. :thumbsup2 (Which, even though I know everyone else seems to prefer lunch/dinner, is exactly what we wanted.)
We chose a 10:35 am time because I have read mostly all good reviews about the breakfast there. I chose a brunch time so we can experience both breakfast and lunch. I had a lot of times to choose from.

Last edited:
We chose a 10:35 am time because I have read mostly all good reviews about the breakfast there. I chose a brunch time so we can experience both breakfast and dinner. I had a lot of times to choose from.

I only had the one time available to me, probably because I noticed later than the rest of you. :)

I only had the one time available to me, probably because I noticed later than the rest of you. :)
When are you going? I just looked again for March 2 when we are going and I only looked at 10:30, but there are still two time slots open. Maybe I'm going on a day when other people won't be there?

Yeah, not much on 1/30. That’s when we’re going too. I had to split our party of 5 up.

Why would that make a difference for Tusker House? Isn’t that at MK?
It is, but there’s also a DAH 1/26. So people might be coming for those. I’m just speculating and trying to come up with a reason. There were tons of times for me to pick from for my date. I’m not sure why.

It is, but there’s also a DAH 1/26. So people might be coming for those. I’m just speculating and trying to come up with a reason. There were tons of times for me to pick from for my date. I’m not sure why.
Ah. Those tickets are very limited though I think. There are plenty of times, just not for breakfast for parties greater than 4. I do have 2 reservations to fit my party at the same time. That’ll work if I can’t get one for all of us.

Ah. Those tickets are very limited though I think. There are plenty of times, just not for breakfast for parties greater than 4. I do have 2 reservations to fit my party at the same time. That’ll work if I can’t get one for all of us.
Oh okay. Yeah our group is 4 people so that might’ve helped my odds.

When are you going? I just looked again for March 2 when we are going and I only looked at 10:30, but there are still two time slots open. Maybe I'm going on a day when other people won't be there?

1/30! I thought it would be a quiet time since it's the middle of the week, but hey, who knows? I'm sure it'll be terrific, regardless. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!