Rivers of light permanently cancelled??

Ellie Webbs

DIS Veteran
Latest rumour from dfb is that along with stitch's great escape and primeval whirl (boohoo lol), rivers of light is no more!
I for one would be really sad about that, I enjoyed it a lot.

I am sad because it was a great people suck in the evening and made lines much shorter for FOP and EE. Other than the floating flowers that opened up and a few of the light up animals it was bad.

My guess is they will do a new show in a few years based on an IP. Jungle book on water seems an easy choice to me.

Yeah the lack of IP within RoL always seemed odd considering everywhere else they are forcing IP into attractions whethet it fits or not.

It's just as well I guess. I really liked the original version, but th revamped version wasn't too good and as a whole it didn't seem popular. I am sure they will bring back a nighttime spectacular soon (once all of the pandemic nonsense is behind us) since they have the theater space now.

I am sad because it was a great people suck in the evening and made lines much shorter for FOP and EE. Other than the floating flowers that opened up and a few of the light up animals it was bad.

My guess is they will do a new show in a few years based on an IP. Jungle book on water seems an easy choice to me.

Probably avatar. Start it around the time for avatar 2

Im with you. ROL was a one and done for me. But a nice people eater which was nice.

I don't mind not having Primeval Whirl and I sure hope something good can go into Stitch's place. That location feels like it's been cursed for over 20 years.

Oh, the alien attraction. That was the most uneasy feeling I've ever had at a theme park. It was glorious!

I'm probably in the minority that will miss Primeval Whirl on some level. I loved it for how trashy it was.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!