Rivers of light permanently cancelled??

No skin off of my ashtabula if they close ROL and Stitch but there has always been a line for primeval whirl.

Primevil Whirl is having maintenance issues and the rumors were that the parts were difficult to get. I did like it, but they could put something else in too - though right now I don't know that there are plans to, which is unfortunate.

And I'm sorry, the seating situation in that amphitheater was inexcusable. I don't need a reclining armchair, but a back rail would be nice!

We thought the rows were really tight. We were sitting off to the side with my husband staying in wheelchair. I felt like if I moved , I'd hit the person in front of me with my knees.

But a reclining armchair would be nice too. 😄

ROL was...in my opinion...the weakest nighttime entertainment show in any of the parks. Forgettable music, nebulous story, fickle water projection technology, and each time I saw it there was SOMETHING broken/not operational. The original iteration with the performers was much better, but still not something I'd see more than once unless I was with a family member who wanted to see it.

I feel the same way. I was highly anticipating RoL and really wanted to love it. I saw it twice, both the original iteration, which sounds like it was the best version.

rivers of light is no more!
I for one would be really sad about that, I enjoyed it a lot.

1) RoL never ran as engineered and highly announced/anticipated.
2) The software was not written properly by the independent contractors.
3) Another good idea that WDW did not do correctly.
4) We visited during the CM-Preview nights and were aghast at the errors.
5) These were not first-night jitters, but bad design.
6) It could have been such a great show!

NOTE:
...The floats were nice, but the "lights" o the water kept crashing into each other.
...The lights were to move and when approaching each other, they were to avert.
...Instead, they gathered or just kept bumping the large floats or other lights.
...Robot vacuums were programmed for your house without hitting furniture.
...So, the programing has existed for a long time.
...The software guys just never got it right for RoL.
...Really is not a tough routine, just a relatively simply "Ladder" Program.

Last edited:

Here's hoping to a new show in AK when things normalize!

I'm sure there will be eventually. They have the space now - soemthing's going to go there. I hope they come up with something really cool.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!