Riviera Resale-Wow?

i like a good robust back and forth. my best friend and i disagree on a lot of politics (and most of the important stuff), and it helps us each un-narrow our viewpoints on stuff. i have plenty to learn about dvc, which is why i read way more than i post usually. i have certainly learned way more than i have contributed! thanks all! cheers to all of us!
Awesome - I have the same situation with several family members, and only a few friends. Healthy, civil, respectful debate is a good thing.
Unfortunately, some are too sensitive to be able to endure those types of conversations. I, too, look to them to broaden my perspectives.
I was serious about that coffee-chat! :thumbsup2

Honestly, I think people like the resort and are willing to buy it even with restrictions, They do know because brokers disclose that information to them.

I am surprised by the price as well, but I do wonder if many of the buyers are current owners who have other points

I said this in the other thread that I know plenty of people who stay at the same WDW resort all the time who are not DVC.

I definitely think things will level out in the next year or so if And when more sell, but so far, it’s performing much better than people thought,

While I have not yet stayed, I did tour the grounds and love it. It is now one of my top resorts which never thought I’d say.
I fall into this category. I own points at Poly and BLT and prioritize easy, quick, and direct access to the parks, but were missing similar access to the other parks. When Riviera opened, it was a no brainer for us to buy there. We have stayed several times now and have zero regrets. Super easy access to both HS and Epcot and the vibe at the resort is also super. With all that said, I own my points direct, but if the need arises for more, the resale restrictions would not deter us (for the right price), as we love it there.

I fall into this category. I own points at Poly and BLT and prioritize easy, quick, and direct access to the parks, but were missing similar access to the other parks. When Riviera opened, it was a no brainer for us to buy there. We have stayed several times now and have zero regrets. Super easy access to both HS and Epcot and the vibe at the resort is also super. With all that said, I own my points direct, but if the need arises for more, the resale restrictions would not deter us (for the right price), as we love it there.

Ive been here a few days staying at BCV and went over to RIV a few times. It’s beautiful and relaxing and I am so glad I bought. I know I’ll pick up resale points here next year because honestly, it just became my top Epcot resort!

Ive been here a few days staying at BCV and went over to RIV a few times. It’s beautiful and relaxing and I am so glad I bought. I know I’ll pick up resale points here next year because honestly, it just became my top Epcot resort!
Just to be clear, RIV is now your FAVE, or BCV ??
The latest incentives got my attention for RIV, but I have always preferred BCV for EPCOT/DHS access, and have never bought anything "sight unseen" (although I did put a deposit on a CyberTruck - but I hope to see 1st release before finalizing a real order) :)
We plan to tour RIV during our next stay.
Tell me what makes it so special for you, based on your first-hand review.

Just to be clear, RIV is now your FAVE, or BCV ??
The latest incentives got my attention for RIV, but I have always preferred BCV for EPCOT/DHS access, and have never bought anything "sight unseen" (although I did put a deposit on a CyberTruck - but I hope to see 1st release before finalizing a real order) :)
We plan to tour RIV during our next stay.
Tell me what makes it so special for you, based on your first-hand review.

RIV! I haven’t stayed yet but honestly it is just so beautiful. I got an adult drink and sat by waters edge looking out over lake and toward CBR. Felt like I was looking at the Bahamas from a cruise ship.

Food was amazing at Primo...much better than marketplace and the leisure pool looked great. And the scent walking around the lobby. I love the coffee shop.

Skyliner to and from Epcot was a breeze because we didn’t travel at peak times.

Cant wait until I get to stay in February. Unless a miracle happens and my waitlist for Dec happens!

It simply is my style of resort!

RIV! I haven’t stayed yet but honestly it is just so beautiful. I got an adult drink and sat by waters edge looking out over lake and toward CBR. Felt like I was looking at the Bahamas from a cruise ship.

Food was amazing at Primo...much better than marketplace and the leisure pool looked great.

Skyliner to and from Epcot was a breeze because we didn’t travel at peak times.

Cant wait until I get to stay in February. Unless a miracle happens and my waitlist for Dec happens!
I think that's GREAT! I am really looking forward to checking it out in January.
OMG - I need to get an Rx for this add-on-itis!!! :earboy2:

Food was amazing at Primo...much better than marketplace and the leisure pool looked great.

I haven't stayed there either, but have similarly cavorted about the place whilst staying elsewhere. I second the food recommendation! Both Primo Piato and Bar Riva were excellent - staying in the Martinique section of CBR, I ate at least 5 meals between those two locations. The lawn at night was just lovely, beautiful, peaceful, serene. And the murals are just ... Disney magic.

I hated RIV from the concept art. Absolutely one of those who complained that it was a generic luxury hotel, no Disney magic, etc. But man... the more I reflect on the hours spent there last January, the more I kinda like the place. Love it, even.

I'd love to buy RIV resale. My only issue with it is that I might not be able to use the points when I can travel. As a teacher, my schedules are locked in stone. If the booking gets tight, I might miss out on availability. I did buy 2 OKW and 1 AKV resale, and a direct of 100 OKW points, all in one month. LOL!!! Jump in I guess. My first booking is March 2021. Got GFV for 3 nights, Riv for 2 nights, Bay Lake Tower for 3 nights. Wide-open availability when I booked. Saw this as my chance to try out the other resorts. Honesty, I think the resale market is a necessity. Once Disney got my direct money, it's my business how it gets sold. They can buy it back and make NEW money on the old sale, or let it pass. As for the perks: I don't see why I should have any say so at all about if they offer blue/white/green/yellow perks... They want to entice with the blue. Ok- but at the moment I bought for hopeful perks since little is going on. They entice for their sales, not resale. Competition is good. Might not be any incentives, ppt or perks, without it. Regardless, I'm happy about all of my sales, but truly wish I'd paid even less for direct. Without resales, though, I'd only have the 100 direct. It's too expensive for us low paid workers.

Waitlist or did you snatch it up? Congratulations!

I think it was both? I had the waitlist set up but then during my stalking the 1 bedroom showed up so I booked and canceled the studio waitlist.

As soon as I did, it popped up as available so I have a feeling it was my waitlist room that got released when I canceled it. Quickly booked it.

It has happened to me a quite a few times now to be a coincidence.

You'll probably get your Reflections points before that.
:rotfl2:Good one.
I am soon to be retired, and have been thinking about my own personal-use pickup truck for many years.
As long as Cyber-Truck delivery materializes while I'm still fully capable of driving ('cuz I didn't order the FullSelfDrive (FSD) option,
I will be okay with that! :thumbsup2

rivian is the way to go. or atlis if you need heavier duty (though that one will be quite a while). the cybertruck looks like a pontiac aztek, and no one would pay $20 for one of those. we were waiting for the gmc hummer, but alas, it looks like a hummer (which i guess i shouldve seen coming).

Yeah, I would never have even looked at DVC if not for the solid resale history and the ability to get out of the contract easily. My general opinion is that timeshares are a bad idea at best, predatory at worst, and mostly in the predatory column. Of course, there are always a few buyers who work the system to their advantage, but for the vast majority, timeshares are an expensive mistake.

I dislike that DVC is leaning more towards traditional timeshare policies. But, there are still a good 20+ years to enjoy the current system. So I will enjoy it while I can.
Yes, it is sad that DVC is leaning this way, but there is no denying it. Regardless, it is still the very best timeshare on the market. But where would the second place trophy go to in regards of worthy timeshares? Which other brand comes in right behind Disney?

Just as some think it is foolish to buy luxury cars, many people do buy them. People want, well what they want. There is a lot to like about Riviera. Having home resort advantage is a draw for many. I think it appeals to couples, that like Epcot and Hollywood studios and being on the skyliner. The restaurants get very good reviews. While Copper Creek is nice, transportation options are limited as are parks. Also right now I think they have the worst selection of restaurants.

As a teacher, my schedules are locked in stone. If the booking gets tight, I might miss out on availability.

Just an idea. Maybe head out to Redweek (or Priceline) and book another brand's timeshare this summer? Those timeshares are VERY different systems, but they can be cheaper and some are locked into weeks. If you are looking for longer term summer rental, especially one that isn't all in on Disney, I think it's a decent option to look into. I seriously considered an off-brand property, until I realized I already have almost 5 timeshares, and that is crazy, hahah.

Just as some think it is foolish to buy luxury cars, many people do buy them. People want, well what they want. There is a lot to like about Riviera. Having home resort advantage is a draw for many. I think it appeals to couples, that like Epcot and Hollywood studios and being on the skyliner. The restaurants get very good reviews. While Copper Creek is nice, transportation options are limited as are parks. Also right now I think they have the worst selection of restaurants.
WL has the “worst selection of restaurants”.....put me down as strong disagree but respect your opinion.

WL has the “worst selection of restaurants”.....put me down as strong disagree but respect your opinion.
All depends on your taste. One thing for sure is that in downtown Orlando there are better restaurants for a way better price than Disney. So sometimes taking a 20 minutes ride is worth it.

I'm with you. Artist Point was our absolute favorite restaurant, though admittedly I haven't been since they turned it into a character meal. I've heard it has changed for the worse, which does make me sad. And Whispering Canyon makes my family so happy (from family-style BBQ to the antics of the waitstaff).

But everyone has their own tastes. When my kids were little, their favorite Moderate was Coronado Springs and we stayed there often. But I wasn't a fan of the restaurant there, primarily because I'm super sensitive to spices and run around screaming my mouth is on fire if you put more than a pinch of black pepper into my food. ;-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter