Riviera - Tower Studio or Reg Studio?

Dtw002

Mouseketeer
Hello, I booked the regular studio for a father/daughter trip (12) using the 40% off Disney visa promo. I’m now debating to switch to the tower studio, if still available, as it will save $400 across 3 nights.

Those rooms look so small though. What do you think? Worth the savings or just keep as is and move on?

Hello, I booked the regular studio for a father/daughter trip (12) using the 40% off Disney visa promo. I’m now debating to switch to the tower studio, if still available, as it will save $400 across 3 nights.

Those rooms look so small though. What do you think? Worth the savings or just keep as is and move on?
I know each family is different, but at 12 I would have much preferred to have my own bed on a father/daughter trip. I would just keep what you have and enjoy not stepping over each other in a tiny room.

The Tower Studio is approx. 255 sq feet and only has a queen sofa-wallbed.
The Deluxe Studio is approx. 423 sq feet and has a real queen bed and a queen sofa-wallbed.

You will have more space, 2 real beds and a lower price at Disney All Starts or Pop Century. And maybe even at the Mods.

Definitely the regular studio - $100 a day is worth making this trip something you'll both happily remember (i.e., assuming you don't live in a mansion.....or castle 🏰, think of the Tower Studio as your daughter's bedroom. Now, think of the two of you together in that room for 4 days/3 nights - if you get chills down your spine & the hairs on your arms stand up, go for the regular studio instead)

Last edited:

Ha! I think I knew the answer to this before asking....but still had to ask. As BillPa also said, if trying to save some money all stars, etc would be a good option.

It will be interesting to see how these rooms go over. People always say they just need a pillow and a mattress. Those rooms might put that statement to the test.

........(snip)........It will be interesting to see how these rooms go over. People always say they just need a pillow and a mattress. Those rooms might put that statement to the test.
Agree. I've already ruled the Tower rooms out for us. Maybe they'd be OK for a solo trip or for 1 or 2 nights as a couple, but for more than that? Not for us, LOL. But I'm pretty much a1 bedroom person, who is occasionally OK with a studio for up to 3 nights as part of a split stay.

Agree. I've already ruled the Tower rooms out for us. Maybe they'd be OK for a solo trip or for 1 or 2 nights as a couple, but for more than that? Not for us, LOL. But I'm pretty much a1 bedroom person, who is occasionally OK with a studio for up to 3 nights as part of a split stay.
That's exactly our thinking - for DH & myself, maybe 1 night in a Tower studio just to try it out. We would only consider a regular studio for a night or 2 anyway, though - 2 weeks is just too long in one room with nowhere to roam, imho.

People always say they just need a pillow and a mattress. Those rooms might put that statement to the test.
I have never seen anyone say they only need a pillow and a mattress on DVC boards. On the contrary, most DVC members are quite specific about wanting more and wanting it right----which is why they bought DVC in the first place.
I agree with others. With a 12 year old daughter, take the regular Riviera studio, or as someone suggested try Pop for money saving and the new gondola transportation too. A Tower room would too intimate.

Last edited:
Stay at Riviera. "I remember when Dad took me to the grand opening of Riviera when I was 12. One of our best vacations ever." Stay Legendary!

I plan to waitlist for a regular studio pre-cruise. Would a tower studio be too small for a married couple in this situation?

I plan to waitlist for a regular studio pre-cruise. Would a tower studio be too small for a married couple in this situation?

For one night? I'd do it, knowing it's just a very basic room and not much of a place to hang out & relax.

I'm looking at the tower Studio for myself and a good friend, but am wondering if they would allow a cot... still two people in the room, but I don't think one queen bed would work for us. Shoot, if we could get the cot in there, we wouldn't even need the bed, just the cot and the couch.....

I'm looking at the tower Studio for myself and a good friend, but am wondering if they would allow a cot... still two people in the room, but I don't think one queen bed would work for us. Shoot, if we could get the cot in there, we wouldn't even need the bed, just the cot and the couch.....

I don't think so. Please confider there is probably not even a table in the room, no real kitchenette to speak of and fridge and other amenities are in the closet. They are tiny. I hope your friend is a very good friend :)
I've read people complaining how tiny are the BLT studios, it'll be interesting reading the reactions for the Tower studios.

(Having done an adults only long weekend in a BLT studio, I could imagine staying there with DH and my kids (8, 4) on a parks-intensive stay, so this is where I'm coming from.)

I could see doing a tower studio with one of my girls, if it were just the 2 of us, but no way would they want to share a bed in such tight quarters with Dad. I could also see staying in a tower studio with DH alone. But even with one of my closest girlfriends, I would go for a regular studio.

There are no such thing when it comes to booking a DVC villa. If you would like two different sleeping areas, you should go with a regular studio

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter