Rocky Mountain Highs (a non-Disney Trip Report) - COMPLETE 2/17

Yes, the plan is to save Alaska for the end. I have been to 49 states and Alaska is the only one I need. But the kids don't want me to hit 50 before they do, so they want to catch up and then all claim the 50th state together. We figured Alaska and Hawaii were the toughest ones to get so we took advantage of extra funds to cross Hawaii off the list a couple years ago. Hopefully more extra funding will come in before Alaska!

How neat that you will all cross off #50 together!

I did consider that, because we would love to be in one spot for 3 nights. Unfortunately, most of the hotels in Custer and Keystone are over $200/night, so this was more of an economic decision. The other factor was trying to do Rope Drop at the various sites--like you said, I expect crowds, and most of the tours of caves/missile sites are first-come, first-served. So the idea is to stay in Rapid City the first night to give us a shorter drive to the missile site in the morning, and then Custer for the shorter drive to the caves the next two mornings.

Got it!

Oh joy! I was hoping Tuesday would give us a break! So how early do I need to be there? Do I need to be in the parking lot waiting for the rangers to open up?

I don't know how early - I bet you could call and ask a ranger for a guesstimate once it gets closer to your trip. I'm sure its nothing extreme like Minuteman ... we did the natural entrance tour and were planning on the second tour of the day, but had to wait for the third tour - we arrived about 15-20 minutes before the second tour and that was clearly too late. Not a huge deal for us, but if you have travel plans that day or want to do one of the tours that don't run so frequently, then you probably need a better plan than we had for the morning.

Great wrap-up Captain! Even though I'd seen the David-sleeping-patterns photos before, I clicked on the link and I think I laughed as hard as the first time. I had forgotten that he actually did a headstand.

The trip plans look good, yes, a lot of driving. I want video of when you drive the Oregon Trail backwards. Do you plan to use your rearview mirror or crane your head around to look out the back window?

And it should be.

Jeff Goldblum is a punk.

:sad1: Ummmm... yeah...

I keep thinking that as well.

Don't worry, we're patient.:thumbsup2

You never stood a chance there.

Not in the least. Meddling with forces I can't possibly comprehend.

Hello pot, my name's kettle.

At least we're in the same boat.

Yeah, I'd advise against it.
Especially that whole taking on responsibilities part of it.

That's just the worst!

Now you're talking.
Can't see a down side to that plan.

I really should look into this further.

And yet, invariable, she will (and you know it).

Just let me have my day dreams! They're all I've got!

For we've received orders for to sail back to Boston. And so nevermore shall we see you again.

And we’re gonn’a need a bigger boat.

+1:thumbsup2

Social media isn’t an accurate representation of actual life?

Well call me gobsmacked by this revelation.

There are a few honest folks out there. They're my favorites.

I knew I liked that girl.

She currently holds the title of Barry's Favorite Oblivious Family Member.

Doesn’t stop anyone from trying though.

Well, that's the American can-do spirit.

More like cookies and cream then?

Oooh, that sounds delicious!

I know of many folks who repeat the same actions in search of a different outcome.

There's a word for that...

Naturally. That answers the question.

Oh, number ”s”…
I missed the plural there.

:confused3

There’s the list that I need to write down somewhere.

I think Snake River Brewing Co. was worthy of being remembered as well.

Will be cataloging that one as well.

Oh man, that's a great drive.

Even more awesometastic than before

It's slowly filling up...

As a poor man…
I approve of this concept.

Excellent! Because that's all I got.

Boring?
Any place that boasts such marvels as CarHenge, a Squirrel Cage Jail house, and the Nuclear Waste Adventure Trail, can’t be categorized as boring.

Secret?
I - don’t – think - so… :rolleyes1:

Dang it! I can never pull off a surprise!

Drew will be the wild card here.
At this age he’ll sleep less and be restless more. But y’all know that…
I’m looking forward to the hearing of the ingenious lengths to which y’all go to mitigate that issue.

Ingenious? I don't know that you'll see anything of the sort. The name of the game is distraction!

Basically a ring around Iowa then…

untitled-jpg.152698

Quite the drive...
I like it!

Pretty much. We'll cross the border into Iowa so we can claim credit for being there. That's about it.

That's pretty much the route we'll take, although I think I had us taking more of a straight shot from Green Bay to Minneapolis.

Now you know that you should never-ever give me that much latitude to respond!

There "might" be a few "plausibly" worthwhile site in this list. Not many, but some.
I suspect you're gonn’a be too busy seeing real sights, but you did ask. So....

Actually, there are several spots you noted that I had on my list as well.

. Aerial Lift Bridge - Duluth MN

On the list!

. Headwaters of the Mississippi River at Itasca State Park - Park Rapids, MN

On the list!

. No. 10 Saloon - Deadwood, SD {just dont sit with your back to the door}

Regrettably, I don't think we'll see this one. We'll have to tip a cap for Wild Bill as we drive by.

. Putz-n-Glo Indoor Black Light Miniature Golf
{Because… it's Indoor Black Light Miniature Golf for Peat's sake!)

I just love that "Putz" is in the name.:thumbsup2

Hard to beat an ICBM Complex, but while you’re stopped in Wall SD, might as well see…
. The Six-Ton Prairie Dog - Cactus Flats, SD

Tempting, but...missile site.

. Chief Crazy Horse Memorial

I think we'll probably do a drive-by.

. Carhenge - Alliance, NE {would this - perchance - be that "major cultural site"?}

I guess I need to get up pretty early in the morning to fool you.

. Chimney Rock National Historic Site - Bayard, NE

On the list!

. USS Marlin and USS Hazard at Freedom Park - Omaha, NE
{Ships in Nebraska? You betch’em.}

How did I know you'd find the ships? Not sure here--I did hope to spend a little time unwinding after the drive at Lewis & Clark Landing.

. Fritz's Railroad Restaurant (Burgers delivered by model trains)
{three locations in Kansas City area including near WW-I Museum}

On the list! Because trains.

. Lincoln Home National Historic Site - Springfield, IL

Definitely maybe.

And we’re stunned that you’re stunned.

No, really. This is the internet equivalent of showing off your vacation pics at home. I'm always amazed when there's interest.

The wilderness must be explored – Kaw! Kaw!... Rawr!

tumblr_ky7bijo1kv1qaqyqoo1_250.gif

Just remember to pack chocolate…
You never know when it will come in handy.

Will do, sir! Maybe we'll see Kevin somewhere in the Dakotas.

How neat that you will all cross off #50 together!

That's the plan! I hope we can pull it off.

I don't know how early - I bet you could call and ask a ranger for a guesstimate once it gets closer to your trip. I'm sure its nothing extreme like Minuteman ... we did the natural entrance tour and were planning on the second tour of the day, but had to wait for the third tour - we arrived about 15-20 minutes before the second tour and that was clearly too late. Not a huge deal for us, but if you have travel plans that day or want to do one of the tours that don't run so frequently, then you probably need a better plan than we had for the morning.

I'm just figuring on trying to be there as close to the park opening as I can. My only worry on that front is running ourselves ragged. Sometimes it's hard to get 6 people moving in the morning.

Great wrap-up Captain! Even though I'd seen the David-sleeping-patterns photos before, I clicked on the link and I think I laughed as hard as the first time. I had forgotten that he actually did a headstand.

I hadn't looked at those in a while, and I got a good laugh too. That moment was just so...out there.:rotfl2:

The trip plans look good, yes, a lot of driving. I want video of when you drive the Oregon Trail backwards. Do you plan to use your rearview mirror or crane your head around to look out the back window?

Side-view mirrors. I learned it all from Mater.:thumbsup2

Not in the least. Meddling with forces I can't possibly comprehend.
But at least you know that…
and knowing is half the battle.

You still lose the battle and the war, but you know about it.

She currently holds the title of Barry's Favorite Oblivious Family Member.
Got the both of ya’ wrapped ‘round those fingers I see.
Even more impressive.

Well, that's the American can-do spirit.
There’s another word that fits into this scenario.

There's a word for that...
Yep…
That’s the one.

I think Snake River Brewing Co. was worthy of being remembered as well.
Duly Noted.

Dang it! I can never pull off a surprise!
Sure you can. Remember, very few folks bother to read my commentary. I also seriously doubt anyone that’s not as mentally whacked as I would bother to poor over a map and figure it out beforehand. So… just go on ahead and write about it as if we’re all clueless (not such a stretch in the first place), and I’ll keep my trap zipped until afterward. See! Problem solved.

That's pretty much the route we'll take, although I think I had us taking more of a straight shot from Green Bay to Minneapolis.
Being someone that thinks in terms of maps I threw that together quickly just to visualize the route. At that scale you only see main roads, so I missed that SR-29 runs across the middle there.

Better choice.

We'll cross the border into Iowa so we can claim credit for being there. That's about it.
The Squirrel Cage Jail house in in Council Bluffs…
That would qualify as a stop within the state.

And you might need to be locking one or two young’ens up for a bit by that point in the trip anyway.

Actually, there are several spots you noted that I had on my list as well.
I figured that’d be the case, but…
You did ask for suggestions.

I just prefer to use the shotgun approach over precision in answering such queries.

Regrettably, I don't think we'll see this one. We'll have to tip a cap for Wild Bill as we drive by.
Well, given the tendency for planes-fires, it’s not the actual saloon or even the actual chair and table, so I doubt that Bill would be much put off.

I just love that "Putz" is in the name.:thumbsup2
Another reason that it may need to be added to the list one evening.

Tempting, but...missile site.
Do both.
I don’t think it will take all that long to grab a couple pictures of a Six-Ton Prairie Dog
(and Drew may need to walk around a bit).

How did I know you'd find the ships? Not sure here--I did hope to spend a little time unwinding after the drive at Lewis & Clark Landing.
Guilty as charged.
For y’all, I wouldn’t suggest going out of your way for ‘em anyhow.
It’s an “interesting” if fairly small and limited exhibit.
Not what I’d call spectacular by any stretch.

Better that you take an afternoon sometime in the future to see the Olympia.
Far more rare, historically significant and located in Philly.
Where you basically live.

On the list! Because trains.
Ya’ know what?
This make me very happy…

No, really. This is the internet equivalent of showing off your vacation pics at home. I'm always amazed when there's interest.
You vastly underestimate the entertainment value of the commentary.

Will do, sir! Maybe we'll see Kevin somewhere in the Dakotas.
Certainly at least a few fossils of her distant relatives.

Last edited:
But at least you know that…
and knowing is half the battle.

You still lose the battle and the war, but you know about it.

I still have time to negotiate a peaceful surrender.

Got the both of ya’ wrapped ‘round those fingers I see.
Even more impressive.

She's good.

There’s another word that fits into this scenario.

Yep…
That’s the one.

Well, I'm glad we could work that one out.

Duly Noted.

Mmmm....bison burger...

Sure you can. Remember, very few folks bother to read my commentary. I also seriously doubt anyone that’s not as mentally whacked as I would bother to poor over a map and figure it out beforehand. So… just go on ahead and write about it as if we’re all clueless (not such a stretch in the first place), and I’ll keep my trap zipped until afterward. See! Problem solved.

Well, I'll do my best. The rest of you will just have to act surprised when the time comes.

Being someone that thinks in terms of maps I threw that together quickly just to visualize the route. At that scale you only see main roads, so I missed that SR-29 runs across the middle there.

Better choice.

There's going to be way too much driving involved as it is!

The Squirrel Cage Jail house in in Council Bluffs…
That would qualify as a stop within the state.

And you might need to be locking one or two young’ens up for a bit by that point in the trip anyway.

I might be the one volunteering to be locked up!

I figured that’d be the case, but…
You did ask for suggestions.

I just prefer to use the shotgun approach over precision in answering such queries.

Works for me.:thumbsup2

Well, given the tendency for planes-fires, it’s not the actual saloon or even the actual chair and table, so I doubt that Bill would be much put off.

I've learned many times over that you just can't do everything on one visit.

Another reason that it may need to be added to the list one evening.

Sure. It would be autobiographical.

Do both.
I don’t think it will take all that long to grab a couple pictures of a Six-Ton Prairie Dog
(and Drew may need to walk around a bit).

It all depends on when we get to do the missile tour. We can kill time in the Badlands.

Guilty as charged.
For y’all, I wouldn’t suggest going out of your way for ‘em anyhow.
It’s an “interesting” if fairly small and limited exhibit.
Not what I’d call spectacular by any stretch.

Better that you take an afternoon sometime in the future to see the Olympia.
Far more rare, historically significant and located in Philly.
Where you basically live.

And a part of history you don't hear much about. Someday we'll have to make the trip.

Ya’ know what?
This make me very happy…

We saw how close it was to the WWI museum and thought Drew would flip out for it.

You vastly underestimate the entertainment value of the commentary.

Thank you, sir.:goodvibes

Certainly at least a few fossils of her distant relatives.

Maybe we'll need a walker, too. Just in case.

By the way, did you see the Junior Ranger badge display I posted on the previous page? I think you had asked about that before.

We want to look like a happy family, making wonderful memories and having amazing adventures year after year. Mother and Father fall deeper in love as time passes and the children are all dutiful, behaved and adorably cute.

Wait... you mean... this isn't the case?!?!?

Well, I believe in being honest.

LIES!!!!!-

When you spend this much time together in mostly confined spaces like rental vans and hotel rooms, things aren’t always going to go smoothly.

Oh, really? I'm shocked! Shocked!

and 1 big kid sleeps on the floor.

No mattress? or sleeping bag?

We had a little pup-tent contraption for the baby.

Hey! We did that when we drove to WDW when Kay was 4.

For starters, I snore. Apparently very loudly.

Welcome to the club!

This is not news to me, as sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night after a particularly vicious shove in the back from my adoring wife, trying to get me to roll over or change positions.

I am familiar with this.

In return, Julie steals the covers. It’s not uncommon for me to wake up (again) to find that I’m completely out in the cold while Julie basks in a cocoon of warm blankets. It takes a lot of work to re-claim my territory.

:sad2: There's a more effective method.
Grasp corner of blanket with both hands.
PULL!
This will cause Julie to spin in mid-air, but she won't mind.

holy crap! how is that even possible?!?

as she’s lying awake in our room at 2:17 a.m. and listening to snoring, grinding teeth, and general chaos, she’ll just yell out, “Everybody SHUT UP!!!”

It doesn’t work, but it makes her feel better.

:laughing: Poor kid.

But on balance, the rewards outweigh the trials.

And that's what it's all about.

Material things will break. Shared experiences last much longer.

::yes::

Top 7 Most Spectacular Sights

7. Geysers erupting, Yellowstone N.P., WY

6. Grand View Point, Canyonlands N.P., UT

5. View from the summit, Pikes Peak, CO

4. Standing above the tundra line, surrounded by the Rockies, Rocky Mountain NP, CO

3. The Teton Mountain Range from Mormon Row in early morning, Grand Teton NP, WY

2. Artist Point, Yellowstone N.P., WY

1. Delicate Arch amphitheater, Arches NP, UT

That... is one heck of a list! :worship:

Here’s the updated U.S. map of our travels:

Do the different colours of pins have any significance?

Looking at that map, you may notice that there is a large swatch of unexplored territory in the middle of the country.

We’ll be spending slightly over 2 weeks in the Bor—uh, the Heartland of America.

Go ahead. Say "boring".
Trust me. I know.

Friday: Boring driving day all the way across North Dakota. Possibly made more interesting if @pkondz is free and can meet for lunch in Fargo. Spend the night in Dickinson, ND.

I'm still hopeful. Will get back atcha when it's a bit closer.

Saturday: Drive to Chicago, IL. Visit Museum of Science & Industry. Maybe Willis Tower as well?

We really enjoyed Willis Tower. Stepping out in those glass boxes is an experience.

If you have any ideas or suggestions for this upcoming trip, I’d love to hear them!

1. I did. And you threw it back in my face. :snooty:
2. I think Rob's covered every possible excursion.

I always hope that it either inspires you in some small way to have your own adventure, and that it helps with your planning.

Oh definitely. I'm going to be going back over it in the future.

And I absolutely love reading the comments and feedback, and having conversations with all of you.

Feeling's mutual, dude.

And yes, please, I'll take any advice I can get!
I'm not sure what else to say offhand (other than what I did), but feel free to send any specific questions about the Rapid City area my way. :goodvibes

Thanks! So what are the special events/fireworks shows in the Twin Cities on the 4th of July?
It's been a few years since we saw a show, but I believe both St. Paul and Minneapolis downtowns have a big show. I remember seeing the Minneapolis one several years back from the roof of my dad's office downtown. It was a very good show. A lot of the suburbs have their own shows too, but likely not quite so big. And, of course, there are always all the people that trek to Wisconsin to buy their fireworks (can't in MN), then have their own shows in their driveways. We can see a lot of those from our vantage point. :rotfl:

And balloons!
Lot and lots of balloons.

Well, sure! How else will we get there?

Several very impressive collections there.
There aren't many folks that can boast of anything like 'em.

It's kinda fun to see the spoils of their travels together like that. I would have posted Dave's, but his are scattered around his room somewhere.

Wait... you mean... this isn't the case?!?!?

Well, I'm sure it is for most families. Just not ours.:rolleyes1

LIES!!!!!-

Most of time. I'm honest most of the time. Except when I'm not.

Oh, really? I'm shocked! Shocked!

I hope you were sitting down.

No mattress? or sleeping bag?

Sometimes we have a sleeping bag. Sometimes we just have extra blankets.

Hey! We did that when we drove to WDW when Kay was 4.

Was she in the pup tent or you?:confused3

Welcome to the club!

Hey, thanks! It's a prestigious group.

I am familiar with this.

I've caught her snoring too, but heaven forbid I shove her out of bed. I'm not doing that again.

:sad2: There's a more effective method.
Grasp corner of blanket with both hands.
PULL!
This will cause Julie to spin in mid-air, but she won't mind.

Oh, well if she won't mind I'll definitely try it!

holy crap! how is that even possible?!?

:confused3 To this day, I don't know what he was doing, but I'll never forget it! :rotfl2:

:laughing: Poor kid.

We each have our cross to bear.

And that's what it's all about.

Absolutely!
That... is one heck of a list! :worship:

Thanks! We were very blessed on this trip!

Do the different colours of pins have any significance?

Yes! Blue denotes a place we spent the night. Red is a location we visited of some significance. There are only a couple of yellow pins left, marking spots where Julie and I have been without the kids. And there are some clear pins in there marking locations of Cheesecake Factories we've visited. Just because.

Go ahead. Say "boring".
Trust me. I know.

Are the Minnesota folks still reading? They might get upset again.

I'm still hopeful. Will get back atcha when it's a bit closer.

Fingers crossed! :hyper:

We really enjoyed Willis Tower. Stepping out in those glass boxes is an experience.

It looks cool! We went up to the top of the Hancock Tower last time we were there. The view was terrific.

1. I did. And you threw it back in my face. :snooty:
2. I think Rob's covered every possible excursion.

1. Did not. But you can see the map Rob drew of the itinerary. Trying to fit Winnipeg in was causing some serious struggle.

Oh definitely. I'm going to be going back over it in the future.

Cool! I hope it helps!

Feeling's mutual, dude.

Thanks, man. I'm glad you joined in.

I looked on two different days and they didn't show up on either occasion. :sad2:

I think there might be a browser issue. I had all my photos stored on Picasa. Recently Google said they are doing away with Picasa and moved everyone's photos to Google Photos. I tried posting these after the update, and they showed up fine on my work computer (I use Google Chrome here). But when I looked on my iPad at home, they didn't show up. This has me worried for future TR's. What browser are you using?

I'm not sure what else to say offhand (other than what I did), but feel free to send any specific questions about the Rapid City area my way. :goodvibes

Know any good places to eat in town?

It's been a few years since we saw a show, but I believe both St. Paul and Minneapolis downtowns have a big show. I remember seeing the Minneapolis one several years back from the roof of my dad's office downtown. It was a very good show. A lot of the suburbs have their own shows too, but likely not quite so big. And, of course, there are always all the people that trek to Wisconsin to buy their fireworks (can't in MN), then have their own shows in their driveways. We can see a lot of those from our vantage point. :rotfl:

We have some old friends in the area so we may end up hanging out with them. Sounds like there's no shortage of options.

I think there might be a browser issue. I had all my photos stored on Picasa. Recently Google said they are doing away with Picasa and moved everyone's photos to Google Photos. I tried posting these after the update, and they showed up fine on my work computer (I use Google Chrome here). But when I looked on my iPad at home, they didn't show up. This has me worried for future TR's. What browser are you using?

I'm old school and use IE on my computer. My phone uses Chrome and I do have Chrome on my computer, but only use it when IE won't show something. I do have silk on my Kindle Fire Tablet, but I don't think I used that to look at your report.

Well, I'm sure it is for most families. Just not ours.:rolleyes1

Ah. That explains it then.

Most of time. I'm honest most of the time. Except when I'm not.

Oh, good. I'm glad to hear.....

wait.

I hope you were sitting down.

I did. Unwillingly.

Was she in the pup tent or you?:confused3

:laughing: Well, she did look pretty cozy in there.

I've caught her snoring too, but heaven forbid I shove her out of bed. I'm not doing that again.

Yeah, that's something you can do... once.
"It was a leg spasm dear! Honest!"

Oh, well if she won't mind I'll definitely try it!

Let me know how much she liked it!!

Yes! Blue denotes a place we spent the night. Red is a location we visited of some significance. There are only a couple of yellow pins left, marking spots where Julie and I have been without the kids. And there are some clear pins in there marking locations of Cheesecake Factories we've visited. Just because.

Gotcha... and....

Cheesecake Factory... candidate for best restaurant in the world?

Are the Minnesota folks still reading? They might get upset again.

Oh! Sorry. Let me try that again.

Booooooooring!!!!!!!!

But you can see the map Rob drew of the itinerary. Trying to fit Winnipeg in was causing some serious struggle.

Yeah, I know, I know.

Some of you had asked about the kids' junior ranger badges, so I took a photo of Sarah's display in her room. She also put her Disney pin collection on the same board:

Qvd5Pr5ITHASxAFTUM7uhw-lF6Lx16IUJf_7KN7MR3JVjqx7lwV4d71_6T3UmZSWFDLVGsEtlQNltBLD4rFANC0gXNJRhPajz-r2ZIyyqOUbSKJ74g7T6SvIziDPlqBVFboBogbWtmiXZcYPXVP7GYEGHTxsz-jIaZrdkZRXZTlgFH6UMyz70C-nfaVhOtC9Hr3RBeAcjuwOyNcZ_eyT3GQLxRrJiQXBgTbjSgpTGYtmKh3CgJLISfAlsmQbR-JEs4GrxdMXWI00r6xvDJykKEMPIXgI4yPHGIMbuSLsjXs-ejQETyb7YCqqA636Aps57FTU-wLdR92HAOHuPYBvRr28jRQ-CY6Vnnb7pdsAWn3YcEiMudZ4paavrYTxgLsxelNtHhA9i5OKxcBSuoO4sK1SRXSJhAmEVp2ys9HkqECDO1gd1wRDLcqdeVLOu4Kk_kUXrfsICohFbI-paY5cSbI_YjJYZYdTTDs512QSk5Pc9KvWV3fwUnHfBiCeI7w29ytDKNIoKeRzSdGNb5oPdkolxaXBQGlUPMcpmrHeOMmaM5dN5b18-x8DrFE8FgbwK6zQ=w769-h1025-no

As a bonus, here's Sarah's vintage travel postcard display on her closet door (with "vintage" Muppet postcards too!):

i-KwpMpvTxGfrYvThIhL9i7VV55Os1RArryTVF8pyw1kn2BVRF-Xv4Ekjk9pYBwCHEZYwOVKPGKg4byPW1eGJ65GCjtwOjzjkN_7RjaFF_0Agce3zaZJLgwuwTXLiRVXeDFh8U2uDYkjZB2SrW_cBYzWr8dUiJlMNggMFdYSaK-7aw9kI1hyk9GTPdrfM-wVbyadce0DLZU3dUhcqsf6biGpIp3MoQ2GZAf4GyAY63i31U3XVcQPXicemEeE06OGaAkDwzVCbX7PnPnH_K1SM69w2ILOz8sNEz4-8kr4N6VwXbCi90nb706nQ_siVOjn7ky2FUfktROuiplYBUHMkjbwQCPQlEmewRxyUQFXcxS_waN6Q40TD0b2_P9lqNyI2w0FThenJN5DUxWs1gcuCtcwHBbEioNeJ8ChjrZtkRBLPrQW-Vofn3ykiYJ3viCl73_CnppiQ915Ba247XbH6Ne3RBej_LgbhD2HhslRsfD-eVNFkK0lt4FyydsdSzvVKq3IjiKFG2pEvgUI7up-oW5E0rinbf-eybG55-QvXyoslhxexZmi1hL5fouKXyfeKq2f=w769-h1025-no

And Scotty has an impressive pin collection as well:

I1398LFG6LilpskLgMK6dYRSA_WDly7dbOsW0-lxGMZdpxmKuGrWpa7r0WyQWunxYaqYzKSt38Blk-qWcX8GnWV7CqNNBnvjeOCcEjON904bpt90i5XZsK4IVGQ3I8-KZysbcJO8F1-NpQrKt1ZNZDwznv87W4Xx23wGtnc1gemG9gp7AfEJDod3MPhOo4-9ikUrrwUz_loFLHRsXVdJzkMhRIMpeECZyCi7hee_3Udtxaln3lCgWZwPh8s3tRAmp5KGS_PLG8VfBx7z7LIGOV7DEYYa8VMyfZax3JyHftoNym_JdhulsLd-_nBBzoC10GWGg-cLSN_kbKSP9zHdKEOqixbrH4lPVj2keCPM16nqVhMzq0HnuGuoYP9fft1IIaRsHsqnPNnu_yLIh91q8xFU69cWffq4HdMPbr_l4l9FrnpzWIKRmMWL4X0sb0MIGi7Jv5csXQCN8mAZ30hpFgybrKdtVtEI6IhxBfp_Ibe5bPUXM0AMnYt42rHyOoc9MvC0QqDSce8pl0Vjp1tBxHE1UWjQxAPRoykQ9wwu4g5uXOchzSccqT3lrUGEU1I_Oz6L=w769-h1025-no

Hi Mark! I just wanted to chime in that I can't see the picture either with Safari on the iPad...

I loved the trip report and now need to plan a trip to Yellowstone! @nodnol already convinced me to go to Utah. Looking forward to hearing about how the plans for this summer turned out! Fun fact: my father has only been to the US once in his life and the place he visited? Lincoln, Nebraska! It was part of a UNESCO subcommittee for engineers that are involved with refurbishing historic buildings and there was some exceptional work done at the State Capitol there.

I'm old school and use IE on my computer. My phone uses Chrome and I do have Chrome on my computer, but only use it when IE won't show something. I do have silk on my Kindle Fire Tablet, but I don't think I used that to look at your report.

Hi Mark! I just wanted to chime in that I can't see the picture either with Safari on the iPad...

I'm not sure what the deal is, but I suspect it has something to do with the switch from Picasa to Google Photos. I tried a test post above to see if that makes any difference. Let me know if you can see it.

Oh, good. I'm glad to hear.....

wait.

Made you look.

I did. Unwillingly.

Well...I'm still glad you're here.

:laughing: Well, she did look pretty cozy in there.

I sure hope so!

Yeah, that's something you can do... once.
"It was a leg spasm dear! Honest!"

I just know I'd be bringing down hellfire and brimstone for a long time afterwards. Better to suffer in silence.

Let me know how much she liked it!!

Um...I'll try it tomorrow.

Gotcha... and....

Cheesecake Factory... candidate for best restaurant in the world?

Oh, I don't know. We do like it. Probably because it's so good for you. But there's something about discovering the local non-chain places that is more fun.

Oh! Sorry. Let me try that again.

Booooooooring!!!!!!!!

:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

Yeah, I know, I know.

Someday...

I would love to see the Canadian Rockies.

I loved the trip report and now need to plan a trip to Yellowstone! @nodnol already convinced me to go to Utah. Looking forward to hearing about how the plans for this summer turned out! Fun fact: my father has only been to the US once in his life and the place he visited? Lincoln, Nebraska! It was part of a UNESCO subcommittee for engineers that are involved with refurbishing historic buildings and there was some exceptional work done at the State Capitol there.

Yes, please go! I'm expecting that you will soon inspire me to visit Yosemite as well.

So how did he like Lincoln! Funny that it's the only American location he ever got to see.

:thumbsup2 Works for me.

Question: the row of pins beneath the ranger badges...
Can't quite make them out; where are they from?

Those are a set of 6 that reflect the National Parks of the Pacific--5 in Hawaii plus American Samoa. We figured we got to 5 out of 6, so that's not bad.

They're slightly clearer in Scotty's collection. He got a similar set reflecting the parks of Utah.

7xuwS3alGh2Vb9XykyXDryJ4_PMBtNzpaG2Mm5kID8xqzvgGqNZRLMraQn9cSa7r0qH0LfyHwdiPuvGn_hjwZs88OwkHshw2qFGEoxZa7Q6wH-nTzMnxKeQbKne_gc0Nfc0RymoTO-nmzumcC8b5F3Dr9A9C1TMDmdXpOyXOsNzi0GMFpC6MfjLN7iDCCLtp2Uvp6EsL9cMwoaJT7x2HZpyTquqcvYlMLUDiq4Vul8EZCK2pvhsHIhrkKb2WdsfxDkKU1zZ_tKE-AHBUVtJ3HPlPxBSz-yAvYG9GTD-yHrWrOEcL_B9PzqvNOtFIkF9oplpP4GYZsxE-MxIExy59Yyv1CWjK1g3DV0lEEAf_2urqqJr3VdqsEO38hnOKW5H4HJup1AWnagWeIrteYVahy31ym-3F8UOZsfMJQnG5FnPB4CT4GA3uNpZL96rDiivCvwyH6TN7-drh_hH2lx09TKavRIjWBhR6bgQrCmbUMGgblSw5vMDBRAPBBpkOL9Y6j6DguQVRB2j6IyKTAnHK-8osvi-UMjMSlrgx9UseWfAqBhaHcI_QGcr1kQmHBt9NG5cq=w769-h1025-no

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!