Rode Flight of Passage for first time

briemer99

Pirate's Life
Rode twice standby and I was left speechless. I've been on just about every motion simulator in Orlando and this left me blown away. I knew going in that it had gotten rave reviews but didn't expect it to be so good. I was most amazed by the music and the depth, everywhere you look on the screen you notice new details and you can see down through the trees, it didn't even look computer generated. I can't imagine there will ever be another ride or simulator (didn't even feel like one) that matches this one in terms of immersiveness and realism.

I'm wondering if I can handle it. Soarin makes me a little woozy, but I can do it. How is FOP for those with mild motion sickness?

I'm wondering if I can handle it. Soarin makes me a little woozy, but I can do it. How is FOP for those with mild motion sickness?

I am a bit concerned about that as well. I get sick on anything that spins and now even on some coasters :( My last trip to WDW I took Dramamine every morning and was fine, other than EE once it started moving backwards. Our FP for FOP is around 1:45 pm so thinking if I end up not feeling well I will at least have done everything else in the park that day already. Also, I know the actual movement is pretty negligible from what I have heard, so hoping I can just close my eyes if I don;t feel well.

I cried a little too when it was over! I was able to ride Soarin and Star Tours without my Dramamine (forgot it in the room) and I was fine with FOP. I have a touch of vertigo and it was fine. Just able to look around and if I felt weird I look to the side at the other people and get my bearings for just a sec. But Dramamine is my friend!

We rode it for the first time in July, and I had the same response as you did. I knew it was going to be good, but it was REALLY good. Great ride!

My last trip to WDW I took Dramamine every morning and was fine, other than EE once it started moving backwards.

If you want to ride EE again, shout or yell on the backwards portion. Don't know why it works, but it does. Something to do with breathing out. I felt yucky on my 1st ride, then someone told me to do that.

Funny thing about FoP is that for being one of the most popular rides, it's the one you will be able to do in your living room soon.. with VR headset and a motion chair (And a squirt gun). I can see it being a ghost ride within the decade.

I found it even more amazing when we caught the scenes from the movie when Sully did his matching with his Banshee. It's very evident what parts of the movie they used for inspiration for the ride or at least heavily influenced it

Funny thing about FoP is that for being one of the most popular rides, it's the one you will be able to do in your living room soon.. with VR headset and a motion chair (And a squirt gun). I can see it being a ghost ride within the decade.
Somehow I am not sure where I'll get the bike with the feel of the banshee breathing in my living room. Unless I find a Great Dane or St. Berard that will let me ride it ;)

It was an absolute joy to watch my daughter ride for the first time a few weeks ago. She finally found her courage and loved every minute of it.

I now get a "little fuzzy" on most of the coasters. Can't ride them back to back (other than Mine train and SDD), orange on mission space is the same as the EE or SM - a little fuzzy.

No problems with FOP whatsoever, it's awesome!!!! I get a little height anxiety on Soarin' but none of FOP.

I get motion sickness fairly easily. Soarin gets me just a little. Without providing spoilers, FOP does a good job of breaking up the excessive motion. They also blow air in your face which helps me. And if all else fails you can just close your eyes as my wife does from time to time.

Rode twice standby and I was left speechless. I've been on just about every motion simulator in Orlando and this left me blown away. I knew going in that it had gotten rave reviews but didn't expect it to be so good. I was most amazed by the music and the depth, everywhere you look on the screen you notice new details and you can see down through the trees, it didn't even look computer generated. I can't imagine there will ever be another ride or simulator (didn't even feel like one) that matches this one in terms of immersiveness and realism.
How long was the wait?

I can't wait to ride it in November! I'm praying for an early morning FP and then ride it again at closing!

How long was the wait?
80 min around 1 pm on Saturday, but ended up being around 90 due to theater malfunctions. Then got in line 10 min before park closed and about a 40-50 min wait but line moved continuously due to no FP+. Highly encourage you do do standby at least once because the queue is incredible

It is amazing. It’s been a year since I’ve been on it and I get butterflies just thinking about it. I can’t wait to go back next year and ride it again. It was beyond amazing. It felt like you were flying even though logically you knew you were on the ground. It was so realistic my DS8 (at the time) cried (which sucked but) he’s not afraid of any ride. But that was too real for him.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter