ROFR Thread April to June 2018 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Preacherroe---$90-$23230-250-SSR-Jun-0/17, 17/18, 250/19, 250/20- sent 5/14, taken 6/14

So the owner gets to sell his contract back to Disney; the agent still gets the commission; Disney gets to get their points back at a fraction of the original price. And what do I get?? In the words of Barney Fife...HEARTACHE!

Sorry it got taken. DVC seems to be buying almost all SSR $95 and under it seems. They are buying it back for more than the original offering. But if you buy it today it’s a lot more from DVC.

Aug 4, 2003 -- $89 per point (SSR Sales begin with $10 discount = $79) with expiration in 2054.
May, 2004 -- SSR opens.
May, 2004 -- $95 per point @SSR, $89 at other DVC resorts.

Preacherroe---$90-$23230-250-SSR-Jun-0/17, 17/18, 250/19, 250/20- sent 5/14, taken 6/14

So the owner gets to sell his contract back to Disney; the agent still gets the commission; Disney gets to get their points back at a fraction of the original price. And what do I get?? In the words of Barney Fife...HEARTACHE!
Sorry for your loss!

Yes seller credited for 2019 dues and is paying closing.
Very nice. Congratulations. I have learned alot on these boards. I purchased 2 resales in Feb/March and never thought to ask for any of that, but if I do further purchasing in the future I now know it doesn't hurt to ask thanks to everyone on these boards :)

I don't think it really matters to be honest. We're mostly trying to get a general idea of pass vs. taken and what people are paying (or attempting to pay) for each. It's already a surprisingly complex formula as it is. I should know -- I built the 1995-looking web site that you use to generate it, and it took me a lot more debugging and tweaking than I thought it would when I got the silly idea to build it in the first place! It could still use some work, but it seems to serve it's purpose.
Thank you for all of your hard work creating this masterpiece. It was definitely helpful to me as I looked to buy my first resale contract.

Anyways, now that the thread has devolved into Yodaisms and haikus (soon, probably), I am wondering whether they will burn off their ROFR budget in the first half of the year and slow down the buybacks in the second half? I’m just musing, of course, as I don’t think we’ve ever seen so many contracts taken in the time I’ve been on this thread, which is a few years now.

Anyways, now that the thread has devolved into Yodaisms and haikus (soon, probably), I am wondering whether they will burn off their ROFR budget in the first half of the year and slow down the buybacks in the second half? I’m just musing, of course, as I don’t think we’ve ever seen so many contracts taken in the time I’ve been on this thread, which is a few years now.

Lots of money, they have. Slow down, they will not.

Just a thought, but since Disney have increased the minimum point requirement for direct membership from 25 to 75 points, I wonder if this has had an impact on the number of direct purchase points they require for older resorts? That's a 3:1 increase in the number of points required, and I guess a lot of resale buyers will still want to top up to get the 'perks'.

The hypothesis will fit in our scenario. If Disney ever waive one of our resale contracts, we will look to top up direct, which means they will need to have enough points at SSR to cover our request. Heck, some of the points might even come out of a well negotiated contract they have ROFR from us at some point!

Just a thought, but since Disney have increased the minimum point requirement for direct membership from 25 to 75 points, I wonder if this has had an impact on the number of direct purchase points they require for older resorts? That's a 3:1 increase in the number of points required, and I guess a lot of resale buyers will still want to top up to get the 'perks'.

My thoughts exactly. The Mouse needs more because of the 75 minimum cool kids rule ..... the Mouse adds more cool kids (actual or perceived benefits) ........ people won’t slow down wanting to be cool kids (including us) ..... so the Mouse needs to buy more.

We wil likely buy the Gold passes going forward as things stand since we typically don’t go to WDW during the April or December blackout dates. That’s a large savings for us that made it worthwhile (yes, no guarantees that it stays a benefit).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!