ROFR Thread Jan to March 2020 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is so brutal I don't think i'll ever use https://www.fidelityresales.com/disney-timeshares again. They didn't informed about passing ROFR until I reached out. And now still no closing documents. My two other resales sent me closing packages the next day. I guess I shouldn't keep my hopes high on using these points for a January stay at the boardwalk.

I used Fidelity once and while they were just o-kay, it was First American Title Company that was absolutely atrocious :headache: They took 7 WEEKS to send my closing documents after passing ROFR :furious: At that time I was unaware that as the buyer, you can request which title company you want to use and I would strongly recommend NEVER using First American :eek: I believe that is who Fidelity uses almost exclusively :scratchin

I used Fidelity once and while they were just o-kay, it was First American Title Company that was absolutely atrocious :headache: They took 7 WEEKS to send my closing documents after passing ROFR :furious: At that time I was unaware that as the buyer, you can request which title company you want to use and I would strongly recommend NEVER using First American :eek: I believe that is who Fidelity uses almost exclusively :scratchin
My first was with magic and I requested them the second time. This time with fidelity I thought all title companies would be the same. Big mistake and here I thought the worse was over.

Last edited:
We're using first American for our title Co with dvc resale.....no issue with them yet. Literally just sent the closing docs back to them today on our aulani closing.

Resale market is great. I love their responsiveness. Looked at that one but didn't want a stripped. Congrats on it passing!
I agree. Waiting for ROFR now with resale market. Communication is great! Has anyone used **********.com or dvcsales.com before? Just curious how the others fair.

I'm also going through fidelity right now (waiting on ROFR) ,but so far the communication has been good. The agent I have is very responsive and answers questions quickly. The title company we got assigned to was Mason Title. Does anyone have any experience with them?

I'm also going through fidelity right now (waiting on ROFR) ,but so far the communication has been good. The agent I have is very responsive and answers questions quickly. The title company we got assigned to was Mason Title. Does anyone have any experience with them?

Mason Title was terrific when I used them so hopefully you will be all set :goodvibes

Gentle reminder. Please be sure to post the links to businesses you are discussing, as per the rules, vs just posting the name.

Thank you.

bebec22---$150-$16293-100-BLT-Feb-0/19, 100/20, 100/21- sent 1/6, passed 1/14

Woohoo!! My 3rd contract. The very first contract that I tried to buy last year was from the same sellers that this contract is from. That one was taken by Disney (I ended up purchasing a different one from different sellers and then added some direct points.) I recognized the names on this contract when I got the paperwork so I looked back at my old paperwork. What are the chances?

So pleased with The Timeshare Store once again (www.dvcstore.com)

Mason is awesome!

I had a 120pt at AKV for $104 pass on 1/8, so here’s hoping you do, too!

That's definitely promising! I expected the seller to negotiate a little more but they accepted our offer at $104 and I was like "okay, I guess this is happening - for better or for worse!" It's probably a borderline price as far as ROFR but maybe we'll get lucky like you! Fortunately we're not in any rush, so we can just try again later if Disney takes this one. We have an October UY on our other contracts, so we have to match and there just aren't that many October contracts at AKV, so we figured it was worth a shot to try for this one.

That's definitely promising! I expected the seller to negotiate a little more but they accepted our offer at $104 and I was like "okay, I guess this is happening - for better or for worse!" It's probably a borderline price as far as ROFR but maybe we'll get lucky like you! Fortunately we're not in any rush, so we can just try again later if Disney takes this one. We have an October UY on our other contracts, so we have to match and there just aren't that many October contracts at AKV, so we figured it was worth a shot to try for this one.
Just curious...why are there not that many Oct UY contracts? We recently snagged an Oct UY at PVB and I love AKL and just thinking for the future.

Uh oh, that's my title company. They received my deposit check last Monday, cashed yesterday. It passed yesterday, so I'm not sure if they held the check for that. I'll update when I get closing papers.

Just curious...why are there not that many Oct UY contracts? We recently snagged an Oct UY at PVB and I love AKL and just thinking for the future.
It's different for each resort. I once looked up our UY and it was only around 9% or so for October. We already had October UY with Poly, so we stuck with it. I found the link but not sure if they will let me post it on this page... Google "DVC use year distribution". It's out there and easy to find. Pretty fascinating info, actually!

It's different for each resort. I once looked up our UY and it was only around 9% or so for October. We already had October UY with Poly, so we stuck with it. I found the link but not sure if they will let me post it on this page... Google "DVC use year distribution". It's out there and easy to find. Pretty fascinating info, actually!

We have that challenge too, as September isn’t a popular use year in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter