ROFR Thread July to Sept 2019 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 31 is the last day you can bank those 96 points. I would ask the seller to bank them just incase of any delays.

Something I should have mentioned that was odd about this contract. Those 96 points are borrowed from 2020. Then in 2020 they have 119 banked points from 2019. I’m not sure what they were doing to have some borrowed and some banked like that. When you borrow points you can’t bank them again, right? That’s probably why they are paying the 19 MF and is why I was just thinking they may just expire. I will have two opportunities to use a small amount of points, but room availability will be an issue.

Something I should have mentioned that was odd about this contract. Those 96 points are borrowed from 2020. Then in 2020 they have 119 banked points from 2019. I’m not sure what they were doing to have some borrowed and some banked like that. When you borrow points you can’t bank them again, right? That’s probably why they are paying the 19 MF and is why I was just thinking they may just expire. I will have two opportunities to use a small amount of points, but room availability will be an issue.
I bought a contract that had wacky points like that. That can happen if an owner plans a trip and then it gets canceled (due to a life circumstance) or if they fall behind on MFs or mortgage payments.

UPDATE on AKV...

Tony McQ---$93.75-$15700-160-AKV-Feb-0/18, 0/19, 160/20, 160/21- sent 7/11, passed 7/29

My mind is completely blown on this one! Complete shot in the dark. Both great deals.

2-for-2 this round!
International sellers?

DisneyKid11---$82-$25629-300-OKW-Oct-0/18, 0/19, 300/20- sent 7/29, taken 8/18

We were expecting that. We already decided to switch gears to an AKL listing 😁

@Tommyboy18: This was listed on July 25 through Fidelity Resales. My agent was Bonnie. I was looking specifically for June or August use year. I inquired about a similar stripped contract earlier in the day, my email/info went into the system. While waiting to hear back on the other contract, an email with new listings came to my inbox and there it was, a diamond in the rough.

Why do you say that? Do the contracts take longer to close?

I ask cuz I am awaiting ROFR on a contract w an international seller.

Just a little more involved in those transactions, from what I understand. Although, no first hand experience. That said, people tend to fare well with international seller resale contracts.

Typically, yes. International contracts do take longer to close. This is primarily a delay on the sellers’ side. Unlike buyers, sellers’ documents need to be notarized. This will often involve making an appointment and taking a trip to the consulate for a notary public.

All that said, two of my resale contracts were with international sellers and both closed in just over 30 days. Delays will often be more dependent upon title company or the seller themselves (meaning if they were domestic you’d have the same delays) than by virtue of just being international. Good luck with ROFR.

Typically, yes. International contracts do take longer to close. This is primarily a delay on the sellers’ side. Unlike buyers, sellers’ documents need to be notarized. This will often involve making an appointment and taking a trip to the consulate for a notary public.

All that said, two of my resale contracts were with international sellers and both closed in just over 30 days. Delays will often be more dependent upon title company or the seller themselves (meaning if they were domestic you’d have the same delays) than by virtue of just being international. Good luck with ROFR.

I've bought from international sellers before as well. The additional "plus" is that they usually don't get taken in ROFR (I haven't seen one yet). I'm always surprised that, if you have the ability to wait a little longer, more people don't go for a good deal and better chances at ROFR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter