Rogue One: A Deluxe Diner/Foodie Goes Quick Service - Jun '17 Dining Review *NEW 6/23 D-Luxe*

You aren't crazy on Trader Sams. They definitely used to keep a list and distribute pagers. Looking forward to hearing more of your quick-serve adventure and will go back to hear about prior trips!

Day 2: Breakfast - Satul'i Canteen

First - let me say, I was stupid excited to try out Satul'i. We had originally planned to try our hand at both breakfast and lunch/dinner here. We didn't get to lunch or dinner (you'll have to read the trip report to find out why) but we did get breakfast!

Part of the draw here was I was SO excited to see Disney offering a very inventive, healthy menu at a counter service location. We have asked and Disney has listened. Thumbs up Disney, and keep up the great work!

We arrived around 8:30 AM. Originally, I wanted to order: Vegetable Goat Cheese Frittata - with wood-fired herb-crusted beef and chimichurri $9.99.

However, Lisa wanted the same thing - and you can't order the same thing when you're doing a dining review...so I changed it up and ordered the French Toast instead.

As I was waiting for my food, Lisa yelled out "Sorry Jess!" because she changed up her order after she realized the beef was served medium rare to rare. Lisa! It was too late and she didn't want French toast, so...I got this.

585F14DE-39A0-453E-BDBB-B20199B095E2_zpsrffdkjhx.jpg

Cinnamon French Toast - blueberry cheesecake dollop, passion fruit anglaise and sausage $7.99

This was still really yummy though! Normally I'm not a sweets person for breakfast, but I would order this again. It was made from thick, eggy bread with a cinnamon swirl. My only gripe, was that it needed something else - more sauces! The bread on its own wasn't flavorful enough and there wasn't enough sauce to go around with every bite. In combination though - it as all perfection. I normally put butter on my French toast at home, but they didn't have any. They do have maple syrup in little containers. It was just what this needed, and just like a kid, I dipped my sausage in the syrup.

Lisa ended up with this...
DSC_0651_zps8lprmxbk.jpg

Slow-roasted Pork Shoulder Potato Hassh - with chorizo sausage and natural jus $9.99

This dish was the clear winner (although I am a savory breakfast person). It was zesty, flavorful, well seasoned. Just yes yes yes to this! I believe this is a similar hash to what is served at lunch, but not the same - but it's so good!

Overall, I wish there were other ways to incorporate breakfast here into my trip! I look forward to returning in the future, and cannot WAIT to try lunch or dinner!

Last edited:
You aren't crazy on Trader Sams. They definitely used to keep a list and distribute pagers. Looking forward to hearing more of your quick-serve adventure and will go back to hear about prior trips!

Yay! Another day - and still not crazy. At least not about this. Phew!

Satul'i Canteen breakfast looks so good. The potato hash especially I like more savory things as well. Is this a CS or do you made an ADR?

My only gripe, was that it needed something else - more sauces! The bread on its own wasn't flavorful enough and there wasn't enough sauce to go around with every bite.

That's what it looks like to me! That there's just not enough to go around.

Looks great! Trader Sam's is on my radar for bevvies one night and I am definitely planning on Satu'li for lunch. Your breakfast looks yummy too though!

Subbing in to this review. I too have done both Table and Quick Service plans. For us the Table is too much food. We are going with the Quick Service again on our next trip. We have also done trips paying OOP. I like the plans because you pay ahead and just don't have to think about it while on vacation. Great report so far! Nice to see the Pandora offerings :)

Satul'i Canteen breakfast looks so good. The potato hash especially I like more savory things as well. Is this a CS or do you made an ADR?

It is a counter service/quick service credit on the dining plan. You can't make an ADR - but you can use mobile ordering if the lines are long. The mobile order pickup area is separate and works very much how the mobile order feature at Starbucks works.

That hash!! Looks like we will be going there for breakfast!!

It was AWESOME! The bits of smoked pork in there were really really tasty!

That's what it looks like to me! That there's just not enough to go around.

Not enough! It does look pretty though...but please Disney, drown my toast in sauce! It was yummy once I added syrup.

Looks great! Trader Sam's is on my radar for bevvies one night and I am definitely planning on Satu'li for lunch. Your breakfast looks yummy too though!

I do wish I would have managed to get here for lunch as well...but next time, for SURE!

Subbing in to this review. I too have done both Table and Quick Service plans. For us the Table is too much food. We are going with the Quick Service again on our next trip. We have also done trips paying OOP. I like the plans because you pay ahead and just don't have to think about it while on vacation. Great report so far! Nice to see the Pandora offerings :)

We have the Deluxe booked in December because its a special trip for us - but I go back and forth on that choice at least once a day.

Thank you for sharing, I have enjoyed your review so far!!

Thank you!

Day Two: Lunch - D-Luxe Burger

Prior to leaving, I knew there was a possibility we would be able to take an afternoon break from Animal Kingdom and could go to Disney Springs. I was planning on this being much later in the afternoon than what it ended up being (sorry for the spoiler to those reading my trip report). As a result - we were able to do lunch at Disney Springs instead of at Satu'li. I'm a little bummed about missing lunch at Satu'li, but I think Lisa wanted to try something else. Friends compromise, right?

Thankfully - I had my handy dandy, top secret list of places to try at Disney Springs should the opportunity present itself - which I'm so glad it did.

D-Luxe Burger was at the top of the list with B.B. Wolfe's Sausage Company and Blaze Pizza. Earl of Sandwich will always be a personal favorite - but due to work travels I now have access to plenty of Earl of Sandwich elsewhere.

After walking by both Blaze and B.B. Wolfe's I'm pretty confident we made the correct decision.

The line was decently long - we had to squeeze in to make it inside so we could enjoy the air conditioning.

We took a look at their menu...I'm not usually a huge red meat eater, but I enjoy a good burger every now and again. It's not that I don't like steak - I do - but I usually choose fish or chicken as my first choices.

293A5DC9-5ABA-4C05-ADB2-C41D80AB3C15_zps1v1aujdk.jpg

So - first - let's talk about the fact that you can now get ALCOHOL on the Dining plan next year! I know this change does not work for everybody - but it's one of the few recent changes Disney has made that positively impacts us, so HECK YES. While it's unknown if alcoholic milkshakes will be included - I'm hopefully they will be!

Anyway...

Lisa ordered The Classic and I ordered The Southern. Both with a side of fries. She ordered a plain chocolate shake (bo-ring!) and I ordered the Godiva Chocolate & Strawberry Malt.

50024ED7-3127-4DA8-9043-95FCDAE4581F_zpseqdmszcx.jpg

Let's start with Lisa's meal first - since she wanted to be a little more plain Jane.

B5F1714F-4014-48DD-A850-D81BFF520F33_zpsic0ak06y.jpg

So, I want to talk about how they do the lettuce on their burgers. This is GENIUS! HOW have I not thought of this before? They find these magic little heads of lettuce that are roughly the circumference of their buns (or, they pull off enough leaves to make them so), and just give you a healthy slice of the whole head of lettuce. I liked that you got a healthy bite of crunchy, crispy lettuce in every bite.

Lisa said her burger was extremely juicy, messy and cooked just right.

And the fries...Lisa went with buffalo bleu cheese and chipotle mayo for her dipping sauce.

309BF33B-3CFC-4045-942F-21E5AA0496CD_zpsy3v1sonl.jpg

Being a Southern transplant, there was no way in heck I was passing up the Southern burger. Pimento cheese? Yes, check. Fried green tomatoes? Yes, check. Bacon? You bet!

B2E9D9ED-9EB1-44EF-B198-2439D08ED23A_zpsuxc8yp9k.jpg

So...what reasonable person exactly can fit this burger in their mouth? This baby was HUGE.

I ordered my burger medium-rare, but it arrived more like medium - which was fine by me. This was RIDICULOUSLY juicy. See that roll of paper towel on the table in picture 1? Yeah - that is there for a very good reason. This was so good, I ate. it. all. Ya'll - all. of. it. It was AMAZING.

Next up, let's talk about fries.

3197DE8C-7B3F-462B-97F0-4CDE9A25CA4C_zpsbsxamtsf.jpg

I don't usually care for French fries, or potatoes in general, but I won't ever turn down some dipping sauce.

I thought you got the dipping sauces on your own - but Lisa said her cashier asked what she wanted. Mine didn't, so I flagged down a runner. Our conversation went like this?

Me: "Would it be a problem for me to get one of each of the dipping sauces?"

Runner: "Yes ma'am"

I had a minor blip before I realized he meant yes, he would get me some sauces and not yes, it would be a problem for me to have them. So here they are, in all their glory.

1F838589-2F57-43FA-99DD-55EE132B76AF_zps5p7lnqaw.jpg

Going clockwise from top left is: Horseradish, buffalo bleu cheese, honey mustard, chipotle mayo, curry ketchup and garlic ranch.

I like them all, BUT, the buffalo bleu cheese and chipotle mayo were the clear winners. Honorable mention goes to the curry ketchup.

The fries were also very good.

Last up, the milkshakes.

42191705-BADF-4737-B4FA-D1684B889747_zpsnq9zuwyj.jpg

Lisa's chocolate shake - very good. Rich, creamy and chocolatey. However, mine was the clear winner:

6436F021-969A-4F14-95EB-5B3324BC4967_zpsgllzuelx.jpg

It was made with Godiva white chocolate and strawberry syrup and was AMAZING. It wasn't super boozy, but was rich and creamy and the strawberries added a bright, fresh flavor. I LOVED this and am crossing my fingers these are included in the dining plan!

D-Luxe was not only D-Licious, it was an incredible value on the dining plan as a quick service credit. Totally worth going out of your way for!

Yum Yum we are definitely trying DLux in November :thumbsup2
So alcohol on the dining plan next year :drinking1:dance3:

Yum Yum we are definitely trying DLux in November :thumbsup2
So alcohol on the dining plan next year :drinking1:dance3:

Yes - official! Not a lot of details on what will be included/excluded.

For example: Alcohol? included. Specialty milkshakes? included. Alcoholic specialty milkshakes? We don't know. But let's all cross our fingers!

Those burgers look so good! I need to try one of these burgers. I love fresh cut fries like that and you can't go wrong with dipping sauces to go with! The milkshake looks delicious too. I should show dh this review when I get home tonight. I keep telling him we should try D-Luxe next trip and this might help win him over!

Those burgers look so good! I need to try one of these burgers. I love fresh cut fries like that and you can't go wrong with dipping sauces to go with! The milkshake looks delicious too. I should show dh this review when I get home tonight. I keep telling him we should try D-Luxe next trip and this might help win him over!

DEFINITELY try it - I was really torn about where to go, but I am so glad we picked this. This meal alone might have swayed me to the Disney Dining Plan instead of the Deluxe Dining Plan so we have more freedom to try Quick Service.

your burger looks amazing! must have!

It was AWESOME! How come burgers at home never taste this good?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter