Room only immediately following a 6-day reservation

DrummerBoy523

DIS Veteran
We booked a 6nt vacation at POFQ but the freq flyer miles we used were only available on a Monday-Monday stretch, so I bought 7-day tix and booked an additional room only night at POFQ for our last night. I'm a bit nervous about having to check in and deal with making sure our MBs work for the parks and resort for that last day - on top of the dining plan credits and finding a way to not having our luggage moved.

Does anyone have any experience with this? Is Disney normally pretty good about keeping us in the same room?

Help me not be nervous please 8-)

-your magic bands will work fine. they’re tied to your account, not a specific reservation
-did you book the dining plan for the 6 nights only? i’m pretty sure they’ll be based on 6 nights, and only available until midnight the day you “check out” from your first reservation. so you’ll want to budget any food you need the day before you leave for the airport
-in my experience, they will do what they can to link your two reservations, but unfortunately they are separate reservations. hopefully you’ll be able to stay in the same room, but it’s possible you won’t. that means you’ll check out and store your luggage with bell services, then have it delivered to your new room when it’s ready. my advice is to plan to spend “moving day,” if it happens, in a park since you will probably be roomless from 11-4. no biggie, as long as you don’t have a toddler who needs to nap.

Call now, and remind the CM at check-in regarding the continuing reservation. Ask at the Front Desk to please be able to stay in the same room.

-your magic bands will work fine. they’re tied to your account, not a specific reservation
-did you book the dining plan for the 6 nights only? i’m pretty sure they’ll be based on 6 nights, and only available until midnight the day you “check out” from your first reservation. so you’ll want to budget any food you need the day before you leave for the airport
-in my experience, they will do what they can to link your two reservations, but unfortunately they are separate reservations. hopefully you’ll be able to stay in the same room, but it’s possible you won’t. that means you’ll check out and store your luggage with bell services, then have it delivered to your new room when it’s ready. my advice is to plan to spend “moving day,” if it happens, in a park since you will probably be roomless from 11-4. no biggie, as long as you don’t have a toddler who needs to nap.
Our dining plan would be good through the day of checkout at midnight? So, on our checkout day, the dining plan should still work and we will be in the parks. We will leave the next day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!