Room Ready Notifications?

Sue M

DIS Veteran
Had anyone received room ready notifications by email or in App? Since we don’t get text. I’ve been hearing about room ready notifications on App. Relatively new. Most of the time I’ve been lucky and my room has been ready. But 2 yrs ago at Poly we were already in our room (checked at front desk to ask if room was ready) for 2 hours when we got room ready email.
Last Aug got our room at 8:00 am! But in Nov our flight lands at 4:30pm. So room should be ready when we arrive. However with resorts all full maybe not?
How have you received notification?

We did a split stay last month.

We checked into Pop at 9:30am and our room was ready.
We never got an email notification but it came up on the MDE app at about 3:00pm the following day.

Our room was ready at the Poly at about noon, and we actually got an email a few minutes past noon.

We never got an email notification but it came up on the MDE app at about 3:00pm the following day.

Our room was ready at the Poly at about noon, and we actually got an email a few minutes past noon.
:laughing: The next day! Perfect. Guess I should be lucky it only took my email 2 hrs. At POR I never got any notification.

We arrived early for our stay so our room wasn't ready. We were told it would be ready by 3pm so we wandered for a while. At 3:30 I still hadn't heard anything so we returned to the front desk (at POR). When I was next in line, sure enough I got the email. So their system does work.... for the most part. :)

Funny I had the exact opposite experience last month. We had a noon flight so I got the room ready email while on Magic Express, but it took until that evening or the next day to show up on MDE app.

We checked into akl today and we never got the email and the app still hasn’t updated. It is just after 11 pm we had to get the info from the front desk

Wow! Everyone has had such different experiences. Guess only reliable one is the Front Desk. I wish WDW would text us too. Seems like email (mine was) and App are a hit or miss. I was so hopeful about App notifications.

Have not gotten an email or notification in the app- but they did call my cell and my home number ( hubby got the call in ontario haha) in august to let me know

I just returned yesterday. I got an email at 2pm on my arrival day saying my room wasn't ready yet, and another one at 6pm to say it was ready. My plane didn't land until about 6:30 so it wasn't a problem for me, but I got both emails at the same time while I was waiting in line for Magical Express.

Last few times we've received texts and emails. We were quite surprised the first time since we were used to not receiving anything and would need to go check at the front desk.

Before those, they said they would text and email but we never received either of them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter