Room upgrade at POR

amyecpa

Mouseketeer
What do you think the chances are of getting a room upgrade at POR if we use Touring Plans to fax a request a few days before arrival? My DMIL booked a Pool View room. Those seem to be furthest from the food court and bus stops. I’d love something closer to the preferred. Thanks in advance for any input.

What do you think the chances are of getting a room upgrade at POR if we use Touring Plans to fax a request a few days before arrival? My DMIL booked a Pool View room. Those seem to be furthest from the food court and bus stops. I’d love something closer to the preferred. Thanks in advance for any input.

Slim to none. Requests are usually granted within your booking category.

They are all within a 5 minute walk to a bus stop and if she is in building 16, 17 or the Acadian or Magnolia mansons, they are 5 minutes from everything. Not sure what you were planning on requesting, but I would request room close to lobby.

They are all within a 5 minute walk to a bus stop and if she is in building 16, 17 or the Acadian or Magnolia mansons, they are 5 minutes from everything. Not sure what you were planning on requesting, but I would request room close to lobby.
Looking at map, I’m thinking Building 18???

I’ve never been given an upgrade. I’ve even tried asking before if there is any way to move to another room (hint hint) with no luck. Now I just book the room type that I want.

I've had pool view there a couple times, both VERY close to the food court area, one was literally the next a Preferred building.

Last edited:

That is Preferred. I think you would be wasting a request if you aren't booked Preferred. I would request logistics instead in hopes they get you as close to what you want to be as possible. Close to food and bus stops are two completely different directions based on the layout here so I would pick one.

Buildings are not classified as Preferred, rooms are. There are King, Preferred, and Pool View roons in building 18.

Buildings are not classified as Preferred, rooms are. There are King, Preferred, and Pool View roons in building 18.

I thought that 14, 15, 18, 27 were all Preferred buildings. So you are saying that in Building 18 if you get a room there booked only as a Pool View you could basically be getting a Preferred room without paying the upcharge for it? That would seem dumb on Disney's part when they could rent that room at a higher (and popular) rate.

I stand corrected, guess since they added Kings as bookable I didn't pay attention that these Buildings were anything other than Preferred.

I thought that 14, 15, 18, 27 were all Preferred buildings. So you are saying that in Building 18 if you get a room there booked only as a Pool View you could basically be getting a Preferred room without paying the upcharge for it? That would seem dumb on Disney's part when they could rent that room at a higher (and popular) rate.

I stand corrected, guess since they added Kings as bookable I didn't pay attention that these Buildings were anything other than Preferred.

Yeah, it's one of the reasons why I never refer to buildings as Preferred at POR or CBR. Both resorts will have King, Pool/Water View and Preferred Rooms in the same building.

If you don’t need the Murphy bed for a 5th person I’d request the mansion section pool views in Magnolia or Acadian are my fav location. I request a location close to the foot bridge. I love being on the river, so pretty.

Yeah, it's one of the reasons why I never refer to buildings as Preferred at POR or CBR. Both resorts will have King, Pool/Water View and Preferred Rooms in the same building.
Thanks for reminding me about the water view rooms qualify for preferred building #18, I keep forgetting:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter