Room upgrades at DLH- question

lworts

Earning My Ears
We are staying at DLH in August. We booked through a travel agent for FunSun Vacations. I am wondering if I should call ahead to request a specific tower, or wait until I am actually checking in an look for an upgrade. If you just ask will they sometimes accomodate?

Also, one of my dd's has GAD and is afraid of being on an upper floor. Do you think they would accomodate this?

Thanks

I've heard that if you call the hotel a few days before your arrival, they are more likely to be able to accomodate your request. More people prefer high floors, so a low floor shouldn't be a problem. If you have a standard view, I would request the Marina Tower. You can sometimes see the fireworks from the standard rooms in the Marina Tower, and it is a little closer to DL than the Bonita Tower. Sierra Tower is the closest, but I believe most Sierra Tower rooms are view rooms. Of course, you could request Sierra as first choice, hoping for an upgrade, with Marina you second choice.

I would definitely call in advance and mention your DD's condition. If being on a higher floor could really ruin your vacation, I would ask your DD's doctor for a letter explaining this. On the chance that the DLH ignores your verbal request this would help you get moved the day you check in.
If it was me, I would call 3-4 days in advance of your stay and make your requests and also, at this time, fax the letter to the hotel. (Make sure and tell them you are faxing a doctor's request.) I've been told that the hotels make the actual room assignments 3-4 days before your arrival.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter