Room Views for a first timer

medievaldave

DIS Veteran
Hello everyone we have a couple questions to ask

1. This is our first trip to Aulani and would like to know opinions on studio deluxe rooms with views (hotel, Garden, pool and ocean)? I'm sure we'll be enjoying the room more due to no theme parks to visit.

2. Does Disney have excursions to sing up for?

Hello everyone we have a couple questions to ask

1. This is our first trip to Aulani and would like to know opinions on studio deluxe rooms with views (hotel, Garden, pool and ocean)? I'm sure we'll be enjoying the room more due to no theme parks to visit.

2. Does Disney have excursions to sing up for?

1) We've gone 3 times and had an Ocean view each time. We plan on going back many more times in the future and will likely get an Ocean view as many times as we can. Yes it is the most expensive, but we've never regretted it. We've been lucky enough to have a room on the highest floor each time as well, so the ocean view is really well worth it there! I know many will disagree and would rather go with the cheaper room and stretch their time as long as possible. I can't argue that, but we've gone for trips of 21, 14 and 16 nights and gotten an Ocean View for all of it. (you're in Hawaii though, so theme parks or not, you won't be enjoying the room THAT much! lol)

2) Yes they do, check out the Aulani website for a listing.

If my whole stay in Hawaii was at Aulani, I'd want ocean view. But we'd been in Hawaii for 10 days prior, all with ocean view, so we opted for pool view and really enjoyed it. We could see parts of the lazy river and the lines for the slides.

We have had an island view, a pool/garden view, and the best possible ocean view. In every case we didn't really spend enough time in our room to really matter. I ate breakfast every morning out on the balcony and enjoyed all three views.

We're currently in 478 which is a pool view in EWA tower. We're directly over a section of the lazy river and we can even see a little of the ocean.

We have had an island view, a pool/garden view, and the best possible ocean view. In every case we didn't really spend enough time in our room to really matter. I ate breakfast every morning out on the balcony and enjoyed all three views.
Hmmm now I'm really unsure of what view I want lol.

We have stayed in island/garden view twice and once had a view overlooking the spa - it was very peaceful. The second time we had an awesome view of the ocean. Check the pinned post at the top which has a ton of rooms, their category, and pics of the views.

I was also looking for views but there was a change with shutter bug and now most of the pictures do not show. :(

I was also looking for views but there was a change with shutter bug and now most of the pictures do not show. :(
Maybe if you post some of the views you're interested in, folks can post what they have. It does stink that lots of the old pics are gone :(

I think this is very much a personal preference. I have never paid for Ocean View because I am not one to sit in my room and look at the view too much. I think I would get more enjoyment spending that money on other activities or on dining. The first time we had a first floor room which I think was a garden view. There wasn’t much privacy but it was right by one of the entrances to the lazy river so I appreciated that. Second time we had a mountain view which I found peaceful.

We have done ocean view twice now. This next time we have opted for a island view, as some of those are even better than the ocean views in my opinion. We are only really in our room in the evening when it's too dark to see the ocean. Plus we have an ocean front reservation on Maui coming up. If you will be in your room a lot and you don't think you will ever get back to Hawaii, then splurge for an ocean view. If not, go for one of the other views.

I don't go all the way to Hawaii to look at a "garden" or "mountain" view. I book and pay for an ocean view no matter what. I can't imagine looking at a parking lot or valet turnaround.

We were in Ewa, high floor with full ocean view. Ask for a high floor, it's fantastic. You want to be above the tree line.

Views are a personal thing, some folks don't care and others do. It is part of the vacation that holds a lot of value for us.

I don't go all the way to Hawaii to look at a "garden" or "mountain" view. I book and pay for an ocean view no matter what. I can't imagine looking at a parking lot or valet turnaround.

We are on the opposite end of that spectrum - we don't go all the way to Hawaii to sit on a balcony! lol! So I agree with you that it's a very personal thing, and totally depends on how a person is using their room.

If someone is in the room a lot, enjoying coffee or meals on the balcony then I can totally see how the extra money for a view is worth it. For us, at least in Hawaii, we are anxious to get out and enjoy the resort or the island which means we'd rather spend the extra money elsewhere. At Aulani, we had a standard studio room and our balcony overlooked the courtyard for the convention center. We saw a wedding and also saw the Secretary of Defense give a speech surrounded by secret service and dignitaries from other countries, which was pretty cool!

We enjoyed a high floor pool view. The music floated up to our room (but could be blocked when we wanted to by shutting the lanai door), and we sat overlooking the lazy river on more than one evening. We could face left and watch the sunset over the ocean.

IMG_0116.JPG Stayed there twice and had ocean view for both. If we g again we would probably do a less expensive room just because we did the ocean view twice..... but if the price was right, we wouldn't hesitate to do ocean view again.
Pic as requested

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!